New to F1, Video highlights / replays?

angry_pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey Duders,

So I'm trying to get into F1, with Drews and Dannys new show I want to learn and watch as much as I can. I have some limitations though, a newborn baby and I don't own cable TV. Time and access may be difficult on me to try and get into a new sport but Iwant to try. I'll most likely be watching video highlights after the races and then tuning into "Alt f1" to listen to Danny and Drew and pick up what I can from that each week. I know I wont get the full story each week by not watching live but you got to do what you got to do.

The problem is after a good hour of searching the Inter-webs I cant seem to find anything on the Australian Grand Prix as far as video highlights goes. Any sites that would be good for what I'm looking for, or even maybe a replay of the main race?

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated.

-Pants-

Rustafur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rustafur

Trying to follow F1 in America sucks. There's no two ways about it. The times are all over the place, the stations carrying the races are all over the place, and the live coverage is just totally put to shame by both SKY and the BBC coverage. Seriously, if you live in the US, and haven't seen a SKY or BBC broadcast of a Formula 1 race weekend, you have no idea what you're missing out on.

Having said all that, IMHO, the best way to take in Formula 1, in the US, is to simply download the SKY Sport broadcast from the pirate bay. I'm also a new dad, like yourself, and this is just the only way to do it. Yeah, you're not watching the race live, but, you can watch it when you're able to, WITH NO COMMERCIAL BREAKS, and with an awesome pre-and post Qualifying and Race shows. You'll also learn so much more, so much faster, than watching the NBCSN broadcast here in the states.

-- edit--

I went back and read the forum rules, and linking to TPB would definitely be against that. So, link removed. Feel free to PM for the details.

reddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can do little else but second @rustafur . The legally gray (at best) ways are pretty much the only way to get what you want unfortunately. I've been hoping for years now that they'll get some worthwhile streaming/VOD options on the official site, but all they're offering at the moment are some race highlights well after the race. The live-timing is nice though, but of little use to you.

In this case I'd suggest to get the full race with pre- and post-show and just watch it in parts whenever you get the chance. You'll be mostly up to speed by the end of it. If you think you have more time to spare you can also start with the qualifying to gain a little more in-depth knowledge.

dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4 dannyodwyer  Staff

The BBC have great highlights on their website.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/

However they are only for folks living in the UK so it's impossible to watch them outside the US without using a VPN.

angry_pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of great tips here, and a reply from The lobby's own Danny O'Dwyer? must be my lucky day :) I need to use these forums more often, you duders are a helpful bunch!

Thank you again for the swift help, I'll start looking into some of that ;)

-Pants-

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The BBC have great highlights on their website.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/

However they are only for folks living in the UK so it's impossible to watch them outside the US without using a VPN.

How are you watching the races now that you in murica? NBCSN?

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

VPN might not be needed for BBC's f1 highlights, there are DNS-based services which those of us in the UK use to access American Netflix, such as unblock us, which work the other way too.

bobsakamano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bobsakamano

Here are the bbc highlights: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26600441

I was able to watch them after installing an extention called "just unblock" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/justunblock/niokkhnmlofgamplohchehiaebmaimfe

Enjoy!

angry_pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are the bbc highlights: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26600441

I was able to watch them after installing an extention called "just unblock" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/justunblock/niokkhnmlofgamplohchehiaebmaimfe

Enjoy!

Thank you! watched um, very exciting, time for some Alt F1!!

Avatar image for heartbreakridge
HeartbreakRidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the same boat. I was going to at least try to watch a full race through NBC Sports Live but they don't play well with Time Warner apparently. *grumpy*

jickmagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SKY Sports is best but the commentators on the BBC are better, so take your pick, or get two TVs!

jickmagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jickmagger

The best races to get into Formula One are Monza for the race circuit and the Monaco Grand Prix for the glitz and glamour, the host of celebrity attendees and the amazing street circuit. It's also the race that F1 drivers fight to win the most.

image from http://monacograndprix.exclusivegp.com
image from http://monacograndprix.exclusivegp.com