Not Much Luck

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Edited By HairyMike87

Lately, my internet has been super slow. Only 8 times faster than dial-up. Does anyone elses Comcast seem to be slow lately?

On a more frustrating note, I'm still trying to sell some of my 360 games. I'm actually really close to just trading them into GameStop, but that would just be messed up. I posted a thread on craigslist and got no replies. I was looking on cheapassgamer.com at their game trading forum, but don't really want to wind up with paypal currency. So what else is there to do?

Until I figure that stuff out, I guess I'll just keep playing games. I've been playing Killzone 2 lately and want to beat that game on elite after I beat it on veteran. I love that game because it is just fun to kill those Helgast biotches. I also would like to play more online, but I have to wait and see when my internet goes back to normal.

Also, an update from my previous blog, I didn't buy LittleBigPlanet. Why? Because I'm an idiot. No, but seriously, I had to wait until my credit card bill came to see how much money I'll have left over. I guess I just want to get this crap done with selling my games also before I go out and get new ones.

One last thing. E3 is over pretty much (thank God). The games I'm most looking forward to getting are (in no particular order):
  •  Uncharted 2 PS3 (the demo they showed was amazing and I just beat the first one not to long ago)
  • Call of Duty MW2 PS3 (looks like it's more Modern Warfare and it's still going to kick ass)
  • Mass Effect 2 X360 (loved the first one so much and cannot wait to play 2. also, they made the game look awesome and have no texture pop in!)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii (more Mario Galaxy, sweet!)
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii (looks fun with 4 players, but I might not always have 3 other people to play with and may not be as awesome as it could be)
  • Final Fantasy XIII PS3 (looks like it will be an awesome rpg to play)
  • God of War III PS3 (more brutality, looked good but the visuals didn't really impress me. maybe I need to watch an HD video on it. other than that, can't wait!)
  • Gran Turismo 5 PS3 (I only have played GT3, which I loved, and this game should be the one to pull me back into racing)
  • The Last Guardian PS3 (watching that trailer made me feel emotional, which I can't recall anytime before this when a video game made me feel like that. there is something special about this game and cannot wait to see more of it)

Can't have a list of games I want without a short list of games that changed my mind about or made me go "What? Why?":
  • Left4Dead2 (I feel like I just got 1 yesterday. Already a sequal? Why not more DLC for 1? Doesn't make sense to buy this game for another $60 and only have 5 levels. Granted, 1 only had 4, but I got it for free so whatever.)
  • Halo 3 ODST (Halo just isn't Halo without Master Cheif to me. I didn't like the idea of switching to different soldiers and playing their parts as opposed to just playing through the game as the Rookie ODST. Then again, Halo 2 switched between Cheif and Arbiter, so maybe I'm jumping into an empty pool with this thought.)
  • 99% of Nintendo's Press Conference (no explanation necessary)
  • PSP Go Price ($250! it's smaller, has no umd support and is more money? don't even tell me the 16gbs of memory is going to be that expensive to place in that product. no way am I getting that until it's around $150 or has more internal memory)

I'm probably leaving out some games, but this is getting really long for me, so I'll just stop there. 

Anyways, I enjoyed watching all of the conferences and looking forward to playing most of these games in the future. How this blog got into E3 stuff is beyond me. Now I have to put all of these games into the tag line uggghhhh. Thanks for reading.
HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By HairyMike87

Lately, my internet has been super slow. Only 8 times faster than dial-up. Does anyone elses Comcast seem to be slow lately?

On a more frustrating note, I'm still trying to sell some of my 360 games. I'm actually really close to just trading them into GameStop, but that would just be messed up. I posted a thread on craigslist and got no replies. I was looking on cheapassgamer.com at their game trading forum, but don't really want to wind up with paypal currency. So what else is there to do?

Until I figure that stuff out, I guess I'll just keep playing games. I've been playing Killzone 2 lately and want to beat that game on elite after I beat it on veteran. I love that game because it is just fun to kill those Helgast biotches. I also would like to play more online, but I have to wait and see when my internet goes back to normal.

Also, an update from my previous blog, I didn't buy LittleBigPlanet. Why? Because I'm an idiot. No, but seriously, I had to wait until my credit card bill came to see how much money I'll have left over. I guess I just want to get this crap done with selling my games also before I go out and get new ones.

One last thing. E3 is over pretty much (thank God). The games I'm most looking forward to getting are (in no particular order):
  •  Uncharted 2 PS3 (the demo they showed was amazing and I just beat the first one not to long ago)
  • Call of Duty MW2 PS3 (looks like it's more Modern Warfare and it's still going to kick ass)
  • Mass Effect 2 X360 (loved the first one so much and cannot wait to play 2. also, they made the game look awesome and have no texture pop in!)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii (more Mario Galaxy, sweet!)
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii (looks fun with 4 players, but I might not always have 3 other people to play with and may not be as awesome as it could be)
  • Final Fantasy XIII PS3 (looks like it will be an awesome rpg to play)
  • God of War III PS3 (more brutality, looked good but the visuals didn't really impress me. maybe I need to watch an HD video on it. other than that, can't wait!)
  • Gran Turismo 5 PS3 (I only have played GT3, which I loved, and this game should be the one to pull me back into racing)
  • The Last Guardian PS3 (watching that trailer made me feel emotional, which I can't recall anytime before this when a video game made me feel like that. there is something special about this game and cannot wait to see more of it)

Can't have a list of games I want without a short list of games that changed my mind about or made me go "What? Why?":
  • Left4Dead2 (I feel like I just got 1 yesterday. Already a sequal? Why not more DLC for 1? Doesn't make sense to buy this game for another $60 and only have 5 levels. Granted, 1 only had 4, but I got it for free so whatever.)
  • Halo 3 ODST (Halo just isn't Halo without Master Cheif to me. I didn't like the idea of switching to different soldiers and playing their parts as opposed to just playing through the game as the Rookie ODST. Then again, Halo 2 switched between Cheif and Arbiter, so maybe I'm jumping into an empty pool with this thought.)
  • 99% of Nintendo's Press Conference (no explanation necessary)
  • PSP Go Price ($250! it's smaller, has no umd support and is more money? don't even tell me the 16gbs of memory is going to be that expensive to place in that product. no way am I getting that until it's around $150 or has more internal memory)

I'm probably leaving out some games, but this is getting really long for me, so I'll just stop there. 

Anyways, I enjoyed watching all of the conferences and looking forward to playing most of these games in the future. How this blog got into E3 stuff is beyond me. Now I have to put all of these games into the tag line uggghhhh. Thanks for reading.
Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

The Helgast are actually the good guys. :(

Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By EightBitWarrior

Amazon.com marketplace. It's easier and quicker than ebay (you set a price, and theres no bidding), people pay amazon with their standard credit cards, and you extract the money directly into your bank account with an extraction fee. You still have to pay some fees to Amazon for selling your game (not for listing though), but its a lot better than gamestop credit, if you're patient enough.

mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mussbus999

You can try dawdle.com for exchanging in the games.

I really agree with you on the L4D2, Uncharted 2, MW2, essentially everything you said.

Glad to hear back from you.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Player1

comcast is always on and off for me. Lately it has sucked though.