Oh my god! (The Walking Dead Season Premiere!)

• 64 results
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By project343

I haven't seen it yet. But The Walking Dead is sort of "meh" beyond the initial pilot episode. I'm hoping that they can somehow get back ontop of that series. Otherwise, I'm bailing.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NegativeCero

I feel like I'm outside looking in. I really need to read the comics so I can get as excited for when the show deviates.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By avidwriter

Actually Darabont directed half of this first episode of season 2? So I wouldn't be so quick to judge it just yet. Wait until they get past his work and 100% into open new territory.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@DeF said:

@xobballox said:

I didn't get to see it, too busy with college shit. When is it supposed to come to Netflix? The screened article I read made it seem like it would come to Netflix sometime around the time it premiered on TV. (Please PM or @ reply me, I don't want to read through this thread in case of unintentional spoilage.)

it's coming to netflix shortly before season 3 starts ...so you might wanna check out alternate ways to catch up on what you missed. also: why is nobody using the screened forums for movie/tv discussions?

Fuuuuuck. Thanks for the info, the way it was worded on Screened made me think it would be coming to Netflix around the same time it showed on TV :( I'm not sure how I'm going to get to watch it this year : / always busy on Sunday nights because of college.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By HandsomeDead

It was really bad, like the bulk of last season. I heard there had been a shake up in staff so I tuned in even after skipping the last two episodes of the first season. Nothing has changed; terrible dialogue, no attempt at characterisation, awful pacing and a central relationship plot line that could be from any network TV drama. If you like this as much as you guys seem to do, you're a zombie apologist.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Osaladin

I was actually quite disappointed as well, barely any plot, the monologues were terrible, and some of the characters are just getting more annoying. Although the ending was pretty good, everything else moved a bit too slow for me. I kinda hope that the little girl is lost forever, or they find her dead, maybe that will compel the mother to leave too, for me, she's the most insufferable character on the show. I'd be completely fine with just Dale (?) and the Asian guy are left, they are easily my favorites.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By wickedsc3

Screened has a good write-up on this. I found it to be very good.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By wjb

@nywt: Maybe it's been done before, but that doesn't necessarily make it bullshit. I know we all think we're smart and clever, and if a zombie apocalypse did happen, we would know exactly what to do, but we would be scared just like Andrea was. Since she couldn't see anything, it was hard to tell if the zombie was leaving or not, not until it was already gone. I know it sounds apologetic (and to clarify, I do not particularly care for the series or zombies in general), but it could've just shuffled to the front and came back. It was at the front of the RV away from her, so she took that opportunity to load her gun in case it or any other zombie came back. I don't know, that scene made sense to me.

And zombies are really good at flash mobs, duh. Zombies are boring and harmless unless they're a lot of them coming out of nowhere. It may seem cheap, but in my opinion, there's only so much you can do with zombies to make them look like a threat. Otherwise it's like, "Whatevs, a couple of zombies. Big deal." I may be wrong, but it's not like they snuck up on the group -- there were a ton of cars and trucks blocking everyone's field of vision. It wasn't until Grimes and Dale (?) actually looked did they see zombies coming. I could be wrong, but even if I am, again, there's only so many "oh shit" situations you can have with zombies -- they're pretty boring.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Come on, people. It wasn't awful. It wasn't great, but it definitely wasn't awful. Some of the characters are annoying. Namely the blonde who, for some reason or another, hasn't died yet. Is this woman married to Frank Darabont or something? Because I can't think of a single movie or tv show she's been in that hasn't had his name attached to it. She's like Rebecca Pidgeon to David Mamet.

nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By nywt

@will_leisure: Thanks for further proving my point. You say that the situations have been done before and seem cheap yet you don't think they are extremely cliche? That sounds like a pretty good description of cliche to me. While I'm not going to argue the details of what might happen should a zombie apocalypse occur, I'm going to argue that the writers of the show should have found a better way to write that scene. For example, a zombie attack wasn't really required in the RV. The scene was tense enough without the zombie attacking. Without doing much to alter the mood of the scene (Andrea goes from being in trouble to still being in trouble), the writers used a cliche to instigate a gory confrontation, for the sake of said gore. The revelation of the zombies "appearing" could have similarly been mended. Instead of having all of the zombies appear behind a single transport truck, the herd could have been seen cresting the hill further back. With the RV still in need of repair, the same situation would have occurred, without resorting to teleporting zombies.

The fact is that the writers took the easy way out. Instead of coming up with new, clever ideas of portraying a "realistic" zombie, they fell back on cliches that ultimately result in devaluing the approach to zombies and a zombie apocalypse that the comic and show set out to do. But then again, this is only one of the problems I have with this show. I mean, does no one in their reality know what a zombie is? Do George Romero or countless other successors not exist within that universe?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#61  Edited By Sooperspy

@ninjakiller said:

The part with Rick's son getting shot is lifted directly from the comic btw.

Shit! I forgot all about that happening in the comic. I haven't read the 2nd volume in at least 5 years. That's why it was shocking to me in the show last night.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By Phished0ne

Did anyone mention the part where they HID UNDERNEATH CARS FROM ZOMBIES?!?!?!

That's when i turned the episode off. You cant hide underneath cars from zombies, i mean, what are they even implying? That zombies need to use their fucking eyes? Remember the first season? you know, the episode where they cut up a zombie and cover themselves in gore and viscera to get past them? now all of a sudden all we have to do is hide under a car and a mob of zombies will just stroll right past you.

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By cnlmullen

I'm hoping the whole cast gets eaten and replaced with characters portrayed by actors who can act.

EDIT: Or maybe all the characters can be badly injured and forced to undergo reconstructive surgery... after which the cast would be fired and replaced with more convincing actors.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Redbullet685said:

@ninjakiller said:

The part with Rick's son getting shot is lifted directly from the comic btw.

Shit! I forgot all about that happening in the comic. I haven't read the 2nd volume in at least 5 years. That's why it was shocking to me in the show last night.

I doubt it will happen, but i hope he dies. That kid is so obnoxious.