Oh That Street Fighter: The Movie Soundtrack

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By GiantGUS
Ah those rappers and their funny names. And that Paris, she is not even a Hilton.
On friday I swung by a friend's house so we could play some electronic piano and then go to another friend's house to have delicious pizza (it ended up being just average pizza). Whilst having fun with those black and white things that make the noise come out he gave me a gift that I will cherish forever (pictured right).

Yes, that IS the soundtrack from the Street Fighter movie. And YES, all those names are from people that were paid to put music into that disc. Apparently the money ran out when it was time to design the cover, so they went with "Spots! Yes, spots! But make'em tiny, we don't have a big budget, Van Damme and MC Hammer danced away with it. Also, make it very clear that this is a SOUNDTRACK."

So what are the tracks on this thing? I am glad you asked, or else that scan of the back of the case would be a little more useless.

Kylie Minogue was totally imersed into her role as Cammy, so she couldn't record anything for this AMAZING CD.
Kylie Minogue was totally imersed into her role as Cammy, so she couldn't record anything for this AMAZING CD.
As you can see by clicking on the image and inspecting it with carefull eyes is that it's a GREAT collection of mediocre rap with some "good enough" tracks. I approve of Pandemonium, Street Fighter (especially for starting with a "menacing" laughter by Ice Cube and containing the sentence "I wanna kill Chuck Norris.", well Mr. Cube, I want to do it as well.") and, of course, Straight To My Feet. This track features MC Hammer at his Hammeriest with a good sample combined with sub-par fast rapping about punching dudes.

So if you never heard this CLASSIC, the video is just below this text you are reading and features the MC partying with "Guile" Van Damme smoking on them cigars only to be interupted by them Shadaloo folks for a quick stare-off punctuated by minor costume changes on the part of Vega (he IS vain).

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GiantGUS
Ah those rappers and their funny names. And that Paris, she is not even a Hilton.
On friday I swung by a friend's house so we could play some electronic piano and then go to another friend's house to have delicious pizza (it ended up being just average pizza). Whilst having fun with those black and white things that make the noise come out he gave me a gift that I will cherish forever (pictured right).

Yes, that IS the soundtrack from the Street Fighter movie. And YES, all those names are from people that were paid to put music into that disc. Apparently the money ran out when it was time to design the cover, so they went with "Spots! Yes, spots! But make'em tiny, we don't have a big budget, Van Damme and MC Hammer danced away with it. Also, make it very clear that this is a SOUNDTRACK."

So what are the tracks on this thing? I am glad you asked, or else that scan of the back of the case would be a little more useless.

As you can see by clicking on the image and inspecting it with carefull eyes is that it's a GREAT collection of mediocre rap with some "good enough" tracks. I approve of Pandemonium, Street Fighter (especially for starting with a "menacing" laughter by Ice Cube and containing the sentence "I wanna kill Chuck Norris.", well Mr. Cube, I want to do it as well.") and, of course, Straight To My Feet. This track features MC Hammer at his Hammeriest with a good sample combined with sub-par fast rapping about punching dudes.

So if you never heard this CLASSIC, the video is just below this text you are reading and features the MC partying with "Guile" Van Damme smoking on them cigars only to be interupted by them Shadaloo folks for a quick stare-off punctuated by minor costume changes on the part of Vega (he IS vain).

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

Just posting to unlock it from the top.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Lawlz. I have never seen that before.

The Nas track is dope and makes sense given the lyrics.

Nas - One on One

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GiantGUS

Indeed, that Nas track is cool. It's one of the calmer songs on the album, perfect for when Zangief just wants to chillax.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Whoa, Cube, Nas, LL, and Public Enemy were on the SF Movie soundtrack? O_o

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GiantGUS
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Whoa, Cube, Nas, LL, and Public Enemy were on the SF Movie soundtrack? O_o"
And MC Hammer O_o o_O
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

I actually think I could get that soundtrack myself. I think the Japanese Saturn version of the movie game has it included with it. I saw it the other day  for around 10 english pounds. I should really get it,  seeing as though I collect fighting games and (normally) all things SF. I did just laugh when I saw it though lol. It looks terrible, clearly the game has followed suit :D

Saw a Japanese CE of SF Hyper Fighting (PSone) today, I should really put that 10 pounds to that really, seeing as though it costs 65 pounds! 

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GiantGUS
Linkyshinks said:
"I actually think I could get that soundtrack myself. I think the Japanese Saturn version of the movie game has it included with it. I saw it the other day  for around 10 english pounds. I should really get it,  seeing as though I collect fighting games and (normally) all things SF. I did just laugh when I saw it though lol. It looks terrible, clearly the game has followed suit :D

Saw a Japanese CE of SF Hyper Fighting (PSone) today, I should really put that 10 pounds to that really, seeing as though it costs 65 pounds! "
Hyper Fighting for PS1?
And yeah, a lot of Saturn games have the soundtrack there easily available for ripping with iTunes/Zune/WMP.
So buy those games.

Little trivia: the hadouken in that game is a tennis ball set on fire that the developers swung from ropes in the parking lot.