Oh The Horror!

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By striderno9

I didn't see a horror movie thread, so being that it's Shocktober I figure I make one and see if it works. Basically post about any horror movies you've seen and recommend them or warn us to stay away. I've seen a bunch this month already ( probably because my wife and I started our horror movie run half a month early this year) so it's list time.

The Last Exorcism II - 2 out of 5, Better than the first but that's not saying much IMO, had some good creepiness to it but wow that ending was just the worst and made no sense.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - 2 out of 5, Not terrible but could have done more. The ending sort of just ended without anyone noticing, even the actors.

Dark Skies - 4 out of 5, not the scariest alien invasion movie you'll see but it did a good job with how it dealt out the scares/

The Ward - 2 out of 5, this was pretty boring, but it had an interesting story once they reveal how things work.

Dark Water - 3 out of 5, carried by Jennifer Connely's performance, needed more scares but was good.

Grave Encounters - 3 out of 5, Basically Blair Witch Project in an Asylum, had some good scares.

The Pact - 2 out of 5 interesting but sort of meh.

Lovely Molly - 4 out of 5, thought it was really creepy at parts with great tension and dread throughout the whole movie.

The Awakening - 2 out of 5, a pretty good plot, with good ideas but just not enough scares.

Chernobyl Diaries - 3 out of 5, had good ideas, built a lot of tension, wanted a bit more but was happy it wasn't bad.

The Bay - 4 out of 5, good movie, had such a great tone to it. I'm a fan of found footage when it's done smart like this. I wanted a better ending but it made sense.

For reference on my taste, my top favorite horror movies are The Exorcism, The Blair Witch Project and Rosemary's Baby.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chernobyl Diaries ended up so disappointing. I wasn't very hyped by it, but oh wow did it go down the pooper. If you sorta liked Dark Water you should get a hold of the original. Not a great movie I think but much better than the remake. Also Don't be afraid of the dark. I can't believe that film was supposed to be scary. The moment they first show the monsters, I laughed. I continued to laugh every time they showed up. Like a cheesy 80's horror movie monster.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

They looked like tiny Gollums, not very scary but their voices were creepy.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I feel like if yet another horror film thread is made it'll just be locked, so I'll use the most recent one instead.

In short, I watched a few horror films last weekend and I intend to do so this weekend and the weekend after, but I'd like to ask some of you horror aficionados about what the must-see horror films are. In terms of "must-see", I mean more of the ones that define the genre, and not all of the oldies. I've watched a fair amount of what people consider the "classics", though, so I'll list them to ensure I don't hear repeats.

I've seen:

• Evil Dead 1 & 2 (and Army of Darkness)
  • The Shining
  • Halloween (1978)
  • Hellraiser (1987)
  • Psycho (1960)
  • American Psycho
  • The Thing
  • Alien (and the rest of them)
  • Predator (and the rest of them)

That's really all the ones I've seen that I think could be recommended.

jasbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jasbir

I love dark water and I've seen some scary movies for example

The Exorcist

Evil Dead - Original

Haunting in Conecticut

Sinister