Phone Plan Advice

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Hey folks,

To cut to the quick, I've been wanting to see where I can save money in my phone bill. Currently I have a Verizon data plan that gives me 4gigs each month. Got this grandfathered from when I got the contract years ago as the price I'm paying now, they would only offer 2gigs monthly. Last time I spoke with somebody from Verizon, my bill is the least expensive data plan they offer. Which sucks because they charge me $115 a month for it. One of the main reasons I have Verizon is mostly because of the coverage in my area. Verizon has good signals out in Northwest Ohio where I live and those I've seen with AT&T phones here get jack for signals. Though I've yet to hear anyone with T-Mobile or Sprint has to say about using their phones here.

One option I've considered is getting a prepaid phone. However if you've seen Verizon's offers for pre-paid phones they rip you off. Not even giving you a gig of data for 45 bucks a month. Straight Talk at least gives you 2 gigs for $45 monthly. So yeah I've considered Straight Talk, however I've heard some stories of dropped calls often and data speeds being highly erratic. I do enjoy having internet anywhere I go but I am conservative with it. I always use WiFi when I have the option. If anything I use data the most when I need to use my phone of GPS which I rely on a lot when I travel and need directions.

I'm curious if instead of getting a prepaid smart phone, if I should go to another carrier? Maybe I can save money and still get decent service in Northwest Ohio as opposed to something pre paid. Any advice? Thoughts? Just I really would like to save some money on my phone bill, but I still want something I can rely on for GPS needs.

Appreciate any advice folks might have.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I'm on Verizon's actual cheapest plan. It's called the loyalty plan. You have to specially request it via their customer service line either by chat or by 1800 phone call, should the Indian chat rep not approve of it. If you've had Verizon for over a year or two it shouldn't be a problem, I found a guy willing to put me on it after one month of being a customer. You could approach it like "well I can't afford this anymore I'm gonna cancel and switch to straight talk unless there's this loyalty plan I heard of..."

It's $60 a month plus tax and comes with 2GB. It's 10$ a month per gigabyte overage. So 4GB for $80. There's no bonuses though, like cloud data or tethering.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

https://republicwireless.com/ex/#shop

$10 per month - UNLIMITED TALK / TEXT over WiFi + Cell. UNLIMITED DATA over WiFi.

$25 per month - UNLIMITED TALK / TEXT over WiFi + Cell. UNLIMITED DATA over WiFi + 3G.

$40 per month - UNLIMITED TALK/TEXT over WiFi + Cell. UNLIMITED DATA over WiFi + 4G.

The only catch is you have to use one of their three phone options, all of which are either Moto X or Moto G.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By bwheeeler

Yeah, I'm gonna second Republic Wireless. Great service, cheap as hell. And the Moto X is a really, really good phone. It's nuts!!!