Propane tanks in cold weather (BBQ)

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

This year my family got our first bbq. And we used it well over the summer. Now its starting to get colder, but the propane tank we are using is still half full(guess). Is there any danger of the propane tank being in negative celcius temperatures either outside or in the garage in normal Canadian winter weather?

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Nah, not at all man, we used propane tanks when I used to cook up in the French Alps, -30 degrees and nothing changes, as long as the container is as cold as the gas inside then its fine, its dangerous when one is hot and the other is cold.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By super2j

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Nah, not at all man, we used propane tanks when I used to cook up in the French Alps, -30 degrees and nothing changes, as long as the container is as cold as the gas inside then its fine, its dangerous when one is hot and the other is cold.

Thats a relief. So it is also safe to use if one day in minus 24C i decide to make a hotdog?

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@super2j said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Thats a relief. So it is also safe to use if one day in minus 24C i decide to make a hotdog?

Yeh, it will be fine, we used to have terrace BBQs when it was snowing and we were hammered.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By super2j

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@super2j said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Yeh, it will be fine, we used to have terrace BBQs when it was snowing and we were hammered.

So, now that my question is answered. I am surprisingly interested in learning about you climbing mountains?? Whats up with that? did you do it in assassins creed or something?

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@super2j said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@super2j said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

So, now that my question is answered. I am surprisingly interested in learning about you climbing mountains?? Whats up with that? did you do it in assassins creed or something?

Not exactly, I was a Snowboard guide by day and a chalet chef by night. Got to go and ride all day and get paid for it, then got paid to cook dinner for eight people so got my dinner for free as well, rent was so cheap, I left that mountain after 6 months with 10k euros and having had the best time ever!!

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By super2j

@Imsorrymsjackson: sounds like sick time. What kind of food were u preparing on that mountain? Are we talking duck or protein packets? I bet the view was crazy.

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@super2j said:

@Imsorrymsjackson: sounds like sick time. What kind of food were u preparing on that mountain? Are we talking duck or protein packets? I bet the view was crazy.

3 courses and canapes, really nice food like pan seared duck with elderberry jus, fondant potatoes and roast winter veg, apple tart tatins, onion soups, just nice, hearty food. You can see the view on my profile pic, that was at the top of the ski lift that was practically outside my chalet, it was a good time, loads of drink, women and snowboarding! Do it.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By super2j

God damn, you are a snowboarding Chef. Those kinds of experiences are what we should all be striving for, DAMN....living the dream.

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@super2j said:

God damn, you are a snowboarding Chef. Those kinds of experiences are what we should all be striving for, DAMN....living the dream.

Before I did it for the first time I was depressed, stuck in the UK, bad relationships, not a lot of friends and broke, going up the mountains changed my life, put so much in perspective. I am going to Hokkaido, Japan in two weeks to do a few months up there for a family I met on one of my other seasons, they are having me as there live in chef and snowboard guide for their friends, excellent contact to have made!!

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Franstone

We shovel a path to our grill on our patio in the winter so I'd say you're in the clear.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By super2j

OHHH MANNNNN. haha, Globe trotting. Do you expect there to be any language barrier issues? I would personally be worried about not being able to talk my way through a foreign land. I understand English is very prevalent but you never know.

And if you happen to see a person shooting giant laser beams from their hands... please tell me.