Pure Pwnage Is Coming Back!!!!!

ikusaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ikusaba

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Pure Pwnage, but it was one of the first live action web series based around gaming. A few years ago one of its main cast members passed away in an automobile accident (R.I.P Troy Dixon) and the show was put on hold indefinitely. Along with that, the director of the show was no longer friends with most of the cast, because of a disagreement they had. Not even the biggest fans thought that a return would happen.

Today this video was posted to Youtube

The video was posted by the director Geoff aka Kyle. As of right now two of the main cast members, Joel Gardiner aka FPS Doug, and Jarret Cale aka Jeremy have linked to it on Twitter. If you were a fan of Pure Pwnage you know exactly why this is exciting. It looks like all we have to do from here is wait for an official announcement.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

Wait, who did Troy play?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By psylah

I spent several hundred hours on scoutzknivez maps yelling BOOM HEADSHOT thanks to FPS Doug.

farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By farmer

Pure Pwnage was funny when it started, but I think they kept it going for too long. A comeback is the last thing I want from them.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By AssInAss

Blast from the relative past!

Now that pro gaming has blown up, they have a lot of opportunities for stories.

ikusaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ikusaba

Troy Dixon played Terrance "T-bag" Brown. From the sounds of it this is going to probably be a complete reboot. It also seems like this may focus a lot more around EVO and E-sports in general.

LD50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LD50

I literally just now shit inside of my pants.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BisonHero

@Farmer said:

Pure Pwnage was funny when it started, but I think they kept it going for too long. A comeback is the last thing I want from them.

That was my general feeling as well. I watched up until the end of the first "season", and the gradually more prominent plot was kind of off-putting. I liked the first like 4 or 5 episodes where the episodes were not connected in any meaningful way, and just explored how the Jeremy character lives his life.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By fattony12000

Watched the first few episodes of PP back in the day, before Troy was even it in, didn't know that it had kept on going for so long after that.

If they've improved their writing and keep things tight, they could come up with something pretty funny for today's audience.

ikusaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ikusaba

@BisonHero: I also wasn't a huge fan of a story in a series that I thought was great without it. That's why the Canadian tv series wasn't doing it for me.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I fucking loved Pure Pwnage and I would have continued loving it as strongly as the first episodes if they didn't progressively start developing a "serious" story line with people shooting laser beams and keyboard sword fights. God, that was dumb. It was way funnier when it was just the daily hi-jinx of the deluded main character and everyone around him who had to cope with it. After Troy's sad death, everything just ended... Last episode I remember seeing ended with a cliffhanger concerning some mysterious gamer girl or something.

Also, what's this about a disagreement between the director and other members of the cast? That sounds really sad. What happened?

This episode is an example of when things went real dumb, but Dave's backstory was excellent. Also:

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By EquitasInvictus

There was a bunch of awesome things they did back in the day. "BOOM HEADSHOT" is probably one of the most memorable, but my personal favorite was "teh noob song." Don't know why I liked that so much, though!

ikusaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ikusaba

@FluxWaveZ: I'm not at liberty to say exactly what it was about, but I can say that it was mainly between Geoff and Jarret (Jeremy and Kyle). From what I understand Geoff wanted someone named Davin to have a say in the production, Jarret refused it and Geoff basically told Jarret to go fuck himself (my words not theirs). Pair that with the fact that Jarret was going through some major depression after the accident. So the fact that this is happening is a complete shock to me and anyone else who knows what was going on behind the scenes. Really excited.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No one posted the "Boom Headshot" video yet, so I might as well:

They could really do some great things with a return of PP.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By subject2change

@ikusaba said:

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Pure Pwnage, but it was one of the first live action web series based around gaming. A few years ago one of its main cast members passed away in an automobile accident (R.I.P Troy Dixon) and the show was put on hold indefinitely. Along with that, the director of the show was no longer friends with most of the cast, because of a disagreement they had. Not even the biggest fans thought that a return would happen.

Today this video was posted to Youtube

The video was posted by the director Geoff aka Kyle. As of right now two of the main cast members, Joel Gardiner aka FPS Doug, and Jarret Cale aka Jeremy have linked to it on Twitter. If you were a fan of Pure Pwnage you know exactly why this is exciting. It looks like all we have to do from here is wait for an official announcement.

It also failed on that Canadian TV channel. So that could of been a reason why it went on hiatus. It was an alright show, but was too niche for most people. It was aimed too much at the "hardcore" gamer. While I hate the show, it needs to be more of a Big Bang Theory type of nerd show. Something that everyday folks can enjoy.

If it's another web series i'll give it a shot. I always just liked the every day life sort of gamer stuff.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By huntad

I really liked the first few episodes. It needs to return to that type of 'documentary' style.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skyrider

This has me pretty excited. Considering that the original series kind of broke new ground as far as internet based shows go (maybe? I'm not sure, feel free to correct me, haha), it felt really weird when they finally came out and confirmed that the series was dead. I'm all for a reboot.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Hunter5024

I think the reason the show ended had more to do with them getting picked up by some canadian network for actual tv, and being cancelled after one season because the majority of their fanbase was incapable of watching it, and that sort of hurting Geoff's confidence in the property. I would like them to bring it back just to give it an ending, but I don't think I'd want to just see them pick up where they left off and keep going. That show got really stupid and never updated frequently enough, but every once in a while they had a few bits that were pure gold.

ikusaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ikusaba

@Hunter5024: Well the TV show happened at a time when I think it was pretty clear that another web episode wasn't coming. Geoff had stopped doing it to work on the TV show and Troy had passed away. There was a rumor that an episode was being produced and was going to be directed by Jarret himself, but that never happened. I think at this point they couldn't possibly pick up where they left off, not after everything that happened towards the end of the first run. Also the fact that Troy Dixon was very much becoming a pretty big fixture in the show and I can't see them simply writing off a character not only important to the show, but important to the rest of the cast I'm sure.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Hunter5024

@ikusaba: Yes but I can't imagine they could reboot it again after they already did that for the tv show (which is actually pretty good btw, any PP fan should watch it).

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By envane

never watched the tv show , the end of the web series sorta left me feeling meh , but yeah .. pretty good ? isnt its just a redux of their original story etc ? anwyays seems more worthy to check out now.

but yeah wtf are they going to do if they reboot it again ehhe weirdness

Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Arestice

I don't think they're redoing the series, it's just one last shot with a movie. They have an indiegogo up now http://www.indiegogo.com/purepwnage

Web series / TV Show they were both different but hopefully this will be glorious and more like the web version.

ikusaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ikusaba

MAJOR UPDATE: It turns out that the announcement was for a PURE PWNAGE MOVIE

It is awesome to see those two on the same video again. Please, if you're a fan of Pure Pwnage you can contribute to the cause right http://www.indiegogo.com/purepwnage. They have raised a little over 36,000 in 2 hours. Guys, LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@ikusaba: Yep, we've got a thread here with the official announcement. It actually took more than 4 hours to reach its current amount, but I'm still happily surprised at its progression. I did my part and contributed $50; I hope great things will follow.