Question about Hulu Plus and Netflix

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pw2566ch

So I'm thinking about ditching my cable service because fuck paying $60 a month alone just for that. What I'm planning on doing afterwards is purchasing a cheap media player for every room in my house that has a television. That's about 5 rooms, maybe 4 since my mother-in-law is rarely here. What I'm curious about is how many systems can run one Netflix and Hulu Plus account at once? Internet service shouldn't be a problem because I'm going to upgrade that once I cancel the cable.

EDIT: Not $50, it's actually $60 a month.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SlightConfuse

in my experice as many as you have. my brother has used netflix on xbox while i used it on my laptop, not sure about hulu plus

Oullie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Oullie

For Netflix, I believe the way it's set up is you can only it running on one console per brand. So if you have two Wii's, only one can have it. But you can have it on the Wii and the PS3 at the same time and be fine. You can also have someone else watching Netflix on both those systems at the same time.

I've had little experience with Hulu Plus. It's neat because you get a lot of TV shows, a lot of new ones too. With Netflix you usually have to wait until the season is over and it's on DVD to watch episodes. The one thing I hated about Hulu Plus was the fact that it still had ads.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4  Edited By spiceninja

Netflix can be activated on 5 different devices, and can only be watched by two people at one time.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Netflix and hulu plus are much the same they can be activated on 5 or so different devices and watched by 2 people. I own a 360, wii, ps3, Sony media player and have most setup on netflix they work pretty well the media player I own is http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=SMPN100

The SMPN100 can be had for as cheap as 30 dollars and it works pretty well it also plays youtube, crackle...pretty much every streaming service there is it supports.

Netflix tends to take a while to get new stuff and rarely gets really brand new stuff but it has a very large stock of established stuff, Hulu plus I wont pay for anymore since I'm forced to watch advertisements on it and they have a very mediocre lineup of movies their tv is far better though you'll find most new shows on it and shows usually show up the day after its aired on tv.

tadros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By tadros

My girlfriends family has two Wiis and they are usually used at the same time for Netflix. Also she uses the account when at my house on my Xbox, PS3, and Mac. We both have used it on our iPhones and iPad as well. Not sure if Hulu is as flexible but Netflix is insanely convenient for the cost.

Ziccarra_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ziccarra_Liafador

I use Netflix for, Two computers, My NDS3d, My Ps3 and My Wii. I know it's overkill but eh.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pw2566ch

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Netflix and hulu plus are much the same they can be activated on 5 or so different devices and watched by 2 people. I own a 360, wii, ps3, Sony media player and have most setup on netflix they work pretty well the media player I own is http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=SMPN100

The SMPN100 can be had for as cheap as 30 dollars and it works pretty well it also plays youtube, crackle...pretty much every streaming service there is it supports.

Netflix tends to take a while to get new stuff and rarely gets really brand new stuff but it has a very large stock of established stuff, Hulu plus I wont pay for anymore since I'm forced to watch advertisements on it and they have a very mediocre lineup of movies their tv is far better though you'll find most new shows on it and shows usually show up the day after its aired on tv.

I'm going to look into that. Right now the link you gave and Newegg is showing "no longer available". Right now I just have a laptop and a Wii that I can use on televisions. I refuse to update my PS3 and I don't feel like paying $60 a year on my 360 just to watch Netflix and Hulu Plus. So maybe I'll just pick up a couple of $80 Blu-ray players that have Netflix and Hulu Plus and just leave it at that.