Quick Blog: Twas the Quick Blog Before Christmas!

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Edited By MachoFantastico

TWAS THE QUICK BLOG BEFORE CHRISTMAS.... AND I'M STILL A BIT OF A HUMBUG!

Hello Merry Readers,

I hope this Blog before Christmas finds you Merrier then I, yes I'm still in a bit of a humbug mood today. In fact I've been somewhat of a humbug all week and I promise not to bring you down to much in this quick blog. I wanted to get a blog out before Christmas night incase Santa decided to shoot me with his pistol because I've been such a total moaning git this past week. I don't want to be, that's for sure. But it's all the crap that comes with Christmas that gets me down, now I shall admit  I love some Christmas TV. I watched some brilliant 'brand new' Ras C Nesbitt last night (A scottish comedy that was huge back in the 90's) and theres even some new Shooting Stars hitting our televisions after Christmas. Well that's actually it to be honest, I'm not a huge TV fan but I do love my comedies and there as been a treat of cheerful entertainment on my square box of dreams. 

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL VERY MERRY!

I honestly do, just because I'm in a moaning mood doesn't mean the World can't have a good old time with family and friends. I shall be spending the day (Christmas Day that is) with family to and I'm looking forward to seeing Baby Rosie for the first time since her birth. Sadly I already suspect I'm being planned to entertain her older sister Daisy for the day, so I'll be in some pain playing hide and seek and I do my best to get a few seconds of rest throughout the day. Spare a thought for me while I hide in the most unconfortable positions on this 'so-called' Merry day of joy. But I'm sure I'll eventually enjoy myself, Christmas is all about Family, and I hope  you my dear readers will be enjoying yours with your own families wherever you may be. This blog isn't about games as you'd probably guessed by now, but like most of you I have been busy enjoying a good few games recently and I intend to play more over the holiday. As usual I have been playing way to much Rock Band 2 again, I actually started dipping my feet into the Expert pool this last few days. Strangely I actually find the faster speed of expert to suit me better which is kind of odd. It's still very challenging so far and I'm taking it easy at the moment, I've been considering seeing if theres any bands out there willing to take me on but I'm not to sure if I'm good enough right now. I've also been playing some Prince of Persia which I have to say is a great game, I'm hoping to try and get that completed this holiday for a future review. 
Now I can see why the kids love him so much.

I'm starting to talk about games and I promised myself I wouldn't in this blog, it's about Christmas and that fat man in a red suit Santa Claus himself. In fact I'm finding it quite hard to talk more about Christmas because what I have to say about it as been said a hundred times over and it would only bore you to death and you don't want that on Christmas Eve. So I'm not totally sure what to discuss in this blog, I'll keep this one short partly because I have to get around to cleaning the aquarium (or 'Super Jungle Underwater Goldfish Resort' as it is also known by). It's the home of my two Shunbunkin Goldfish Bert and Ernie named of course after the fantastic Sesame Street duo. So I have to get around to cleaning the tank, it is a little late to do so but I don't want it to dirty further over the Christmas period so I better get onto that. So for now this one will be short, makes a difference considering once I start writing (or typing whatever you want to call this) I can't usually stop until I have said all I want to say. But I felt it was only right to have a quick blog up before 'that fat man in a red suit' visits all the good boys and girls with presents that were bought from the Woolworth closing down sale.

So finally I wanted to mention that sometime this weekend hopefully I shall be putting up my very special 'TrueEnglishGent's Top Ten Games of 2008' list and I'm looking forward to doing so. I already have my top six set and ready, I shall admit to you dear reader that I'm very pleased with this years list. Especially my Top Game of 2008 which is indeed a special one and a game I suspect will be on many a gamers top ten list. There might even be some surprises in there to, who knows? But as I said, hopefully I'll get around to writing that this Christmas Weekend. I shall also be checking out other GiantBomb Users top ten lists this weekend like I mentioned in my past blog. So please mention them in the comments if you have your own very special list for folks to enjoy viewing. I won't shout out a Happy New Year just yet as I'm sure I'll get around to writing up a new blog before we enter the year 2009 and I'm thinking about taking a look at some of the games that I'm looking forward to when we enter the big 09 (not sure why it's big, just feels like it will be). 

So I leave you with the very special REMI GAILLARD dressed as a Kangaroo (because we all think of Kangeroo's at Christmas Time right??)

So for now I honestly wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a BLOODY GOOD TIME!!!

Merry Christmas, from the TrueEnglishGent (Joseph Bayliss).
10% Less Humbug Now.
10% Less Humbug Now.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

TWAS THE QUICK BLOG BEFORE CHRISTMAS.... AND I'M STILL A BIT OF A HUMBUG!

Hello Merry Readers,

I hope this Blog before Christmas finds you Merrier then I, yes I'm still in a bit of a humbug mood today. In fact I've been somewhat of a humbug all week and I promise not to bring you down to much in this quick blog. I wanted to get a blog out before Christmas night incase Santa decided to shoot me with his pistol because I've been such a total moaning git this past week. I don't want to be, that's for sure. But it's all the crap that comes with Christmas that gets me down, now I shall admit  I love some Christmas TV. I watched some brilliant 'brand new' Ras C Nesbitt last night (A scottish comedy that was huge back in the 90's) and theres even some new Shooting Stars hitting our televisions after Christmas. Well that's actually it to be honest, I'm not a huge TV fan but I do love my comedies and there as been a treat of cheerful entertainment on my square box of dreams. 

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL VERY MERRY!

I honestly do, just because I'm in a moaning mood doesn't mean the World can't have a good old time with family and friends. I shall be spending the day (Christmas Day that is) with family to and I'm looking forward to seeing Baby Rosie for the first time since her birth. Sadly I already suspect I'm being planned to entertain her older sister Daisy for the day, so I'll be in some pain playing hide and seek and I do my best to get a few seconds of rest throughout the day. Spare a thought for me while I hide in the most unconfortable positions on this 'so-called' Merry day of joy. But I'm sure I'll eventually enjoy myself, Christmas is all about Family, and I hope  you my dear readers will be enjoying yours with your own families wherever you may be. This blog isn't about games as you'd probably guessed by now, but like most of you I have been busy enjoying a good few games recently and I intend to play more over the holiday. As usual I have been playing way to much Rock Band 2 again, I actually started dipping my feet into the Expert pool this last few days. Strangely I actually find the faster speed of expert to suit me better which is kind of odd. It's still very challenging so far and I'm taking it easy at the moment, I've been considering seeing if theres any bands out there willing to take me on but I'm not to sure if I'm good enough right now. I've also been playing some Prince of Persia which I have to say is a great game, I'm hoping to try and get that completed this holiday for a future review. 

I'm starting to talk about games and I promised myself I wouldn't in this blog, it's about Christmas and that fat man in a red suit Santa Claus himself. In fact I'm finding it quite hard to talk more about Christmas because what I have to say about it as been said a hundred times over and it would only bore you to death and you don't want that on Christmas Eve. So I'm not totally sure what to discuss in this blog, I'll keep this one short partly because I have to get around to cleaning the aquarium (or 'Super Jungle Underwater Goldfish Resort' as it is also known by). It's the home of my two Shunbunkin Goldfish Bert and Ernie named of course after the fantastic Sesame Street duo. So I have to get around to cleaning the tank, it is a little late to do so but I don't want it to dirty further over the Christmas period so I better get onto that. So for now this one will be short, makes a difference considering once I start writing (or typing whatever you want to call this) I can't usually stop until I have said all I want to say. But I felt it was only right to have a quick blog up before 'that fat man in a red suit' visits all the good boys and girls with presents that were bought from the Woolworth closing down sale.

So finally I wanted to mention that sometime this weekend hopefully I shall be putting up my very special 'TrueEnglishGent's Top Ten Games of 2008' list and I'm looking forward to doing so. I already have my top six set and ready, I shall admit to you dear reader that I'm very pleased with this years list. Especially my Top Game of 2008 which is indeed a special one and a game I suspect will be on many a gamers top ten list. There might even be some surprises in there to, who knows? But as I said, hopefully I'll get around to writing that this Christmas Weekend. I shall also be checking out other GiantBomb Users top ten lists this weekend like I mentioned in my past blog. So please mention them in the comments if you have your own very special list for folks to enjoy viewing. I won't shout out a Happy New Year just yet as I'm sure I'll get around to writing up a new blog before we enter the year 2009 and I'm thinking about taking a look at some of the games that I'm looking forward to when we enter the big 09 (not sure why it's big, just feels like it will be). 

So I leave you with the very special REMI GAILLARD dressed as a Kangaroo (because we all think of Kangeroo's at Christmas Time right??)

So for now I honestly wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a BLOODY GOOD TIME!!!

Merry Christmas, from the TrueEnglishGent (Joseph Bayliss).
10% Less Humbug Now.
10% Less Humbug Now.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

How about we pick up some guns of our own and bust a cap in that fat man's ass! ...Eh?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

And a bloody good time I will have... I wish you the very best and Merry Christmas... My True English Gent.