Rate the last movie you watched.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rashomon - 5/5

I've been gradually working through the big Kurosawa films and so far they're all fantastic. It turns out there's an American remake of Rashomon called The Outrage (a western, of course). It must not be very good as I've never heard of it mentioned alongside The Magnificent Seven or Fistful of Dollars as a quality Kurosawa remake. However, the cast includes William Shatner, Edward G. Robinson, and Paul Newman doing an over-the-top Mexican accent (judging from the trailer) so I may just see it for the crazy acting.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A L'Interior ("Inside") - 2/5

A French horror flick that's achieved some level of success. I'm not sure why. I thought it was pretty boring overall. It took itself very seriously, but had some outright ridiculous stuff happen closer to the end that despite (or perhaps because of) the mountains of gore was more funny than scary. Also, the reveal at the end was more like a "Whatever..." moment than a "Wow! I never saw that coming!!" one.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Aylaqruh:hurqalyA [Otherworld] - 9/10

Deeply symbolic animated wizardry with sacred imagery and alchemical allegories abound, set to audio from a live concert by what became of the instrumental side of Mr. Bungle after Mike Patton went off to be a gloryhound. If you either have a thing for idiosyncratic pseudo-biblical allegorical tales, stop motion animation involving goats or are generally a bit of a fruitcake, you'd probably enjoy this. Highly recommended.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Snowpiercer was all kinds of ridiculous and silly. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It left me with a, "Hmmph." rather than the elation and excitement I was hoping for. Visually, the film was fantastic. Where it broke was in the direction and characters, I just didn't like the flow or tone of the movie. It felt goofy as all fuck and that goofiness was a detriment to it.

riddles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her - 4/5. Put it on not believing i was about to watch a 2hr movie about a guy that falls in love with an artificial intelligence (that also happens to be his phone and computer operating system), and didn't feel bored once. Recommended.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

The Lego Movie

Bit of a slow start that made me wonder if I perhaps fell into the hype a bit, but once things started picking up, I was hooked. Kind of saw the little surprise coming, but not in the way that it was actually shown in the film. Really sweet film all around, I loved it.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1457  Edited By Marcsman

Frozen, it was awful. (Ok I lied but a 44 year old man who loved Frozen just seems odd)

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#1458  Edited By amafi

The Seagal classic marked for death. I was bored and I have netflix.
Terrible movie. Just awful in every way.

So, like 7/10 or something.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That reminds me that I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel last night. That was definitely a Wes Anderson Wes Anderson film.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Gravity

3/5

It's technically amazing and Sandra Bullock was really good in it. But the script is really bad. They try too hard, too often to be funny and it never worked. Not even once. The science behind it is pretty good for a movie but that makes it all the more hard to ignore when they get it wrong. For example, gravity (oddly enough) and inertia as concepts are ignored when the story requires them to be. Then there's the pace. It's a fast paced movie, which is good, but it also seems really brief. It seemed like it was over just as it started. Not because I enjoyed it so much. It just seemed brief. When I have that sort of reaction to a movie it's usually because that movie seems forgettable to me. Which is odd because of how technically impressive I found it. I think I would have liked it more in a 3D movie theater rather than my home but even then spectacle doesn't do a ton to impress me anymore. It needed a better script, more tension, more confidence to build a stronger atmosphere. It's a neat concept and, again, technically incredible and Sandra Bullock did really well but it just didn't come together.

Avatar image for master_live_013
Master_Live_013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently:

• Jaws: 8/10
  • Stand By Me: 7/10
  • Dawn of the Planets of the Apes: 6/10
  • August: Osage County: 7/10
  • Being John Malkovich: 7/10
  • Crazy, Stupid, Love.: 7/10
  • Monster: 6/10
  • Affliction: 7/10
  • Charlie Wilson's War: 6/10
  • From Russia With Love: 7/10 (Repeat viewing)
  • In the Bedroom: 7/10
  • The Lego Movie: 6/10 [Some good job along side many flat ones. And I gotta say, the Batman angle was like 1/3 as funny as I thought it would be.]
  • Dazed and Confused: 7/10
PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@extomar said:

That reminds me that I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel last night. That was definitely a Wes Anderson Wes Anderson film.

Yeah, it sure is. I really enjoyed it, and much more than most of his other movies. Rating wise, it gets a 4/5 from me. Great film, with really quirky humor and amazing cinematography.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched Alien again recently. Nothing to say that hasn't been said already. 5/5 best film in the series.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Loved it, amazing motion capture/cg work. There needs to be some Oscar category for that. They could call it the Serkis. 5/5

Guardians of the Galaxy. Go see it. Go. Now. 5/5

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians of the Galaxy, its fun it has a lot of good action scenes, characters you like, it has Dave Batista on it and he does a great job great movie. 5/5

Captain America The Winter Soldier: this is probably the best marvel movie out there, not only has my favorite comic book character the Winter Soldier it makes Black Widow and Falcon as important to the plot as Cap. Great plot and villans. 5/5

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians of the Galaxy, 5 Stars out of 5. Was a ton of fun. One of my friends I was with described it as "it's like Star Wars, but everyone is Han Solo." Not entirely accurate but I get what he meant and agree.

shirokumakun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1466  Edited By shirokumakun

Guardians of the Galaxy. 10/10

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@marcsman: Just curious as to why you think that is odd?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Guardians of the Galaxy, 4/5

Good Marvel film but some of the humor worked, some didn't... same with the retro throwbacks, the villains, and plot twists...

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

The Wolverine. 8/10 HELL of a lot better than Origins.

GerbilsInSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boyhood. I watched it over a week ago and still can't stop thinking about it. Great movie. Would not want to be anyone attempting a growing of age movie in the near future. 5/5, because 4/5 feels harsh.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1471  Edited By liquiddragon

Boyhood 4/5 good but not the revelation I was hoping it would be.

Alien 4/5 (1st time) quite good, nice pacing, memorable moments

Nymphomaniac Vol. I 4/5 well told, well acted, compelling story much better than von Trier's last 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Monster - 8 out of 10

I forgot how good this movie was and how great Charlize Theron's portrayal of Aileen Wuornos was. I know the joke is that Theron only won the Oscar because she made herself ugly but she fucking brings it and deserved every award she won for Monster. My only problem with the movie is they make Aileen too sympathetic and gloss over her troubles before the killings. It's no where near as heinous as how they portray Richard Kuklinski as a kind of anti-hero/family man in The Iceman by completely ignoring how he sadistically tortured quite a few of his victims before finally killing them.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I watched The Raid last night. It makes Dredd look like a movie for little babies. It takes a while for the first stabby-punchy fight to happen , but when that happens it moves at an incredible pace. Really, really great action sequences, even if I feel like I've seen similar stuff a bunch of times before.

Terrorvision.

Holy shit! What the fuck is this movie!?? Meat monsters from outer space, swinging parents, exploding alien heads, medusa ladies, melting grandads, 80's, more 80s, even more 80s, THE 80's. Metal! that meat monster-dog-thing coming through the television!. The song that plays over the start credits. You should probably watch this movie it's like the best thing ever... and the worst thing ever.

What / The fuck?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Guardians of the Galaxy. Rating: I am Groot.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Ninja III: The Domination

This may be the most '80s action movie I have ever seen. An aerobics instructor/telephone company employee with big hair gets possessed by the spirit of an evil ninja, and then she starts murdering the cops that were responsible for the ninja's death. Only wait! She's also fallen in love with one of those very same police officers. Also, she's played by an actress most notable for appearing in Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, and the movies all share the same director.

It's such a dumb, dumb low-budget movie that I cannot hate it. I give it 5 out of 5 golf balls crushed with a bare hand.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dream Home

7/10

Decent Hong Kong shock/splatter film. It crosses the line in entertainingly OTT ways, not unlike a Takashi Miike movie, but the actual storyline is extremely lazy satire that never really lands like it should. The comedy rarely worked either, although two scenes got a good chuckle out of me despite/because of their immensely fucked up nature.

If the kills/effects weren't so masterfully done, I'd rate this much lower. But despite all that, it's still good by the standards of the subgenre. It doesn't go so far as to become just a dull gallery of gore, and when it does amp up the bloodshed, outside of two particularly drawn out and fucked up kills during the first half, it's done in a humorous fashion.

Cky4890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enemy at the gates 9/10

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Guardians of the Galaxy - 5/5

Surpassed my expectations in every way.

virtualpolecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Treasure Planet 3/5 Probably will not watch it again, but I might as well watch all the Disney movies that I haven't seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - 1/10987

What a piece of shit. Jamie Foxx in particular is just fucking awful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ever since Superman vs. Batman teaser I've been hyped for comic films, so I decided to watch everything comic related.

Xmen 1- 2/5

X2- 3/5

X3- 2/5

Origins- 3/5 (I actually did like this one :)

1st class- 2/5

The Wolverine- 4/5

Days of Future Past- 3/5

Spider-man 1(Raimi)- 3/5

Spider-man 2- 5/5

Spider-man 3- 2/5(take venom out and everything related to him and it's a solid 4/5 imo).

The amazing Spiderman 1- 1/5

Captain America 1- 2/5

Cap 2- 4/5

Thor 1- 3/5(The guy that plays Thor is just charming as hell, he carries the film).

Thor 2- 1/5( awful everything and the first one build up a solid cast, idk what happen).

Iron Man 1- 3/5

Iron Man 2- 2/5

Iron Man 3- 3/5(idk why people hated it so much).

Superman(Donners) extended edition- 5/5

Superman 2- 4/5

Man Of Steel- 3/5

Batman(Burtons)- 4/5

Batman 2- 3/5(cat woman looks beautiful, that is all)

Batman begins- 4/5

The Dark Knight- 5/5

The Dark Knight Rises- 2/5

Probably the most badass comic films ever:

The Crow- 5/5

Blade- 4/5

Blade 2- 4/5

Almost forgot to add

Guardians of the Galaxy- 4/5 (felt it was star wars but with Han Solo as the lead. Just a blast of a movie from start to finish. Only draw back is the villain and how he's just very predictable).

So yeah lol, past week or so it's been all comic related.

MithrilMojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wolverine. 8/10 HELL of a lot better than Origins.

Definitely. Even on a rewatch I still enjoyed it more than that train wreck labeled 'Origins'.

Last film I watched was The Grand Budapest Hotel. Wonderful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Ever since Superman vs. Batman teaser I've been hyped for comic films, so I decided to watch everything comic related.

Xmen 1- 2/5

X2- 3/5

X3- 2/5

Origins- 3/5 (I actually did like this one :)

1st class- 2/5

The Wolverine- 4/5

Days of Future Past- 3/5

Spider-man 1(Raimi)- 3/5

Spider-man 2- 5/5

Spider-man 3- 2/5(take venom out and everything related to him and it's a solid 4/5 imo).

The amazing Spiderman 1- 1/5

Captain America 1- 2/5

Cap 2- 4/5

Thor 1- 3/5(The guy that plays Thor is just charming as hell, he carries the film).

Thor 2- 1/5( awful everything and the first one build up a solid cast, idk what happen).

Iron Man 1- 3/5

Iron Man 2- 2/5

Iron Man 3- 3/5(idk why people hated it so much).

Superman(Donners) extended edition- 5/5

Superman 2- 4/5

Man Of Steel- 3/5

Batman(Burtons)- 4/5

Batman 2- 3/5(cat woman looks beautiful, that is all)

Batman begins- 4/5

The Dark Knight- 5/5

The Dark Knight Rises- 2/5

Probably the most badass comic films ever:

The Crow- 5/5

Blade- 4/5

Blade 2- 4/5

Almost forgot to add

Guardians of the Galaxy- 4/5 (felt it was star wars but with Han Solo as the lead. Just a blast of a movie from start to finish. Only draw back is the villain and how he's just very predictable).

So yeah lol, past week or so it's been all comic related.

Did you watch all these movies at the same time? Surely you had to because this is the rate the last movie you watched thread and not a bunch of movies you watched over a period of time. I imagine you also had to pause the movies at certain times so they would all finish simultaneously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bartok: lmao, no I watched them all in about a week and half. I just have all of em so fresh in my mind that I couldn't help myself, but if I had to rate the last film I watched, it was The Crow. :)

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1485  Edited By btrdeadthanred

Lucy - 2/5

Absolute garbage, just.. Wow.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians of the Galaxy - 5 out of 5 Former WWE stars turned actors

DeepSpace9MM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#1487  Edited By DeepSpace9MM

I watched Noah the other day.

The first half is at least visually and conceptually interesting, but it loses all of its momentum in the last 45 minutes of the movie. As an Aronofsky fan, I'm glad I watched it but it's one of his weaker films.

I give it 2 new born babies held at knife point out of 5.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1488  Edited By Pezen

300: Rise of An Empire - 2/5 - As a fan of the first one, this was one huge bummer. I mean, it's not the worst piece of garbage out there, but it's all over the place and not at all living up to the expectations the original leaves behind. I'm just really disappointed.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1489  Edited By pr1mus

Manhunter. 2/5

Red Dragon. 4/5

Michael Mann is one of my favorite director but Manhunter is rough to watch today. It screams 1980s so loud with material that just doesn't lend itself at all to that style. And of course Brian Cox is very forgettable as Hannibal Lecter even if you don't think too much about how great Anthony Hopkins is in the same role.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians of the Galaxy: It follows the same Marvel formula plot-wise and yet it still embeds a sense of fun, excitement, and has enough charming characters to be worth full price at the theatre. Plus, it's a laugh riot to boot.

I give it 4 jackasses standing in a circle out of 5.

icybankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

American Psycho, a pure 2/10 because it made me laugh.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1492  Edited By TheHT

Pirates of the Caribbean - 5/5

Still awesome. Moves faster than I remember. The second was always my favourite though, I'll probably watch that tonight. Still, that Jack Sparrow introduction is fantastic.

Loading Video...

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#1493  Edited By lumley

I watched a few this weekend for the first time

• Star Trek (2009) - 4/5
  • Star Trek Into Darkness - 4/5
  • Captain America The Winter Solider - 5/5
CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Men in Black 3 - 3/5

It was ok but nothing amazing. Tommy Lee Jones is sure showing his age though. High definition is not doing him any favors.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Lucy. I give it 2/5...or 3/5...I dunno. I can't say I hated it, but it is without a doubt one of the dumbest movies I have seen in years. And not necessarily the good kind of stupid, either. But again, I did kind of like it...not sure why. It didn't even really have any action. Scarlett Johansson is easily the best thing about it. It's visually cool, as well. I love Luc Besson movies, even though his output in recent years hasn't been particularly good, but you can usually rely on him, as a director, to give you something nice to look at for awhile.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched Sphere. Holy shit is that movie stressful and confusing. It's psychological torture watching the second half. All in all, it gets 2/5 squids from me. Am I even here on this forum, or is it a manifestation of my fear? FUUUUUUCK.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Guardians of the Galaxy, easy 9/10 for me. Loved the tone and Batista was surprisingly good.

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched Noriko's Dinner Table last night. I'd say it was a 4/5.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Last Movie I watched in theaters: Guardians of the Galaxy, 5/5 , absolutely loved it now my second favorite marvel movie after Cap 2.

Last movie I watched at home: Hot Fuzz, 5/5, fantastic action comedy, I adore Timothy Dalton's purposeful scene chewing in this.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

@pezen: just saw this...all over the place, at least the 1st one had focus

@shapeofdespair: dope movie, liked it much better than suicide club