#1 Posted by BeachThunder (11281 posts) -

I thought I should get into watching TED talks, but I have no idea where to start. I'm probably most interested in science/psychology type stuff, but anything will do provided it's interesting.

#2 Posted by Nictel (2312 posts) -

If you hate school: http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

Paradox of choice: http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice.html

Bill Gates doesn't only do Microsoft: http://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates.html

#3 Posted by audioBusting (1321 posts) -

This one's a classic (not really TED but whatever)

#4 Edited by SerHulse (685 posts) -

Here are some good ones:

Actually that's quite a lot of good ones, if you are going to watch only one of them (you're a fool) watch the last one, they film light moving!

#5 Posted by Thoseposers (753 posts) -
#6 Edited by ShaggE (6010 posts) -

@serhulse: Oh man, bookmarking that hallucination one for later. That's directly in my fascination wheelhouse.

#7 Posted by LTSmash (562 posts) -
#8 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -
#9 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Great, an evening of struggling with a shitty video player of interesting videos.. Juuuust great :D

#10 Posted by djou (830 posts) -

It sounds dumb (like most Ted talks I've watched) but this one blew my mind. I learned how to tie my shoe the "right" way. Its only three minutes but it takes some balls to walk on stage as a grown man and lecture folks on how to tie their shoes.

#11 Posted by StarvingGamer (7586 posts) -

Here are a few that are relevant to our interests:

And a few others I recall enjoying

#12 Edited by StarvingGamer (7586 posts) -
@djou said:

It sounds dumb (like most Ted talks I've watched) but this one blew my mind. I learned how to tie my shoe the "right" way. Its only three minutes but it takes some balls to walk on stage as a grown man and lecture folks on how to tie their shoes.

It seems like your video link is broken. That said, I looked up the video and that's still the wrong way to tie your shoes since it's a four step process. You can do it in two steps and still have your bow oriented along the transverse axis.

#13 Edited by Akyho (1551 posts) -

The art of asking. By Amanda Palmer, Singer, Song writer, one half of the dresden dolls, Biggest musical Kickstarter porject funded aaaaaand the authors Neil Gaimans wife.

#14 Edited by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

This is one of my favorites, simply because it's amazing

#15 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

#16 Posted by ShaggE (6010 posts) -
#17 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4501 posts) -
#18 Edited by djou (830 posts) -

@starvinggamer: Sorry link fixed now. This is not meant to be facetious in any way but you should totally do a video explaining the best way. I've been using Terry Moore's method and the polyester shoelaces on my work boots have become untied a whole lot less. The public needs to be informed!

#19 Posted by Chaser324 (5988 posts) -

I really like this one about some interesting neuroscience stuff:

#20 Edited by Cronus42 (270 posts) -
#21 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -