Red Band trailers on TV?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

This may be a revelation to some people (like me), or something others see all the time... but I just saw a Red Band trailer for The Goods (with Jeremy Piven) about 10 minutes ago during the Bob Saget, That Ain't Right special.

I've never actually seen a Red Band trailer on TV before, and I thought they usually only play in previews in theaters.

Anyway, have other people seen these all the time or is this a first time you've seen it? I only ask because I didn't know if some weird law or regulation was passed allowing Red Band trailers on TV now.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

you're wrong

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@Napalm: What channel is this on? I recall there being a topless girl and the F-Bomb in that trailer so I'm highly doubting it was shown on normal TV.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm
@Chaser324 said:
" @Napalm: What channel is this on? I recall there being a topless girl and the F-Bomb in that trailer so I'm highly doubting it was shown on normal TV. "
it was on ComedyCentral during the Bob Saget special during 11 o'clock. It had the long-ass red restriction screen.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@Napalm: Comedy Central actually is the one channel it might be a possibility on, but I thought it would have to be later than that. They show unedited movies and stuff at times, but they typically don't start until 1AM. 11PM just seems a bit early for them to be dropping unedited red band trailers.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By Suicrat

Maybe the producers of the movie are backing Comedy Central's play to the point of covering any potential indecency fine that springs up as part of the cost of promoting the movie.

Also, it's about time advertisers grew some balls when it comes to censorship.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I've never seen a red band on TV  before.