Relocating to Phoenix, AZ; Apartment-Hunting Advice Needed!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b65f243818c0
deactivated-5b65f243818c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi guys, I've received an offer from my current employer to relocate to Phoenix, AZ (from Dallas, TX) for a raise and promotion, and I'm taking it. I'm planning a site visit out there middle of next week, and would greatly appreciate any advice from Phoenix locals as to good places to rent. I'm 28, single, will make between $50k and $60k a year. Suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! Thank you! Amanda
ConstantRa1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By ConstantRa1n

Most apartments in phoenix are fairly cheap. Making as much as you do, you'll have plenty of spare income to blow on video games. As far as apartments go, stick to the complex's with fences.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ConstantRa1n said:
" Most apartments in phoenix are fairly cheap. Making as much as you do, you'll have plenty of spare income to blow on video games. As far as apartments go, stick to the complex's with fences. "
Thank you :-D How do you feel about Scottsdale?
Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Choffy

Scottsdale is for the most part very expensive, and depending on where you'll be working, could be a bit of a commute.

Where is the job located?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's on East Camelback Road, near the Biltmore Golf Course, does that ring any bells? Is Scottsdale fairly close?

Avatar image for mustachioeugene
mustachioeugene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By mustachioeugene

I don't know anything about renting in Arizona, but having stayed in a live/work unit for a few months when I was doing a gig with the state tourism board, I can give one piece of advice;

Air Conditioning.
Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Choffy
@amandackrueger: Scottsdale is relatively close to there. Scottsdale is also the most expensive place in Arizona to live, though. I'd suggest thinking about a place in Tempe. It's a college town, so the prices are reasonable (to appease college students) and it's close. Plus, there's a lot more to do in Tempe than Scottsdale.

Though if you can afford Scottsdale, you won't find a nicer area to live.