#1 Edited by Asrahn (552 posts) -

Greetings Giantbomb!

Do you fellows remember kicking other bikers into oncoming vehicles? Whacking them over the head with a baton and laughing as you saw them tumble to the ground? Speeding so fast that your eyes struggled to follow the road and getting the cops on your arse?

Did you also do this in a videogame, inevitably sparing you a jail sentence? (Man, games are awesome)

Road Redemption is currently running into its last stretch on kickstarter, and I'm considering backing it. (

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkseasgames/road-redemption

for those interested). They've got some sweet looking backer rewards, and I'm personally pumped as hell from seeing the promo video. Something that's always made me a bit worried about kickstarter rewards however is the notion of precisely that - the rewards. If no one else can get a hold of a particular item after release, wouldn't that then make the game inherently imbalanced? Particularly as they plan on taking clan battles into online play, making it a rather organised deal. Have you experienced any of the sorts (imbalances, "OP" stuff etc) from playing crowdfunded projects with this setup?

#2 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Not to knock this Kickstater project, but I'd really love for Criterion to do a Road Rash re-imagining. Could not think of any outfit better suited for the task.

#3 Edited by GreggD (4475 posts) -

It's not gonna make it, and that makes me very sad.

#4 Edited by Asrahn (552 posts) -

@seppli:

Criterion would be great, alas, this is probably as close as we can get.

@greggd:

It is within your power to fight against that! : >

#5 Edited by GreggD (4475 posts) -

@asrahn: Dude, they have less than three days to raise a quarter of their total. They are not going to make it.

#6 Edited by Asrahn (552 posts) -

@greggd: We'll see. GODUS was lacking just about the same amount, and managed to close that in just 24 hours. It's amazing how the pace picks up by the end of many kickstarters.

I only pray it happens here too.

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I sort of skimmed the KS page but didn't really see anything. Why are they only asking $160k?

#8 Edited by Blannir (243 posts) -

This is the first I've heard of this project, shame they didn't do more to get the word out. Their goal is very reasonable and I would have loved to play a new Road Rash.

#9 Edited by GreggD (4475 posts) -
#11 Edited by Asrahn (552 posts) -
#12 Posted by GreggD (4475 posts) -

@asrahn: Really, they made their goal? Awesome!

#13 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

They need to change the name to something like Road Rash. Like Rode cRash

#14 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

I was so stoked to hear they made it! Even the creator of the original Road Rash wanted it made!

#15 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@greggd: Keep in mind, KS campaigns almost always get a huge push at the end.

#16 Edited by GreggD (4475 posts) -
@jams said:

They need to change the name to something like Road Rash. Like Rode cRash

Think of this as the Red Dead Redemption to Road Rash's Red Dead Revolver.

#17 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Love the gameplay concept, but man, get a new logo designer.