Sebastian Vettel Wins World Drivers' Championship!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel
Linky 

The dude is only 23, drives F1 cars for a living, and is now the youngest champion ever.    

For people who said he couldn't do it, they were wrong.  He's aggressive as hell, and doesn't take shit from anyone.   

But yeah, to those who watch F1, did you guys expect it?  It surprised me, even at his age...I wasn't expecting him to win until he hit his mid/late 20s. 

Oh, some random trivia...Vettel is one of the cover drivers for GT5, and does a lot of voice work for the game.  :P
falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

He deserved it. Alonso might have been the most consistent throughout the season, but Vettel was an unstoppable beast when his car didn't fail on him.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm super glad that Alonso didn't win it, but I wanted to see Mark Webber win.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By falconer
@MattyFTM: True. Things got pretty sketchy there with Red Bull and who they were backing 100% (I hate that about F1...). Hopefully he gets a better shot next year.
hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By hero_swe

You moron, have a less spoilerfilled topic name next time.
XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By XenoNick

Congrats to Vettel. Was an amazing race. Nice to see the last three driver champions in the top three. Couldn't help but laugh at Alonso.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Raymayne

Kudos to Petrov.

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By megasoum

/$/?&$%?$%?$/?$?/$?/$?%/$ Fucking Internet.....This is the last place I was expecting to get spoiled...I still have 30min to go on the race download before I can start watching......oh well.... There goes my day.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By falconer

Early bird doesn't fail. OH BURN!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@KaosAngel said:
Oh, some random trivia...Vettel is one of the cover drivers for GT5, and does a lot of voice work for the game.  :P "
Kaos, with you anything relating to GT5 is not random.
DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By DaSoul

Wasn't really a huge suprise to me,but i was still hoping for a Mclaren miracle.Super glad Alonso didn't win it too,i despise him.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thehexeditor

i'd go gay for sebastian vettel

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BrickRoad

I wanted to see Mark win it, if Hamilton couldn't - which with all the main guys scoring points wasn't going to happen. Seb crashed into Jenson, and into his own team mate in Turkey, yet has got away with it. Alonso made far too many errors and was given a win, so I didn't really want to see him win it, either. Jenson has made few errors this year and been on the end of some shunts, but his qualifying pace proved to be too slow to keep him in it, that and the McLarens fundimental lack of pace in the middle of the season. Was I expecting Vettle to win? No, actually. I was sure Alonso would pick it up. But well done to Vettle, he drove flawlessly in the last few races. A flawless racer he is not, though.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Berserker976
@BrickRoad: It's still pretty unclear whether Vettel hit Mark or Mark hit Vettel in Turkey, besides, I just really like Vettels personality because it contrasts so starkly with the stoicism of most of the other guys. 

Edit: also, I agree that the title of this thread is unnecessarily spoilerific, as much as I love to see F1 getting some attention here.
Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mrskidders

I see you slipped in the obligatory reference to GT5.  Zzzzz.

Dujun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dujun

Thanks a lot, asshole!

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BrickRoad
@Berserker976: I feel it was Seb's fault. He had no business overtaking where he did, it was never going to work. He was flying at the time though, should've just waited for a better moment. I have no idea what he's like off of camera, but on camera he seems like he'll be a good world champion. Even if he did suggest Mark was a psycho after their crash.
mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mnzy

Really happy with him winning it all. It's nice to see so many german drivers in there. And I don't like Alonso very much.
But this race also showed the big flaw of F1 racing and why I pretty much stopped watching years ago: there are no overtakes in this. Alonso couldn't get passed Petrov eventhough he could go way faster.
I'll stay at MotoGP :>

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ape_dosmil
@mnzy said:
"this race also showed the big flaw of F1 racing and why I pretty much stopped watching years ago: there are no overtakes in this. Alonso couldn't get passed Petrov eventhough he could go way faster."
Agreed. I haven't watched a full race all season but I figured I would watch today's race on the basis that it would have to be exciting with the potential that any of four drivers could still win the championship on the back of this one race. I thought I was bound to see drivers taking some crazy risks and making desperate over-taking manoeuvres. As it turned out it was mostly a snooze-fest.
Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Colin
@ape_dosmil said:
" @mnzy said:
"this race also showed the big flaw of F1 racing and why I pretty much stopped watching years ago: there are no overtakes in this. Alonso couldn't get passed Petrov eventhough he could go way faster."
Agreed. I haven't watched a full race all season but I figured I would watch today's race on the basis that it would have to be exciting with the potential that any of four drivers could still win the championship on the back of this one race. I thought I was bound to see drivers taking some crazy risks and making desperate over-taking manoeuvres. As it turned out it was mostly a snooze-fest. "
Well you missed out in one of the best seasons in a long time, the last race was a bit meh but the rest were great, don't judge a season by one race.
falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By falconer
@Colin said:
" @ape_dosmil said:
" @mnzy said:
Agreed. I haven't watched a full race all season but I figured I would watch today's race on the basis that it would have to be exciting with the potential that any of four drivers could still win the championship on the back of this one race. I thought I was bound to see drivers taking some crazy risks and making desperate over-taking manoeuvres. As it turned out it was mostly a snooze-fest. "
Well you missed out in one of the best seasons in a long time, the last race was a bit meh but the rest were great, don't judge a season by one race. "
I too think that it was a pretty exciting season. Though I was surprised that Alonso more or less did nothing this last race...
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By FrankCanada97
@ShaggyChu said:
" @Colin said:
" @ape_dosmil said:
" @mnzy said:
Well you missed out in one of the best seasons in a long time, the last race was a bit meh but the rest were great, don't judge a season by one race. "
I too think that it was a pretty exciting season. Though I was surprised that Alonso more or less did nothing this last race... "
Abu Dhabi should not have been the season finale or any Tilke-designed course for that matter.
Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Colin
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @ShaggyChu said:
" @Colin said:
" @ape_dosmil said:
" @mnzy said:
I too think that it was a pretty exciting season. Though I was surprised that Alonso more or less did nothing this last race... "
Abu Dhabi should not have been the season finale or any Tilke-designed course for that matter. "
True, Abu Dhabi is a nice looking track but the actual racingon it is complete piss, Spa would be sick track for the finale.
metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By metal_mills

Poor Mark Webber. :(

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By KaosAngel
@Colin said:
" True, Abu Dhabi is a nice looking track but the actual racingon it is complete piss, Spa would be sick track for the finale. "
SPA should always be the final track.  Damn Arabs paying off the organization.  SPA would be the best test of skills and talent, but alas....if there was SPA, Vettel might not have won.
intoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By intoblivion

Congrats to Seb, he deserves it, however I still think there more car in that team than driver.

kazanma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kazanma
@KaosAngel: Please don't spoil recent stuff like this, it really kills all interest and excitement for those who are still waiting to watch the event. :(    
mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mnzy

:D