Short Movie Review, Gran Torino.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

So I finally got the chance to watch this movie, I had high hopes for it going into it, Clint is a well known and great actor, I wasn`t really sure what to expect in the movie plot wise, I had kind of guessed the whole, gangster wanna be punks picking on someone and Clint comes to save the day and I was sort of right, but damn was this one well made movie.
Clint plays a character by the name Walt Kowalski, a noticeably grumpy old man who has recently lost his wife and is dealing with family issues as well as his new neighbours, while gangsters seem to being a growing trend around his neighbourhood.

The movie progresses at a perfect rate just enough to get to the know the characters and to feel like you know them, Mr.Eastwood also does a wonderful job as director and actor while laying out the characters and plot. As I said I went into this with high hopes and I came out of it thinking, holy shit what a great god damn movie. It`s a little sad this could be Clint's last movie as he has proved himself he is still a bad ass mother fucker at the age of 78(I think)

But to anyone who has thought about watching this movie or thinking about watching any movie, I highly recommend giving this one a shot.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I finally got the chance to watch this movie, I had high hopes for it going into it, Clint is a well known and great actor, I wasn`t really sure what to expect in the movie plot wise, I had kind of guessed the whole, gangster wanna be punks picking on someone and Clint comes to save the day and I was sort of right, but damn was this one well made movie.
Clint plays a character by the name Walt Kowalski, a noticeably grumpy old man who has recently lost his wife and is dealing with family issues as well as his new neighbours, while gangsters seem to being a growing trend around his neighbourhood.

The movie progresses at a perfect rate just enough to get to the know the characters and to feel like you know them, Mr.Eastwood also does a wonderful job as director and actor while laying out the characters and plot. As I said I went into this with high hopes and I came out of it thinking, holy shit what a great god damn movie. It`s a little sad this could be Clint's last movie as he has proved himself he is still a bad ass mother fucker at the age of 78(I think)

But to anyone who has thought about watching this movie or thinking about watching any movie, I highly recommend giving this one a shot.

No Caption Provided

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By granderojo

I wanted to rent this on blueray, netflix says they are unavailable ATM, definitely going towards the top of my list, I hear he defends his Asian neighbors while being a bigot at the same time.  Definetly watching this.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero
thabigred said:
"I wanted to rent this on blueray, netflix says they are unavailable ATM, definitely going towards the top of my list, I hear he defends his Asian neighbors while being a bigot at the same time.  Definetly watching this."
Dude, it's still in theaters. Slow down there, bucko.

Anyway, I can't wait to see Gran Torino. It's probably the next movie I'll see in theaters.
miningguyx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By miningguyx360

This movie is beast

went the weekend it came out, holy shit was this movie good
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JoelTGM

Great movie.  Clint Eastwood did some damn good acting there, what a character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah man, awesome movie, I watched it again recently and it was like I just watched it again for the first time.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead

I can't wait to go and see this at some point this week. I've already seen it 3 times when I downloaded a screener before Christmas but as it's Eastwood's last film, I feel like I have to see it in the cinema.