Should i cut the older games some slack?

• 58 results
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By buzz_clik
@KaosAngel said:
" Yo guy, I worked hard to get to where I am today.  If I was an idiot I wouldn't have gotten into this industry with them willing to pay for law school.  I have stressful days, hence I come here to let it out.  When you're working with a boat load of money and when you know one mess up is your head, you'll understand. "
*slow clap* Bravo.
ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By ki11tank

you gotta try and put the games in their time and compare them to what was out at time for all aspects, story, graphics, sound, game play..

i don't care much for old old games but it shouldn't be hard to do, you'd be retarded to measure them against today's standards.

just think of the budgets they used to have...

Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By ApertureSilence
@KaosAngel: Don't be so hard on yourself. Using a mouse hardly constitutes cheating in any game.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I'm in the "games don't age" crowd (not much of a crowd, actually). Your perspective might change, but the games don't. Mega Man was a hard son of a bitch then and it's a hard son of a bitch now. If in a particular game you can't appreciate the graphics or the game mechanics or the story, it doesn't have anything to do with the age of the game and everything to do with who you are and what the game is. 

To answer you're question, no. I don't think you should cut some slack for older games in reviews. If the game does something stupid, it was just as stupid then and you were just too young to realize it (or whatever). However, if you find that you can't appreciate any older games, I might suggest you take a look at what you are trying to get out of them.

Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Siris

Sounds like you need to work on your reviewing style if you think games might need to be cut slack in order for them to be reviewed... Megaman X is a classic, if you weren't around to enjoy it when it came out, then yeah its going to be a lot different playing it nowadays, but that game is still solid and very enjoyable - even by today's weakened standards.

P.S. There is no Halo generation.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By RetroIce4

Yes. Because I like holding the present expectations for games now for things of the past. Most old games I play are for Nostalgia trips.

crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By crystalskull2

Rate them on how well they have aged.

Avatar image for randominternetperson
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points