Should I get Little Big Planet or Killzone 2 for Christmas?

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By aaox
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Evilsbane

Both. :D

I personally thought Killzone 2 while very nice to look at wasn't that great, the story was bleh the characters were bleh and the campaign was super short.

And I have yet to play LBP mainly because I don't see the charm I like watching videos of people making neat levels but none of it has any substance.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Griddler

Well they're completely different so that depends on your taste.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Cerza

I vote for LBP. It's so charming and cute and the level maker and online user made levels extend the life of the game way beyond that of most other games today. Killzone 2 was good, but the main draw and fun in it is the multiplayer, which gets old after a while.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By aaox
@girdz: So say I wanted a shooter, but I have loads of those. Does Killzone 2 stand out as a shooter, or is the main selling point the graphics? And Little Big Planet is supposed to be a fun game, but it relies on the community. Is the community still going? And is it as old as Jeff said it was on the Quick Look they did? And I can only get one, so I have to make a choice soon.
AshleyBTB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By AshleyBTB

They are so different.  Do u want to shoot things or have fun exploring and/or building creative levels?
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JJOR64

I vote Little Big Planet.  I had more fun with it then Killzone 2.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Evilsbane
@Aaox: Its the graphics nothing else about it really stands out its fun don't get me wrong but it has a huge "Rent Me" sign on it.
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By halberdierv2
@Aaox:  its a good shooter, with the online very solid. the only drawback is the bleh story.
septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By septim

I would go with LBP. Killzone's big selling point is the visuals. They are impressive at first but the bland pallete and repetitive locations will wear on you. The gameplay always felt a bit wonky to me. The cover stuff was iffy at best and I had to fiddle with the sensitivity endlessly in order to get some approximation of COD-style. The less said about the story or "characters" the better. LBP has a lot of charm and will probably be a welcome change from the big blockbuster games you've most likely been playing.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aaox

Right, thanks guys. I'm probably going to go with Little Big Planet. 
@septim said:

"... will probably be a welcome change from the big blockbuster games you've most likely been playing. "  
Why did I find that remark so scathing? But yeah, you're right...
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Steve_C

LittleBigPlanet seems more fitting. It will keep you smiling through the holiday. Maybe they'll put back up the downloadable santa costume to make things even more festive.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Luke
@Aaox: I got bored of Killzone 2 after about a week.  The online is really gewd, but not really better than any other shooter. 

LBP is sick if you have friends (or a girlfriend) to play with, especially after Monday's Patch.  If not, it's still fine, but get some friends to play with :) 
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Diamond

LBP really fits the season.  Just played some good new user levels just last night.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#15  Edited By EpicSteve
@Luke said:
" @Aaox: I got bored of Killzone 2 after about a week.  The online is really gewd, but not really better than any other shooter.    LBP is sick if you have friends (or a girlfriend) to play with, especially after Monday's Patch.  If not, it's still fine, but get some friends to play with :)  "
What's going on Monday?
aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By aaox
@Luke: So what you're really saying is that I need a girlfriend, right?
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Killzone 2 is not fun at all.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By Cube

Killzone 2. Got bored of LBP real fast.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Luke
@Aaox: Games/girlfriend/both, whatever, they're all interchangeable, for the most part  :p  

Lol, seriously though, I was just speaking from experiences with LBP.  My girlfriend and I love playing it together.  It's a great relationship strengthener, if I do say so myself... if you're into that kinda thing.   

@EpicSteve: Monday already happened like 3 or 4 days ago.  They added Online Create Mode! 
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By KaosAngel

リトルビッグプラネット  

/ツレド  

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By aaox
@KaosAngel: Little Big planet, huh? Looks like a consensus to me. 
@Luke: Sure, I can see that. Now I just need to GET ME ONE (insert Tear drop face).
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KaosAngel

As long as you're not playing with dicks it's alright, by dicks I mean random ones and not friends.  When friends dick around with you it's okay but it sucks a lot online cause people kill you on purpose and shit. 

God damn I hate dicks on LBP. 

Bunch of bitches and whores.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By penguindust

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd go either way.  Killzone 2 is okay but it's just another FPS.  If you've already played Modern Warfare 2, don't bother going back for Killzone 2.  If there is a plus to the game however it's that the campaign is a decent length.  About as long as any of the Halos or longer than either Resistance.  My experience with LBP was admittedly limited.  Frankly I got bored with the game quickly.  I never spent much time searching around for the best fan-made levels, so maybe there is something in that.  All I know is that I was terribly disappointed in the game.   If I had to choose though, I'd pick LBP because maybe you'd find more value in it than I have.  Killzone 2 is just Killzone 2...played one FPS made in the last 5 years, played this one already, too.

Vance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Vance_Helsing

These are two completely different games, so it all depends on whether you're into shooters or platformers. I think that if you really like making & creating levels (and you have four controllers & three other friends who'll hang with you), LittleBigPlanet is definitely worth your time, plus you'll get a ton of replay value from the game.

But..Killzone 2 is one of my favorite games this year. Yes it's "just a shooter", but IMO it's the most satisfying (and best looking) shooter I've played in years. The multiplayer is addictive has hell. I just think I'm enamored with this game because I really don't like any of the Call of Duty titles. But if you're looking for a solid shooter for the PS3, you honestly can't go wrong with Killzone.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Little Big Planet if you are the creative type who wants to try and make platforming levels. Killzone 2 if you like shooting dudes in the face.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KaosAngel
@InfiniteGeass: Why get Killzone 2 if you got MW2?  Dude you can frickin' kill people in an airport and laugh about it like the Joker.  LittleBigPlanet, you can make penises and simulate sex.  hehe.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RetroIce4

Little Big Planet. The creativity is what appeals me to that game. Multiplayer is pretty awesome too.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@KaosAngel said:

" @InfiniteGeass: Why get Killzone 2 if you got MW2?  Dude you can frickin' kill people in an airport and laugh about it like the Joker.  LittleBigPlanet, you can make penises and simulate sex.  hehe. "

Grow up.

It's not funny. Never was, never will be.
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pwnasaurus

i say killzone 2 lots of fun
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By spankingaddict

LBP, nuff said

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#31  Edited By beargirl1

both. Killzone 2 is a great online shooter and LBP is endless fun when you have friends. while I don't play Killzone 2 online as much as I should, i really enjoy it when I do. 

Guexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By Guexx

I go for Killzone 2 since i love online FPS.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pause422

LBP is far superior to KZ2.

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JammyJesus

LBP, Killzone 2 is very dull.
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By tebbit

Having played a LOT of both, they are both awesome, however LBP makes me happy, so i'd go for that. However (ASIDE FROM THE STORY) Killzone 2 is still great, and different enough from other shooters that it's worth at least a look.