Skullcandy Inkd or Smokin Buds?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Im trying to decide between the Skullcandy INKd in ear buds or the Skullcandy Smokin buds. The smokin buds are 20 bucks, and the inkd buds are 10. The smokin buds have a Frequency range of 18 -20 KHZ, the inkd ones have 20 -20kHZ. also, the smokin buds have a volume slider on the cord, but I dont care about that. Im just trying to find which has the ebtter sound.   

This is the INKd buds http://www.amazon.com/Skull-Candy-S2INBT-FZ-Skullcandy-Earbuds/dp/B000Q74102  

and these are the smokin buds:   http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Smokin-Buds-Stereo-Earbuds/dp/B0015MPJ6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258402329&sr=1-2    
tineyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By tineyoghurt

How about some Koss

I've had two pairs of these, and I've loved both of them. They are a bit weird to put in though. Also, both of them have died on me, so you might have to use that limited lifetime warranty.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ZmillA

Or you could, you know...get good earbuds...

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By End_Boss

I've owned both of those at some point or other (I go through a lot of earbuds), and I have to say the differences between them are mostly aesthetic. With that in mind, I'd go for the Smokin' ones.
'Cause they're smokin'.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

Neither. Skullcandy are fucking worthless.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Skullcandy are just for looks, I bought a pair of Monster Turbines, there fucking awesome.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seedofpower

Get a headset? Wait is this for gaming or just walking around town?

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Xeiphyer

Those new lady gaga ones, I'm gaga for them. Not really. They are like triangles or something..

How about those Jay Z ones?!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

If your a pot head or have pot head friends go with the smoking buds because it is a weed reference and it will make you/them lol the next time you/they get high.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword
@End_Boss:

did you notice the INKd buds being overly loud? my freind has those and he says he has to keep his stuff at about the halfway point on volume because its too loud.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Akeldama

skullcandy is for fags who put the way their earphones look over the way they perform.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463 said:
" If your a pot head or have pot head friends go with the smoking buds because it is a weed reference and it will make you/them lol the next time you/they get high. "
yup, this is the logic to go with
71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By 71Ranchero

If you are concerned enough about how good they sound then why are you even getting ear buds? Get some proper headphones. 

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Gunner
@Atramentous: Because it isn't practical or wise to wear giant headphones at work or school. 

I got the inked ones as a gift and they lasted me a good 6 months, pretty good quality too.
LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LaszloKovacs

Buy something from Koss or some Sennies:

They're pretty cheap on Amazon.

Anything from Skullcandy is going to sound awful and look gaudy. They cost too much for the sound quality you get from them.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

i like inkds, but I have low riders and GIs... also these things can be huge pieces of crap. Treat them well

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 71Ranchero
@Gunner said:
" @Atramentous: Because it isn't practical or wise to wear giant headphones at work or school.   I got the inked ones as a gift and they lasted me a good 6 months, pretty good quality too. "
Its not the 70's. You dont need GIANT headphones to get good sound. You can go to the store and get any random Sony headphones and they will sound better the ear buds. Ear buds are just what they give you for free when you buy gadgets because they are too cheap to give you grownup equipment. 

No Caption Provided
I have had a pair of these for mp3 players and the like(when I cant walk around with an actual good set of stereo headphones) for over 8 years. I still use them every day and they sound nearly as good as they did when I bought them.
LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LaszloKovacs
@Atramentous: 

Good earbuds sound better than most headphones. They give you much better low-end response and, by virtue of being jammed in your ear canal, they give you more clarity and insulation.

Pack-ins are shitty regardless of what form they are, but you can get earbuds that sound better than some reference headsets (Shure makes a couple models, but they cost as much as reference equipment).
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ravensword

Im also not srue which Ear cup size I am. They have Small, Medium and Large. Im either a medium or large. I dont think I have big ears.
71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 71Ranchero
@LaszloKovacs said:
" @Atramentous:   Good earbuds sound better than most headphones. They give you much better low-end response and, by virtue of being jammed in your ear canal, they give you more clarity and insulation.  Pack-ins are shitty regardless of what form they are, but you can get earbuds that sound better than some reference headsets (Shure makes a couple models, but they cost as much as reference equipment). "
As an audiophile with dozens and dozens of headphones and ear buds lying around  I can not agree with that any less. Maybe it depends on the music style you are listening too, But I have never had any ear buds that even came close to sounding as good as an old fashion ear cup design. There is no way in hell that you could get the same range out of those and good luck if you want any bass.
goth_bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By goth_bacon

I got the Ink'd.  STAY AWAY!

They are horrible and overpriced just because it's 'cool.'  The sound quality is decent but you can't hear any outside noise which is kinda annoying.  Whenever the wire touches anything the sound conducts to your ear.  This is extremely annoying.  And my biggest problem is that it won't even stay in my ear.  Sometimes it decides to pop out on its own.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FCKSNAP

All Skullcandy earbuds I've bought hurt like crap and have crappy duration. Just my 2 cents.

Postromo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Postromo

smokin' buds sounds like a marijuana reference, so that one.

Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Juvarial

SkullCandy is bad-They EQ all there shit to "Sound better" 
I DJ so it makes my ears cry hearing anything just amping stuff so poorly. Thats why they hurt your ears - If you want good quality cheap headphones get these-They have served me DJing though about 30 pairs-No joke- http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V150-Monitor-Headphones-Reversible/dp/B000092YPR 
Dirt cheap, light weight and sound amazing-They break after you drop a road case or a turntable on them half drunk after a rave - Thats killed 6 pairs-but there bomb as hell 
-Cheers

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LaszloKovacs
@Atramentous: 

To be fair, the earbuds I'm referring to cost upwards of $500. They are not the sort of thing normal people (or even normal enthusiasts) buy, but one of my friends bought a pair a couple of years ago.

I think it's silly to go over $100 for a portable setup anyway unless you've got something that can play FLAC (or you're really into headphones that accurately render compression hiss), and I think you can find nice earbuds in that range that are comparable to a reasonable headset. It's obviously a matter of taste / personal tolerance but that's my two cents.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RetroIce4

Go with Ink'd. Smokin Buds suck. I had mine for 5 days and the rubber broke and only one side worked. Super cheap.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ahriman22

How about not Skullfucks?

Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Juvarial
@ahriman22: Thanks for starting my day today with a decent laugh : )
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By turbomonkey138

Neither . Every pair of skull candy headphones either broke or were really uncomfortable . Get a good pair of headphones

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#30  Edited By Soap

Skull Candy stuff is all about the look, they are really uncomfortable, have awful sound quality and break after a short time.

You should get some proper headphones

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

None.

I will poop on the choices.

Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pantalooney

I would suggest not getting Skullcandys, i bought a couple of pairs, 2 smokking buds, 1 Inkd and 1 Full Metal Jacket and they all broke. 
If you had to choose between the 2, i would choose the smoking buds because my pair of Inkd broke in like a week.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jNerd
@Bucketdeth said:
"Skullcandy are just for looks, I bought a pair of Monster Turbines, there fucking awesome. "

Bro.... you've inspired me, lol. I went through like 3 pairs of SkullCandy in a week trying to find a good pair.  
I ended up returning them all....... I'm going to buy Monster Turbines!