So I Finally Heard "Straight Outta Compton" today...

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By GreggD

...And it was pretty good. Just thought I'd share that with everyone. Anyone else have a really famous song they've never heard?

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By bjorno

bodies getting hauled off, I've got a sawed off.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

Welcome to the 1980's.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TheKidNixon

It is strange going back and listening to NWA today. What with violent rap music having being saturated and marketed to a point of being self-parody, its hard to fully wrap your head around how completely left-field and unexpected Straight Outta Compton (the album and the song) was. It was a watershed moment not just for rap, but for music. And its still pretty phenomenal.

kboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kboy

Straight outta Compton is a brotha that'll smotha ya motha and make ya sister think i love her.

Dangerous mothafucka raisin' hell.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187
@TheKidNixon said:
" It is strange going back and listening to NWA today. What with violent rap music having being saturated and marketed to a point of being self-parody, its hard to fully wrap your head around how completely left-field and unexpected Straight Outta Compton (the album and the song) was. It was a watershed moment not just for rap, but for music. And its still pretty phenomenal. "
By the standards of the whole East/West rivalry of yesteryear, there's nothing new coming out that even compares to the early '90s in terms of violence.  Why?  Because they were dead fucking serious about their violence.  Nowadays, with 50 Cent and shit, it's just stupid mindless bullshit.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RetroIce4
@jakob187 said:
"
@TheKidNixon said:
" It is strange going back and listening to NWA today. What with violent rap music having being saturated and marketed to a point of being self-parody, its hard to fully wrap your head around how completely left-field and unexpected Straight Outta Compton (the album and the song) was. It was a watershed moment not just for rap, but for music. And its still pretty phenomenal. "
By the standards of the whole East/West rivalry of yesteryear, there's nothing new coming out that even compares to the early '90s in terms of violence.  Why?  Because they were dead fucking serious about their violence.  Nowadays, with 50 Cent and shit, it's just stupid mindless bullshit.
"
Yeah but only one member had any criminal record on himself. Great album, but still didn't mean that they were serious. He does have a point.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By buzz_clik

That's cool that you heard it, but you should hear the song that NWA totally ripped it from... Straight Outta Locash by CB4, yo!

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Illmatic

Being a solely Hip-Hop listening man, I heard Led Zeppelin for the first time a few months ago. Was blown away.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GreggD
@Illmatic said:
" Being a solely Hip-Hop listening man, I heard Led Zeppelin for the first time a few months ago. Was blown away. "
Not a big fan of Zeppelin, personally. Love The Who and Sabbath, though. I don't just listen to punk rock. No, that's not me at all...
@buzz_clik said:
" That's cool that you heard it, but you should hear the song that NWA totally ripped it from... Straight Outta Locash by CB4, yo! "
"The first time I heard Sweat On My Balls, I was with my first black woman, and there was, in fact, sweat on my balls." Sorry, I had to quote it.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By jakob187
@GreggD said:
"@Illmatic said: 
" Being a solely Hip-Hop listening man, I heard Led Zeppelin for the first time a few months ago. Was blown away. "
Not a big fan of Zeppelin, personally. Love The Who and Sabbath, though. I don't just listen to punk rock. No, that's not me at all..."
ZEP...PUNK ROCK?!  Sir...no.  Just...just....no.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By CoolDrMoney
@jakob187 said:
"
@GreggD said:
"@Illmatic said: 
Not a big fan of Zeppelin, personally. Love The Who and Sabbath, though. I don't just listen to punk rock. No, that's not me at all..."
"
I think you need to re-read the sentence.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By fr0br0
@Illmatic said:
I've still never heard "Stairway to Heaven."
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By penguindust
@Fr0Br0:

Dude, get yourself in a beanbag chair, put on a pair of oversized head phones and listen to "Zeppelin 4"! 

And, while you are there listen to the Doors "LA Woman", "Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GreggD
@jakob187 said:
"
@GreggD said:
"@Illmatic said: 
"
And, so it begins...
ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By ishotmrburns
@PenguinDust said:
"Dude, get yourself in a beanbag chair, put on a pair of oversized head phones and listen to "Zeppelin 4"! "
A-fucking-men!

Every baby should be born to Zeppelin.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Black_Rose
@GreggD said:
" Not a big fan of Zeppelin, personally. Love The Who and Sabbath, though. I don't just listen to punk rock. No, that's not me at all..."
Dude...no....just...no
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GreggD
@Black_Rose said:
"
@GreggD said:
" Not a big fan of Zeppelin, personally. Love The Who and Sabbath, though. I don't just listen to punk rock. No, that's not me at all..."
Dude...no....just...no "
It's called personal preference, my friend. And you're entitled to your opinion, as well, so I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong.
Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Nasar7
@kboy:  
" Straight outta Compton is a brotha that'll smotha ya motha and make ya sister think i love her.

Dangerous mothafucka raisin' hell. "
And if I ever got caught I make bail. See I dont give a f*ck, that's the problem. I see a motherf*cking cop I don't dodge them. 
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By toowalrus

East and West are friends now. Police officers are also our friends.