Posted by JustPlainLucas (31 posts) -

First time revisiting GB since the two sites moved into the same office building a few months back. I'm toying with the idea of making this website my new "home", as I'm a little peeved (well, actually greatly peeved with the lack of initiative to really do anything about it) at their constant bone-headed "upgrades" that break more things wrong with the site than they fix or improve. The community's slowing dying off, and it seems every other day I'm seeing a new blog from a veteran saying they're leaving primarily because of the new comment system. I haven't posted regularly in their forums for some time, and I think their total revamp of their Terms of Service (although at first, it was promising) was an over-corrected reaction to the number of people complaining about the strictness of the moderation. To be honest, I'm just not much of a forum poster in general anymore.

So why do I stick with GS? I still enjoy posting user reviews, but I've noticed you can do that here as well.. Maybe I'm thinking of a weekend project where I migrate my GS user reviews here? Hmm.. maybe continue my blogs here instead and hope the community is a little more respondent to my ... musings, I guess? We'll see... Plus, my favorite reviewers Jeff and Alex are here! G.S. ... Growing Stale? Maybe... it's hard to leave a place you've called home for so many years, you know? But when "home" no longer feels welcome... why stay?

#1 Posted by JustPlainLucas (31 posts) -

First time revisiting GB since the two sites moved into the same office building a few months back. I'm toying with the idea of making this website my new "home", as I'm a little peeved (well, actually greatly peeved with the lack of initiative to really do anything about it) at their constant bone-headed "upgrades" that break more things wrong with the site than they fix or improve. The community's slowing dying off, and it seems every other day I'm seeing a new blog from a veteran saying they're leaving primarily because of the new comment system. I haven't posted regularly in their forums for some time, and I think their total revamp of their Terms of Service (although at first, it was promising) was an over-corrected reaction to the number of people complaining about the strictness of the moderation. To be honest, I'm just not much of a forum poster in general anymore.

So why do I stick with GS? I still enjoy posting user reviews, but I've noticed you can do that here as well.. Maybe I'm thinking of a weekend project where I migrate my GS user reviews here? Hmm.. maybe continue my blogs here instead and hope the community is a little more respondent to my ... musings, I guess? We'll see... Plus, my favorite reviewers Jeff and Alex are here! G.S. ... Growing Stale? Maybe... it's hard to leave a place you've called home for so many years, you know? But when "home" no longer feels welcome... why stay?

#2 Posted by JustPlainLucas (31 posts) -

Oops... just noticed this feature of GiantBomb. Didn't mean to associate it to the forums. Disregard if you don't wish to read. If you did read, then I guess feel free to comment. :P

#3 Posted by SSully (4169 posts) -

Greg isn't here, he's at super giant games. Besides that welcome to the site!

#4 Posted by JustPlainLucas (31 posts) -

@SSully: *facepalm* Jeff... Do'eth!

#5 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

So you're moving from GS to GB? Good on you. Game Spot's bloated and has a terrible user base from what I've seen. Giant Bomb's cozy, and we're all familiar with each other's genitals. You ever need a place to rest your head, they're right here. No homo... unless, you maybe..?

#6 Posted by Dexter_Morgan_ (314 posts) -

@Toxeia said:

So you're moving from GS to GB? Good on you. Game Spot's bloated and has a terrible user base from what I've seen. Giant Bomb's cozy, and we're all familiar with each other's genitals. You ever need a place to rest your head, they're right here. No homo... unless, you maybe..?

This is what you get for mentioning GS, OP. This is on you.

#7 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Toxeia's post is a fine example of the high standard of quality we here in the Giant Bomb community expect of you.

#8 Posted by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -

Who wants to swordfight?

#9 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Sword fight?

#10 Posted by JBG4 (411 posts) -

Just the tip... just for a second.

#11 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

welcome, JustPlainLucas, and GLHB :)

#12 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -
#13 Posted by Brendan (7778 posts) -

This has been a pretty good cross section of the community so far in this thread. Welcome to whatever this is, we have some good stuff and some not so good stuff here.

#14 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -