South Park Season 20 ending.

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattimus_prime

i just finished the season last night (i know its a bit late) and felt a little disappointed that there were so many loose ends, but then i remembered that the game comes out soon, do you think the plot of the show will directly tie into the game? the whole continuity thing they have done the past few seasons has been great in my opinion, but i never expected them to tie it directly into the fractured but whole. if that is the case then i will be very impressed if they can pull it off. what do you guys think?

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@mattimus_prime: I doubt it. With the way the show is produced episodes are done the week they air, that is how they are able to riff on current events immediately after they happen. The game on the other hand has had to have its story set for some time. Unless they can see the future and knew about all the election stuff and other current events years ago there is just no way for them to tie it together in a way that will make sense.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They dropped the ball hard on that season. Started off very promising but ended with very little resolved. Kinda hope they just forget about it altogether and start fresh next year.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything makes it into the game from this season I would say it might be the Member Berries, but that's probably about it. Not only do they have short writing spans as @meteora3255 pointed out, one of the episodes this season was re-written due to the outcome of the election so they had an even shorter amount of time to plan/write out parts of this season.

Even if they were still going week by week for the season that tied into The Stick of Truth, due to the nature of that season they were able to tie it into a game, they could have a general idea of how it would all end because it wasn't based on any sort of shifting political tone, it was just a GOT spoof on one hand and making fun of Black Friday stuff on the other hand. Nothing needed to dramatically change or shift course.

This season was different, this season was a direct conversation about the current political world, and with how far along the game is (or should be) there is no way they tie that together.
At most I would say there might be references, but not a direct continuation. They could have some real fun with Member Berries and old school gaming nostalgia, and they might be able to reference President Garrison.
Keep in mind it wouldn't be a smart move to alienate the t.v. only audience either. Whatever they set up on t.v. should be resolved on t.v. doing that in a game would be odd and divisive to the audience.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah, the season was weak. They repeated the same jokes every episode and the story went nowhere.

I'm certain they'll reference things from season 20 in the game but I wouldn't expect any major plot points.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@mattimus_prime: I doubt it. With the way the show is produced episodes are done the week they air, that is how they are able to riff on current events immediately after they happen. The game on the other hand has had to have its story set for some time. Unless they can see the future and knew about all the election stuff and other current events years ago there is just no way for them to tie it together in a way that will make sense.

To be fair, they did a trilogy for The Stick of Truth when that game was 'supposed' to come out. They had a good joke in there about it being delayed too.