rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

"Hey Rorie, why's this in off-topic?"

Because it's coming back as an ANIME.

For starters, Variety says that Netflix’s Splinter Cell cartoon is coming from John Wick series writer Derek Kolstad and has already been picked up for two, eight-episode seasons (Variety also says it’s an “anime,” but “anime” and “cartoon” are not synonyms). We don’t have specifics, but the games have always been about an American superspy named Sam Fisher who likes to sneak around enemy fortresses while shooting out every lightbulb and then restarting the mission if he ever gets spotted. Also: He’s voiced by Michael Ironside, and if Netflix is already doing an animated show and therefore doesn’t need to squeeze a real person into a skintight spy suit, there is no reason not to at least give Ironside first dibs.

I mean they've been teasing a new Splinter Cell game since Sam showed up in Wildlands in the DLC, so I don't know what's up here. I'm sure they've been working on a game, but maybe it hasn't been going well? I confess that I don't think I've ever actually beaten a Splinter Cell game aside from Double Agent but I still have a fondness for the franchise and wouldn't mind them making another game. Or maybe he can just guest-star in all the other franchises?

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

The monkey's paw curls.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Relkin

I'll probably watch it; there have been some good animated shows on Netflix.

I would prefer, you know...a game...but who knows, maybe that's coming. I should replay Conviction; that game was excellent.

fourgateftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I really hope they get around to making another Splinter Cell. Nothing else has really stepped up to fill the niche of well produced, stealth-action spy thriller that series was so good at. Hitman does sometimes have a Bond-esque feel to it, but it’s not the same.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if this is the new game and it's an interactive cartoon. How should Sam infiltrate the compound...?

[Roof entrance]!

OR

[Back gate]!

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Splinter Cell and Hitman are in a category all by themselves.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

Even though I heard about this before, the thread title still hurts a little..

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Fisher-Sama!!!! Dattebayoooo!

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This seems like a pretty good match, you can see a fair amount of the same DNA between Conviction and Blacklist and the John Wick movies. I wouldn't be surprised if those games had direct influence on John Wick In terms of martial arts and gunplay.
The games are currently on sale on Uplay, by the way.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I remember the teaser trailer for the Splinter Cell movie in Chaos Theory. At one point Tom Handy was attached to play as Sam in 2013. Other that directorial turnover, no news since 2017. I don't know how Ubisoft made popular games like Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed into terrible film adaptations. The series is in need of a comeback and I wouldn't mind Elias Toufexis was the voice of Sam Fisher.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zleunamme said:

I wouldn't mind Elias Toufexis was the voice of Sam Fisher.

Toufexis is great and all, but there is only one Sam Fisher and when Michael Ironside retires they should also retire the character.

Edit: I'm now replaying Blacklist and remembered that Toufexis already plays Kobin in the franchise, which might not matter for the animation, but would be weird in the next game we'll never get.