Standing workbench - do you use one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Standing workbench - do you use one? (33 votes)

Yes 24%
No 79%

So I recently set up a standing workbench, allowing me to stand whilst working and using my laptop.

I quite enjoy it. I've been standing for periods of 1-2hrs and I don't find it a strain. Ergonomically I do feel more relaxed, and more energetic.

The nicest thing about it though is it's portability. Depending whether I want to work in a room with a high amount of natural light or not. I love working a brightly lit room (natural sunlight).

Anyone else use a standing workbench? If yes, how do you find it? If no, would you consider it?

• 
Deckard42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been wanting to make the switch when I buy my next desk.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

so... i read it as a workbench for you know woodworking or things to do in your hobby room, and thought who sits at those.
i dont work from home or in an office so you cant really call the place where i use the pc a workbench. i walk/run around all day so when i get home to do something on the pc or play a game i want to sit down and relax not stand and destroy my sore feet.
although i have had a treadmill once that i combined when i played console games during the weekend.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I stand at my workbench where I work, it's pretty nice but I wouldn't want to use one at home.

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a standing desk at work and love it. I stand from when I get in until lunch - I do have to sit down for a proper lunch - and then stand for the afternoon.

We used to have treadmill desks but I guess someone got hurt on one because now they're no longer allowed.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By erhard

@helvetica said:

We used to have treadmill desks but I guess someone got hurt on one because now they're no longer allowed.

Good lord that must be an insufferable place to work at.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I recently got a standing desk set up at work, and I like it. Sitting down all day, only to go home and sit down all evening probably isn't a healthy thing. So I figured, I gotta stand some time, so why not do it at work?

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I should get a standing desk, but I feel like my ability to play League would suffer. Also I'm lazy

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this is a cult, is this a cult?

ianmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I sit to use a computer but do plenty of other things at work that are at a bench or other standing-table-setup. The lighting though, ah man. It's florescent hell. There are no windows anywhere nearby.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I want one, but I'm annoyingly picky when it comes to desks and I can't find one that doesn't make me want to chuck it out the window.