Starting college soon!

Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Protoroll

Well the time has finally come and my first semester of college is about to start on Aug. 12th. MY BIRTHDAY. Yeah I was surprised when I read that date too, but what ya gonna do. I'm a little nervous but I think I'll pull through. I really want to know what my roommate is like though. That is want bothers me the most, because I will be living with this guy for a long time and I just want to know if we will get along. But on need some advice on gaming during college. Did any of you guys bring your 360s or PS3s with you and what size tvs did you play on? Did you wait to see how your roommate was before bringing anything or just brought whatever? See I have a 32 inch and a 360 that I would love to bring but hate to get stolen. Also any other advice on college life would be very helpful. Wish me luck.

Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Protoroll

Well the time has finally come and my first semester of college is about to start on Aug. 12th. MY BIRTHDAY. Yeah I was surprised when I read that date too, but what ya gonna do. I'm a little nervous but I think I'll pull through. I really want to know what my roommate is like though. That is want bothers me the most, because I will be living with this guy for a long time and I just want to know if we will get along. But on need some advice on gaming during college. Did any of you guys bring your 360s or PS3s with you and what size tvs did you play on? Did you wait to see how your roommate was before bringing anything or just brought whatever? See I have a 32 inch and a 360 that I would love to bring but hate to get stolen. Also any other advice on college life would be very helpful. Wish me luck.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sabata

Get ready to pay out the ass for everything!

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RsistncE

Which University/College are you going to?

Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Protoroll
@RsistncE said:
" Which University/College are you going to? "
University of West Georgia 
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By AlexB

Just a couple things. Depending on how your roomate is it would be wise to bring something small but decent. Just because of the fact that drunken parties in the halls might escalate into your TV getting broken. Also college is expensive so i'd go for a smaller TV and your 360. Also set some groundrules first. Like don't eat my food. Also it sucks if you get stuck with a stoner. (unless your into that sort of thing). Nothing worse than a dorm smelling like pot all the time. (again unless your into that sort of thing). Also find some common ground. And don't let him bring over 90 people into a tiny dorm.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Box3ru13

Depends on your living situation and who your roomie is. My roomie was aight but he moved out 2nd term so I had it all to myself so it wasn't a problem. Talk to the guy first and find out what he's bringing. Maybe hold off on bringing the 360/PS3 for now until you get a feel for your roomie and the rest of your hall. 

I brought my PS3 after seeing he was an ok guy and TV. it was a 26' but I know dude who had an old school big screen and others with a 37' TV in their tiny ass dorm room. So it all depends, hope that helps. 
Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Protoroll

All of this helps, I really hope my roomy is a good guy, because I need my 360 in my life.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RetroIce4
leeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By leeto

Woot college. I'm starting at USC this August. I'm not bringing any consoles, but from what I've recommend just bring a small t.v. that you can comfortably see. Space is a premium in college dorms. I was lucky enough to find out my roommate early because of the system at USC, he seems like a neat guy!

Oh, and don't forget power strips! I'm definitely bringing one, you never know when you need more plugs....
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Tireyo

Good for you! College is fun!

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Roger_Klotz

I brought my 360 to college and my roomate was cool with it even though he never really had a gaming console. I even got him hooked onto video games and he ended up buying a 360 the next year. But yeah, get ready for lots of alcohol and make sure you hide any video games you don't want stolen. Because I have people borrow my games all the time without asking and me finding them in their dorm.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By JonathanMoore
@Sabata said:
" Get ready to pay out the ass for everything! "
True dat. I have one more year until I have to.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThomasP

Definitely bring your systems, just make sure your roommate understands to lock the door when there is nobody in your room. The best advice I can give you is to go to all your classes and do all your readings. That's it and I'm sure you'll do great at the school aspect. Also, be sure to enjoy the social scene and have some fun. It's gonna be a great year, dude. Enjoy it.

Edit: Oh yeah, make sure you have a pair of sandals for the shower.

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roger_Klotz

@ThomasP said:

Edit: Oh yeah, make sure you have a pair of sandals for the shower."

This is so true.

captainawesomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By captainawesomo

Stock up on condoms and always carry a few on your person. You play your cards right and youll be using them in no time. GL

Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Protoroll
@Roger_Klotz said:
"

@ThomasP said:

Edit: Oh yeah, make sure you have a pair of sandals for the shower."

This is so true.

"
Yeah, mom is making sure I bring those with me.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green

good luck with that. i go to community college, i still live at home. i would say wait until u actually get there to find out what college is like. i would expect a lot of partying going on there.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By spazmaster666

Living on your own is actually pretty overrated at first, especially if you're not properly prepared (or lazy as was my case). You'll be surprised at how much you can take for granted when you were living at home (free food for instance). Also are you living in a dorm or rented apartment?

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Bruce

Don't get all cocky and turn into a total bitch like my best-friend. She went back to her old ways at College and we're no longer speaking because of it. My advice, don't let it change you negatively.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Bruce said:
" Don't get all cocky and turn into a total bitch like my best-friend. She went back to her old ways at College and we're no longer speaking because of it. My advice, don't let it change you negatively. "
its going to change you regardless, wether for the better or the worse 
AZ123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AZ123

Gaming is fantastic, but college is a special time in your life. Try doing new things. Explore. Get outside of yourself and then re-discover who you are. Sorry if that sounds a little too "self-help", but it's the best advice I have.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zombie2011

I bought my 360 and a 32 inch LCD with me.

As for roommates my roommate freshman year was a bum he would stay up all night and smoke pot using his vaporizer in our dorm. I spent most my time in other peoples rooms. Make sure you get a couple real close friends so you can get a house or apartment with them next year. Thats what i did and sophomore year was a blast.
Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Protoroll
@TwoOneFive said:
" @Bruce said:
" Don't get all cocky and turn into a total bitch like my best-friend. She went back to her old ways at College and we're no longer speaking because of it. My advice, don't let it change you negatively. "
its going to change you regardless, wether for the better or the worse 
"
Believe me I won't forget my morals and go crazy. I know right from wrong and I will not forget that while I am there.
Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jiggah

Group games are pretty damn awesome.  SF4 nights. Halo parties.  System linking through the school network and PC gaming is also crazy fun because the entire school is a huge LAN network.

It's okay to be nervous because it's pretty much the first time you're actually away from anyone you really know, but trust me it'll be fucking awesome.  If you're staying in the dorms, they will facilitate helping you get to know people.  If you get an awesome resident assistant who's willing to look the other way, it'll be a blast.