Stupider Batman Villian: Man Bat or Killer Croc?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

EDIT: i would like to state that I havent read a whole lot of Batman comics, mainly because I cant find any of the old good ones or the fact that there hasnt been a good batman comic in a few years, so Maybe im not Educated enough to make this argument. This knowledge is based of the Animated Series and the other Batman cartoons these characters were in. i do love batman though, so dont think im some kinda nooby punk, I do know quit a bit about batman. I just dont know everything about it.  also, apparently Man bat was a more developed character than i thought, not sure about croc. Again, the only thing i have to go off is the 90s cartoon, which was very good.

I would like to discount the Arkahm Asylum game for a moment, since in that game Killer croc was not the size he was in every other Batman Medium out there. I would like to mainly focus on the Animated series, and stuff like that (which these two were both in), and because im not really sure if these villians where in any comics. Honestly, Batman has lots of Worthless, stupid villians if you actually go back in time and name they all, but these two, which are alot more well known than the likes of Rat Catcher and *ugh* calendar man, mainly because they were in the Animated series I think.   

these two characters practically had no backstory, no reason, and were really jsut flat, 2 dimensional dumb villians. man Bat was jsut a big fucking bat, and im pretty sure he was jsut created so they can have a "clever" twist on the heros name and Persona. Bat Man, Man Bat. see? its stupid. all manbat does is attack and get blood, no motive, so reason, nothing, just feeds. and Killer croc is just some mutated hic former wrestler that had some bullshit  disease that made him all scaley. in the cartoon, he was only slightly bigger than a normal man, not the 15 foot tall monster he was in Arkahm, which I admit was really cool looking.  Now, atleast with characters you might think are dumb like Clayface, the Vetriloquist dummy Rocky, and maybe even Mr.Freeze, they had some backstory and character to them.  

Clayface, going off the cartoon, was a famous actor who could play pretty much any role because he was so good at his craft, and was turned into the monster by a horrible sideeffect of a Reconstructing Facial cream invented by Dagget that can create pretty much any appearance you wanted. He than tries to live with the fact that hes a monster and tries continuesly to maintain his human form and try to be normal, but it never works and is droven to instanity. Rocky is the manifestation fo the shattered phychie of the Vetriloquist who has a severe multiple personaility disorder, and is projecting it though the dummy. and Mr. Freeze has a very good reason for what he does, hes trying to find a cure for his dying wife that he froze to keep alive because she has a Extremely rare disease. Atleast, this was his original motive. but since the death of his wife, hes a Broken man who thinks his only choice is to turn to crime because of his path of Self Distruction because he thinks his life will never get any better. Not to mention he cant go outside without a Cryo suit, could you even imagine what thats like? not  being able to feel the warmth of the sun on your skin? the cool breeze on your face? the touch of another human being? It would drive anyone to self destruction and be a empty shell of a man.   

Anyway, I got off on a bit of a tangent, im just really Pashionet about my Favorite Superhero. Anyway, I would probaly have to say Manbat is the stupidest. It just seemed like a character that really brings nothing to anything.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Mate the cartoon is junk compared to the comics.  Man-Bat was a fantastic tragic anti-hero and was not just a clever/stupid play on the words.  He was, in fact, a strong reflection of the kinds of desires which are in conflict in many classic supervillians and indeed in Batman himself; that in order to do good one must make bad choices and then seek to redeem themselves.  While I can certainly see the appeal of the show and Batman Beyond too I have to say that both are pretty much popcorn fluff compared to the comics, especially those of the Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons revival period.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Bones8677

No offense but did you have a few drinks before posting? Sounds like one of those conversations between friends who've been drinking.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald

Thanks, but I'd take either villain over Mr. Freeze.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hot_Karl
@extremeradical said:
" Thanks, but I'd take either villain over Mr. Freeze. "
Mr. Freeze is pretty stupid, but I loved that film Subzero, so I'm afraid that my condition has left me cold to your pleas of mercy. 
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Ryax

killer croc is a beast. read the comics man. nothing gay about them except robin

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ravensword
@SeriouslyNow:

Really? I honestly didnt read alot fo the comics, so i was unaware of this.
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By CaptainObvious

Pro tip: Don't use cartoon as canon source when it comes to Batman.  

Also, Batman TAS' Killer croc didn't even look like a croc.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
@Ryax said:
" killer croc is a beast. read the comics man. nothing gay about them except robin "
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword
@CaptainObvious:

lol, yeah, he looked like a scaley man. Anywy, i do love Batman, but sadly I didnt read alot of the comics. So maybe im not educated enough to make this argument.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ryax

i mean look at them! so awesome
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ravensword
@Ryax:

Again, im going off the cartoon. I havent been able to read any of the old good batman comics for some reason.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ryax
@Raven_Sword said:
" @Ryax: Again, im going off the cartoon. I havent been able to read any of the old good batman comics for some reason. "
no worries. you still have time ;)
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ravensword
@Ryax:

You gotta admit, going off the cartoon, you cant blame me for thinking they were stupid one dimensional characters.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ryax
@Raven_Sword said:
" @Ryax: You gotta admit, going off the cartoon, you cant blame me for thinking they were stupid one dimensional characters. "
nah i dont blame you. i blame the people who made the cartoon a mis representation of the awesome world dc created. so no worries
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Skald
@VinceNotVance said:
" @extremeradical said:
" Thanks, but I'd take either villain over Mr. Freeze. "
Mr. Freeze is pretty stupid, but I loved that film Subzero, so I'm afraid that my condition has left me cold to your pleas of mercy.  "
Second best rated Batman film of all time. A lot of people liked that movie. In any case, you certainly aren't alone.