Supporting the Site when watching Video Question

DeltaDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DeltaDreamer

So this may be a weird question so forgive me and I am very much uneducated with marketing and advertising and the like. But i want to know, what is the best way to watch GB videos and streams to best support the site. Like should i watch a stream on twitch directly or watch the stream off the site. Should i watch a video off the site or watch it off the GB youtube Channel. I really am confused with this.

FunkyS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FunkyS

Probably best to watch as much on the site as on possible. In an absolute worst case scenario, if too many people watched on YouTube perhaps higher-ups would wonder why there was a site in the first place?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@funkys said:

...if too many people watched on YouTube perhaps higher-ups would wonder why there was a site in the first place?

Yep. I'm no web marketing guy either, but I do know that part of ad consideration with video content isn't just videos watched, it's the amount of that video that's watched. Meaning that they look to see if people just watch the first minute and close it, skip the intro and get to the middle, or watch the whole thing. That's probably easier done with videos in their own player than through other sites. Also, page views are important not just in single clicks, but the amount of different pages that a user goes through in one session with the site. So if you're watching a video on GB that you clicked on from somewhere else on GB, they see that as a positive thing. If you're watching it on Twitch, it's probably more abstract.

Again though, I could definitely be wrong. You could always just ask Jeff straight up on his Tumblr.