T-Mobile's Uncarrier 4.0 Initiative might have you switch.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
No Caption Provided

T-Mobile just announced its UnCarrier 4.0 press conference during this year’s Consumer Electronics Show. While we originally weren’t quite sure what to expect, TmoNews is shedding some light on the situation.

Apparently T-Mobile’s next step will be to continue to woo customers away from competing carriers. It’s already doing quite a good job with $0 down options and global roaming, but now it’s going to try to pay your early termination fee (ETF) to switch, too. TmoNews says it has learned that T-Mobile’s new option is code named “Houdini” and the carrier is working to provide up to $350 in credit if you pay an early termination fee (often about $350) and switch over to T-Mobile.

No Caption Provided

“Emphasis will be on families switching up to 5 lines regardless of contract end dates,” an unnamed source told the news outlet. “New customers will receive instant credit when they trade in a smartphone, then get a credit for the ETF charged by their old carrier when they submit the final bill to TMO.” ..

TechnoBuffalo: T-Mobile “Project Houdini” May Convince You to Switch Carriers

BGR: T-Mobile’s next move could be devastating for AT&T and Verizon

So T-Mobile wants to pay for 5 of your ETF fees, and have you switch off of AT&T. Which is weird, because I want to say that ATT recently raised their ETF fairly recently(?), so hm. ATT's newer plans that copy off of T-Mobile, seem to be a ripoff, as I hear. And I know like one person that was actually contemplating switching from Verizon to ATT, so there's that. I don't know of too many people that actually Want to switch over to that side of the darkroom.

Anywho, what do you think about T-Mobile's ongoings, here? Would you switch, just for the fun of it?

And latest I've heard, both Sprint, and foxly/shitty Dish Network both wanna buy T-Mobile, somewhere early next year. Which might just ruin the whole "T-Mobile's No Contract" initiative, and good dealings somewhat at some point, with Sprint. Dish seems just be a jerk here, because they said earlier last year that they wanted to buy Sprint, but then Japanese Softbank took it. And one would certainly believe that Softbank to finalize Sprint's acquisition, and make a bid for T-Mobile.

The point is that their bid might actually be a go for the FCC, since Sprint + T-Mobile combined = 54 Million, less than ATT and Verizon's 78 and 94 Million, respectively.