• 103 results
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By buzz_clik

Honestly, I was hooked from the first time I played Planet Patrol on the Atari 2600. Bought a Commodore 64 soon after that and played a bunch of LeMans (still such a great reflex tester) and International Soccer.

But I guess the game that was really the one that made me go "ALL OF THIS IS SO ME" was Beamrider on the C64. I still think it's an amazing blaster that's relentless and fast as fuck, just pure and perfect twitch shooting once you get deeper into the game.

Nekromantix87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Nekromantix87

Up until I was about 9 or 10, I balanced my time between hobbies pretty evenly. One of the first friends I made after moving cities invited me over to his house to play some PSX, and his older brother was playing Final Fantasy VII, quite near the end. That memory remains vivid in my mind, just seeing the Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round summons, and thinking to myself, holy crap this game looks fucking awesome. My birthday happened to be right around the corner, so I asked for Final Fantasy. That game sucked me into the world of RPGs and completely changed how I balanced hobbies from then on.

Those Squaresoft RPGs from around 1997 - 1998 really did it for me. I spent so much time playing SaGa Frontier, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy Tactics. I pulled those games out every summer vacation up until high school. It kind of makes me feel like digging out SaGa Frontier now.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By McShank

The very first Zelda game on the NES.. Then i lost sight of games until a magical thing called super mario 64.. Oh did i spend 100's of hours after school playing that when i was young.. made me love games all over again.