The Avengers Movie Thoughts?

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Okay so Iron Man released today and after watching the movie, there was a special scene after the credits that set up The Avengers movie. I was just wondering what people thought of this? I am personally stoked but after looking at an article online, it doesn't look like its coming for a while if the dates given are to be true.

So yeah what do you think?,  Who should be the hero's?,  Who should be the villans?  etc.

link to article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3if965d7b6805214021ad319712d71f991

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Isn't Iron Man 2 coming just before The Avengers?

There's a scene like this in The Incredible Hulk, also.  So, it's pretty clear whatever the threat will be, we're going to see it established in Iron Man 2/Captain America. 

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MKHavoc

I think Sony own the rights to Spider-man, so he probably won't be in it.  I think this will end up hurting the movie, but then again the Hulk and Iron Man did well on their own.  And I think the Captain America movie will be a success too.

gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By gman

Marvel just did a five picture deal with Paramount.  Marvel is still funding their movies, Paramount is distributing.

The releases covered include: “Iron Man 2” (May 7, 2010), the Kenneth Branagh-helmed “Thor” (July 16, 2010), “The First Avenger: Captain America” (May 6, 2011) and “The Avengers” (July 15, 2011). The distribution agreement also includes an as-yet-announced “Iron Man 3.”

TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are the movie releases illustrated in the article:

• Iron Man 2 (May 7, 2010)
  • Iron Man 3 (No release date set)
  • Thor (July 16, 2010)
  • The First Avenger: Captain America (May 6, 2011)
  • The Avengers (July 15, 2011)
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

I want it to be good, I think it'll be bad.

Zenexo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Zenexo

Avengers film, Captain America film and Spider-man 4 all in the same year. Marvel has been doing pretty with their self financed films. Should be pretty great as long as it keeps all of the same actors from other films. Oh yeah and THE REAL DR.DOOM, would make for a KICK ASS VILLAIN!!! Not the one in those gay F4 films

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GMan said:
"Marvel just did a five picture deal with Paramount.  Marvel is still funding their movies, Paramount is distributing.

The releases covered include: “Iron Man 2” (May 7, 2010), the Kenneth Branagh-helmed “Thor” (July 16, 2010), “The First Avenger: Captain America” (May 6, 2011) and “The Avengers” (July 15, 2011). The distribution agreement also includes an as-yet-announced “Iron Man 3.”"
Are they planning on cramming the third Iron Man before the Avenger film? 

I guess that . . . sort of makes sense.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Black_Rose

I think both this one and Thor are going to be a disaster. Captain America has a chance to be good

Zenexo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zenexo
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"GMan said:
"Marvel just did a five picture deal with Paramount.  Marvel is still funding their movies, Paramount is distributing.

The releases covered include: “Iron Man 2” (May 7, 2010), the Kenneth Branagh-helmed “Thor” (July 16, 2010), “The First Avenger: Captain America” (May 6, 2011) and “The Avengers” (July 15, 2011). The distribution agreement also includes an as-yet-announced “Iron Man 3.”"

I guess that . . . sort of makes sense."
Why would they release a third Iron Man film before the avengers film which is coming out in 2011 and the second Iron Man film is coming out in 2010.... :|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zenexo said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"GMan said:

Why would they release a third Iron Man film before the avengers film which is coming out in 2011 and the second Iron Man film is coming out in 2010.... :|"
It's not impossible for the two sequels to be produced concurrently a la Pirates, Matrix sequels, or (gasp!) the Spider-Man sequels. 

But, really, I just didn't read the dates.  Only caught the "Hey, Iron Man 3" part.
Zenexo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zenexo
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Zenexo said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"GMan said:

Why would they release a third Iron Man film before the avengers film which is coming out in 2011 and the second Iron Man film is coming out in 2010.... :|"
It's not impossible for the two sequels to be produced concurrently a la Pirates, Matrix sequels, or (gasp!) the Spider-Man sequels. 

But, really, I just didn't read the dates.  Only caught the "Hey, Iron Man 3" part."
There not shooting Iron Man 2 and 3 back to back....
TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pretty sure that they will release Iron Man 3 after the Avengers movie based on the release dates given but you never know for sure I guess. I am excited to see the Captain America and Thor movies though. Hopefully they will not suck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWorstPlayerEver said:
"Im pretty sure that they will release Iron Man 3 after the Avengers movie based on the release dates given but you never know for sure I guess. I am excited to see the Captain America and Thor movies though. Hopefully they will not suck"
Iron Man was good, The Incredible Hulk was watchable, so I think Marvel has pulled out of the slump they had going with Ghost Rider, X3 and Spider-Man 3.  We'll see.