The BEST game idea you ever had?

Anteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Anteater

Yeah,yeah i also made the "The worst game idea you ever had?" thread,and since that went (surprisingly) well,why not make the opposite?

Anyway,i think my idea is pretty good. Basically,it would be combining a bunch of different genres into one game (not at the same time though :P). So,i think the aprropriate name would be CHAOS because it's cliche enough to be awesome :),anyway there would be a few different factions,and i even made up their names:

GRiN: So,cliche enough,all of this started with monsters. Monsters from space. But,it seems mankind exterminated them,however,as they have been ravaging the lands for years,they have also been having some (forced,of course) sexual intercourse,creating a mix beetween Aliens and Humans known as GRiN. These are the straight up brutes,so this would be a Serious Sam style FPS.

Nightwolwes: A group of ex-commandos (some have retired,while others sstopped being commandos to the break-up of the army),and now wannabe Indians. They dress just like Nightwolf from MK,and they are more tactical,so this would be a realistic tacital third person shooter

Blackhorn: A random mismatch of army people,these duders would be gettin' all RTS in yo grill! :P

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

A Trauma Center style game based on a manga called Franken Fran.  For jerks, sure, but where else would you be able to perform open heart surgery on a giant half-whale woman with a chainsaw, while standing inside her chest cavity?  Or perform an emergency timed surgery to remove the entire lower half of your body, plant an explosive, and escape through some air ducts before a crazy wolf monster shows up to murder you?

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Semition

Trauma Centre + Super-realistic WW2. I my mind, I want it to be like the scene in Saving Private Ryan and you're playing as the medic. It will have sound effects of grown men crying and everything.

And whenever you fail to save a soldier, you have to play as the guy who sends those letters to the dead soldier's family and it'll have DA:O conversation branches.

It will be really depressing.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

I'd tell you, but then some asshole game developer is going to take my idea.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ben99
@TooWalrus: 
haha , they are probably off ben stalking you for a while . Don't give in
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By habster3

It was a 2D platformer with 3D graphics and a combat system similar to God of War (But it was a lot faster to kill enemies :)). It was also supposed to be brutally challenging and would feature boss battles where you have to think before you strike! It takes place far into the future as you play a Meta-Samurai of some sort.

Another one is a comical 2D platformer/shooter where you play as a virus trying to break into a computer. One of my favorite ideas from it would be parodies of real life security systems.

Berezov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Berezov

A free roaming brawler in a alternate reality where guns don't exist, using the euphoria physics engine, you can move around objects Stake style. Imagine this, a scenario where you see a guard on patrol on the side of a bridge, instead of just fighting him you get a ramp, run up the ramp and drop kick him off the edge resulting in a slow motion physics based death, and you know what, four player co op and fully customisable characters.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By meteora

Strife (working title): A shooter/RPG that revolves around a rookie protagonist serving in the United States Marine Crops in either late 20th or early 21st century (between somewhere in the timeline of the Gulf War to the War in Iraq). The protagonist isn't your typical generic war hero and is genuinely a regular soldier fighting to stay alive in the hell hole that is the Middle East. There will be a numerous number of flashbacks to his past, things involving living in a broken house, being bullied at high school, the loss of a best friend and having a baby with a woman who isn't of the same race as he is. He is accompanied by a squad that he'll interact with, become friends and will work together as a team in combat; with some not making it through the whole storyline without being fatally killed off. The game takes more realistic cues from real life (i.e. not becoming a shooting gallery) and implements tactical elements such as maneuvers and uses cover mechanics. There is limited regenerating health and healing needs to be done by actually "patching up" a wounded soldier. 

I seriously want a emotional war game made. Its desperate that one with a good story gets rolling in a video game.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CandleJakk
@TooWalrus said:
" I'd tell you, but then some asshole game developer is going to take my idea. "
This. 
This is exactly why I've not told anyone my idea.
Anteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Anteater
@Meteora: LOL,if i ever make a game i will track you down and finance to write the story :)
Skilbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Skilbs

Currently working on a 3d platformer/puzzle game set during the industrial revolution but with a bunch of British folk lore thrown in. Unlike the worst game idea I have been involved with, this one should save your game.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By dichemstys

A basketball/freeroam game in which you live in the inner city, trying to become great at basketball. You get involved with gangs, violence, drugs, all that crazy shit and eventually make it to the NBA where there is just as much drama.

Anteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Anteater
@birdflu777: And,just to be more cliche,you are black?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Lucha Noir.  Basically think Max Payne meets Smackdown vs. Raw. You play as a washed up alcoholic Luchadore who was black listed in the wrestling federations for refusing to take off your mask after losing a mask vs. mask match where it was clearly fixed (think Montreal Screwjob fellow wrasslin' fans).  So  you take the next logical step and open up a detective agency or something. The gimmick is that instead of using a gun you use a steel chair and  wrestling moves to kill people.   Oh and throw in some rpg-lite gimmick where different tights and mask give different stat bonuses.

Please feel free to steal this idea.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slyspider

open world l4d game, with cars, sealing of doors, 8 player coop and a gta4 size city

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By dichemstys
@Anteater said:
" @birdflu777: And,just to be more cliche,you are black? "
I was semi-trolling.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By CL60

I came up with the idea of Resident Evil, but Capcom stole it from me.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By meteora
@Anteater said:
" @Meteora: LOL,if i ever make a game i will track you down and finance to write the story :) "
Well get to it then buddy! I'm looking for a job. =P
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By KaosAngel

ITT Devs lurk to steal ideas. 

------------- 
Finish the Fight.  07.27.10

DrGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DrGanon

Jump to conclusions. Its a game where you have your character jump to different conclusions. It also has a sex mini game with a robot.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#21  Edited By citizenkane

Ranking system with actual military ranks.

Of course, I have had this idea since I was a lot younger and of course they have already used it.  So, another game idea I have add is to show your rank on your character, as well as the option of using an actual military dress uniform(which will rightfully change as you get to officers) and showing the ribbons and medal you achieve completeig challenges/etc. on your uniform.

I hope someone actually does this.  I am really interested in how it would turn on in a game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spoonman671

Open-world zombie apocalypse simulator.  None of this automatic weapons, running zombies, shoot'em-in-the-stomach-enough-times nonsense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If I say it, I'll have to kill everyone who sees.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iam3green
@birdflu777 said:

" A basketball/freeroam game in which you live in the inner city, trying to become great at basketball. You get involved with gangs, violence, drugs, all that crazy shit and eventually make it to the NBA where there is just as much drama. "

shootin some b-ball outside of the school when a couple of guys Who were up to no good Startin makin trouble in my neighborhood I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared she said your movin with your auntie and uncle in bel Air. that just reminded me of bellair. 

i have an idea that has been made a lot, a FPS that is also have RPG. it is kind of like borderlands how that game plays.
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By davidwitten22

You are a scantily clad woman (or man for the ladies out there). You run around the world fighting huge armies by yourself. Your clothes disappear more and more as the game progresses. You have superhuman strength and the AI has horrible AI, HK action cinema style. You shoot bad guys. You shoot animals. You shoot aliens. 

And none of this is explained in any way.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

Operation Flashpoint and Close Combat series.   Someone independently implemented those ideas...fortunately.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ryanwho

I think its cute that random internet people think their ideas are so valuable that they would be stolen by publishers who turn down hundreds of ideas monthly. Very cute. People don't buy ideas, they buy presentations. If someone turns your vague paragraph into a fleshed out idea they didn't "steal" it, they just did something with it to give it actual value.

Sea monster fishing.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Azteck
@Meteora said:
" Strife (working title): A shooter/RPG that revolves around a rookie protagonist serving in the United States Marine Crops in either late 20th or early 21st century (between somewhere in the timeline of the Gulf War to the War in Iraq). The protagonist isn't your typical generic war hero and is genuinely a regular soldier fighting to stay alive in the hell hole that is the Middle East. There will be a numerous number of flashbacks to his past, things involving living in a broken house, being bullied at high school, the loss of a best friend and having a baby with a woman who isn't of the same race as he is. He is accompanied by a squad that he'll interact with, become friends and will work together as a team in combat; with some not making it through the whole storyline without being fatally killed off. The game takes more realistic cues from real life (i.e. not becoming a shooting gallery) and implements tactical elements such as maneuvers and uses cover mechanics. There is limited regenerating health and healing needs to be done by actually "patching up" a wounded soldier.  I seriously want a emotional war game made. Its desperate that one with a good story gets rolling in a video game. "
I'd play this.  Definitely.
raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By raviolisumo

Text based version of harvest moon.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HitmanAgent47

A game call road kill, it's a racing game where you crash into animals and you get more points for it. Might be an indie game though, it's fun.

I also have another game I thought of that's like operation iraqi freedom, you get to control two fire teams like full spectrum warrior, except it's in a fps angle. It's sort of like an arcade game, making the wrong turns or making wrong decisions can get you ambushed.

Another game I thought of has to do with jumping over buildings and stuff, you sort of have a perspective of looking out the window and you have to make sure you jump or you'll hit a building or light pole. You run on top of the electric cables and stuff like that, from a certain perspective that you can see everything and run up buildings. Then again they already made mirrors edge, so this idea goes out the window. However these might make good flash games or smaller indie game projects.  

I also have another idea of a survival horror game where the world if the opposite, you can see ppl's guts and stuff like they are turned inside out and everyone thinks thats normal. Of course they still wear clothes, yet they are dripping blood all the time. It's has it's own logic in the world and it will be scarier than silent hill or old resident evil games. Then again this would make a good indie project game. Those are my ideas, don't steal it.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Every action game in the Metal Gear AC!D 2 engine.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By Sooperspy
@slyspider said:
" open world l4d game, with cars, sealing of doors, 8 player coop and a gta4 size city "
Anteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Anteater

@Meteora said:

" @Anteater said:

" @Meteora: LOL,if i ever make a game i will track you down and finance to write the story :) "

Well get to it then buddy! I'm looking for a job. =P "
Unfortunately ,that'll have to wait til i finish getting my CS deegre (ain't it tragic? I'm 26 yet i'm going to college now? Oh,well,whatever :))
 Seriously,your story is 'effin great!
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Aronman789

I did have the idea for a game where the character goes back in time to find Hiero (that inventor guy from ancient times) and gave him the idea for a sun powered train and meet up with other historical people while fighting aliens along the silk road, but i was drunk at the time

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Osaladin

Puzzle/Platformer in where you play as an Ice Cube (not THE Ice cube), and the world is in global warming. In each level you will gain new abilities and must freeze/melt your way to the end. Not complete by any means, but this is the idea I came up with when my friend asked if we should make an indie game.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By GunstarRed

A real murder simulator, it only works with kinect. 

It takes a photo at the point of a "perfect kill" like in Kinect adventure.
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Aronman789
@Spoonman671 said:
" Open-world zombie apocalypse simulator.  None of this automatic weapons, running zombies, shoot'em-in-the-stomach-enough-times nonsense. "
this just gave me an idea- Zombies, everywhere, and there's a pack of 5-6 people fighting to get out of the city, but here's the twist, you are the zombie, and since becoming one, you've lost knowledge about your old life, as have all zombies, but you're still sentient and have the ability to think, so the actual purpose of the game is to help the other zombies learn how to combat these gun wielding maniacs that are running though town killing everyone. 
Anteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Anteater
@Skilbs: Can you make a PC and PSN version?
Skilbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Skilbs
@Anteater: There will definitely be a PC version. We are looking at mid 2011 for release.
Anteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Anteater
@Skilbs: AWESOME :)!
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iam3green

i wanted to play a game kind of like borderlands, how it is a RPG that is also a FPS. it would also be like a trigger happy shooter. things explode everywhere.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By Crono11

Batman.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By natetodamax

I currently have an idea for a game floating around in my head that combines elements of transhumanitism, anti-Americanism, and religious intolerance, which are three of "the world's most dangerous ideas". The whole concept of transhumanitism especially is very fascinating. I think a game combining elements of these ideas and concepts would be very thought provoking, albeit confusing to some.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By habster3
@natetodamax said:
"I currently have an idea for a game floating around in my head that combines elements of transhumanitism, anti-Americanism, and religious intolerance, which are three of "the world's most dangerous ideas". The whole concept of transhumanitism especially is very fascinating. I think a game combining elements of these ideas and concepts would be very thought provoking, albeit confusing to some. "
Not ALL of America sucks; just the government and the morons. Wait, scratch that; America sucks.
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By DrPockets000

I had an idea a few years ago where you play as Dimebag from Pantera, and you go around a free-roaming city with  some rock and metal visual influences.  Your guitar would be a source of power to call down lightning bolts and shoot out projectiles. 

Then Brutal Legend came out and I gave up.