The End of the Semester All-Nighters

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By JOURN3Y

So I'm trying to finish a paper right now that is due later in the day today. I'm writing my Multicultural Pedagogical Project for one of my education classes. Should I have done this paper earlier? You bet! But procrastination is one of my lovable qualities. Is anyone else trying to finish a project or paper?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MiniPato

I'm trying to find out how to make a good intro paragraph for my paper which was due 3 hours ago. It's such a bitch when I know what I want for the body of the essay but I can't get started until I know how to introduce it.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By gaminghooligan

working on study guides for my finals, it's almost 4:30 in the AM here on the east coast. Thankfully my professors make class optional during dead week. I have the Deadly Premonition ER on my laptop, Brad and Ryan have kept me strong during this all nighter

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JOURN3Y

@MiniPato said:

I'm trying to find out how to make a good intro paragraph for my paper which was due 3 hours ago. It's such a bitch when I know what I want for the body of the essay but I can't get started until I know how to introduce it.

I tend to write the body of the paper first. If I understand what I want to write about then I can finally come up with a thesis and a good way to introduce it.

@gaminghooligan said:

working on study guides for my finals, it's almost 4:30 in the AM here on the east coast. Thankfully my professors make class optional during dead week. I have the Deadly Premonition ER on my laptop, Brad and Ryan have kept me strong during this all nighter

Sleeping will help you out a lot too. Remember to get plenty of sleep for those finals :) East Coast, best coast right?

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Patman99

Yeah, I'm working on a paper right now (1:20am). It's only due tomorrow at 5:00pm but I'd really like to get it done before I go to bed. Luckily, I am almost done, and just being lazy. Nothing like limping over the finish line....

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By gaminghooligan

@JOURN3Y: haha for sure man, and sleep... sleep is for the weak. (kidding of course)

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By jacdg

I find my work to be best when I do it last minute, at least with papers. I don't believe in cramming sessions or all nighters, they don't work for me so I try to just do most of the work during the year, show up to everything and then read up on a few things before exams since I'm pretty good at remembering things I hear compared to when I just read them.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By beeftothetaco

Yeah, two. But Planetside 2 has a knack for making me not give a fuck.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By triple07

Yep. Working on a paper for Intro to Writing in the Sciences right now. Pretty boring so instead of writing it I'm browsing the forums.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inkerman

I'm a pro procrastinator. Right now I'm finishing up the powerpoint for my group presentation on the US State Department's possible future policies tomorrow. I'm both the Secretary of State and the one doing the most presenting. I've still gotta finish my actual speech. But, lucky me no finals. I've just got two essays due next week and another two draft essays I have to finalise. Busy week.

This thread needs more terrible, terrible dubstep to wake us up.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Zombie_

Nope, but I'm gonna be cramming for my three-part computer final all of next week.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TobbRobb

I'm more or less reading up on and doing assignments for two entire courses over the weekend. Doing nothing for 2 months was worth it! :D

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Zombie_

@TobbRobb said:

I'm more or less reading up on and doing assignments for two entire courses over the weekend. Doing nothing for 2 months was worth it! :D

Gonna be doing a lot of this, too. I pretty much did fuck-all for almost a month's worth of classes.

Completely worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Pushing things to the last minute nearly cost me my college career. Only broke the habit through sheer force.

Godspeed, duders.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uhtaree

I did, that's why I got pretty much all C's in everything but my major. There was nothing more frustrating than the hours between 4 and 8am when time just blinks by. I can still taste the Redbull and cigarettes in the cold night air, yuck!

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MarkWahlberg

My entire academic career has been defined by procrastination. While I do quite well at at it, I came across a couple quotes on the subject a while back that made me seriously reconsider my life. I still procrastinate, of course, but now I do so with more existentialist dread. I can't recall where these are from exactly, but I'm sure you can Google it.

On Procrastinators:

“rather than risk failure, they prefer to create conditions that make success impossible”

On Procrastination itself:

“Procrastination most often arises from a sense that there is too much to do, and hence no single aspect of the to-do worth doing. . . . Underneath this rather antic form of action-as-inaction is the much more unsettling question whether anything is worth doing at all.”

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shaka999

I have a paper due today. I wrote ten pages for it and somehow (I mean, I probably fucked up, but still) it didn't save so I have to start it all over again. On top of that, I have my first final in a few hours.

Yay!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

@MarkWahlberg said:

My entire academic career has been defined by procrastination. While I do quite well at at it, I came across a couple quotes on the subject a while back that made me seriously reconsider my life. I still procrastinate, of course, but now I do so with more existentialist dread. I can't recall where these are from exactly, but I'm sure you can Google it.

On Procrastinators:

“rather than risk failure, they prefer to create conditions that make success impossible”

On Procrastination itself:

“Procrastination most often arises from a sense that there is too much to do, and hence no single aspect of the to-do worth doing. . . . Underneath this rather antic form of action-as-inaction is the much more unsettling question whether anything is worth doing at all.”

Brilliant and completely true quotes.

On topic, yes I've procrastinated a lot over the semester but I didn't have to pull any all-nighters for finals. That said, I did pull an all-nighter to finish Jane Eyre and write a paper on it, and followed that up with a panel discussion of the paper the next morning. With no sleep whatsoever. And got an A-.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MarkWahlberg said:

On Procrastinators:

I think that's from a Cracked article, but I don't know where to find it.

I tried Googling it, but got a Wikipedia page about making my dick bigger. Go figure.

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rokkaku

As a Classics student, I feel some of you could use some encouragement from the great Vergil: "Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuuabit", "Perhaps someday we will remember even these trials with pleasure." I find it's a VERY relevant quote to studying...