The most brilliant possible way to teach a class. (new idea)

Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hausdog

How many of you have been burned on a math or science class because you figured out the material after taking the test? I know that's happened to me a whole bunch of times. So I'm gonna fix that. Instead of having your grade breakdown go with assignments and tests and quizzes, it would be each concept weighs an equal amount. For instance, if you're taking beginning algebra, solving for X and graphing and factoring and so on would all weigh equally. I take the highest score from each category and average them and that's your grade. I always thought it was unfair that if you become a brilliant mathematician the day after the test, you still might get a C or whatever in the class, so hopefully this will remedy that.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By maxszy

What? I'm a little confused.

So each topic is completely categorized and out of each category only the highest grade is counted? And they only grade/record the best one?

Does not work to me. Exams, papers, tests, quizzes, other assignments are meant to be cumulative in order to express your overall progress in the course. How well you have done and/or are doing. Your grade isn't supposed to be made to be higher just because they want you to "feel" better. Grades can be bad for a reason, for you to work and try harder next time. Sure there are the cases like you said, but if that is happening all the time, one should realize that they just need a few more explanations of it and therefore get that extra help before the exam or whatever is taken.

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Joshbra97

If you're using the exam to teach you the material than you're not working hard enough ahead of time.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Green_Incarnate

How about try studying.