The Outdoor World

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yes! It exists!

As summer approaches us in States/Countries with the cold winter seasons, the ice will eventually melt. I for one do not enjoy snow or the cold in any way at all. But I do, however, enjoy summer to it's fullest since I only get 3-4 maybe 5 months of nice weather to do things. I bought a Kayak last year and I only got use it a couple of times thanks to having two jobs. Now I only have one job so I'll have a lot more time to do that sort of thing. Also with this new found time to do outdoors stuff, I am going to be planning a backpacking trip in the Appalachian Mountains along the Appalachian Trail. To help me and others on here get new ideas to do outdoors stuff, lets talk about different places to travel to or just in general outdoors things to do no matter the season really. Feel free to share pictures of your outdoor adventures also!

No Caption Provided

This was along the river I was kayaking last summer. As you can see its abandoned. Used to be part of the steel mill in a neighboring city.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nothing every good happens outside

Neonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can't figure out how to make .gifs work on the giantbomb forums so here have a link: http://i.imgur.com/0ZzPSGc.gif

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Spring comes along and I go outside and then my allergies kick in and I say "fuck this shit" and stay indoors while feeling like shit.

Then Summer comes and I go outside and get sunburn and say "fuck this shit" and stay indoors with the air conditioner on while being in severe pain.

Outdoors fucking sucks.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck yeah Appalachians! Been meaning to hike that shit for a while, never can find the time though.

But why must you mock us with these thoughts of summer? Tis still February, the soggy hangover of winter.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Outside World, eh? Sounds like a great game! What system is that on? Those are some really nice graphics.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry duder, didn't mean to mock anyone. I have the summer itch right now so I can't stop thinking about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spring comes along and I go outside and then my allergies kick in and I say "fuck this shit" and stay indoors while feeling like shit.

Then Summer comes and I go outside and get sunburn and say "fuck this shit" and stay indoors with the air conditioner on while being in severe pain.

Outdoors fucking sucks.

Pretty much my experience.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soapy86 said:

@morbid_coffee said:

Outdoors fucking sucks.

Pretty much my experience.

Thats some shitty luck. I go crazy being inside too much as it is.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mellotronrules

my skin burns in about 5 minutes flat- i am not a child of the sun. i do enjoy visiting exciting landscapes, however. the last place i've been to of note was giant's causeway in northern ireland. pretty spectacular. here are a few photos of mine:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

edit: looking back at these, it still blows my mind that mother nature essentially produced a cobblestone walkway crafted from hexagonal stone columns.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're going hiking, you should sketch the scenery around you, it's always been a good summer activity for me. If you don't know how to draw, you could pick up a few tips online and practice a little before summer gets here to make your sketches a little more presentable.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Not a picture, but here is my latest outdoor adventure (not the most thrilling video in the world, but meh). I love the snow and love to ski.

As for summer adventures, I'm probably going to try rafting this summer and explore different hot springs.

Here are some pictures of my favorite summer 'adventures' from last summer (from McCall, Idaho):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Outdoors is a crazy place that is trying to kill me with allergies all the time (well, except winter) - so no thank you.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Got some good outdoor pic but need to get to my computer. Will post after I get home.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153: Those are some awesome pics. I didn't think Idaho had all that nice scenery.

@mellotronrules: I would really love to visit Ireland. Those are some awesome views

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently got back into skiing after a ten year hiatus. I used to always grumble about the winters here in Canada. Hated the inconvenience of snow. Skiing now has put a positive spin on snowy weather, which is good for my disposition. :)

I live about an hour's drive east of the rocky mountains. This season have been skiing about once a week either at the local hill or occasionally at the major resorts close by (Sunshine Village, Lake Louise, etc.). Lake Louise in particular is one of the best ski resorts in the world. Here's a video of someone skiing the back bowls on a powder day:

Embed no work. Link here.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have many adventures on my bikes with my friends and brother. We go mountain and road biking every week, and basically just live off our bikes for the day. It's pretty incredible, highly recommend cycling to break into outdoor activities.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@lord_xp: definitely go if you have the opportunity. the way the land gives way to the stone columns, and the fact that it's pastoral farmland that suddenly drops off into the sea...it's pretty stunning.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Who knew such alien places did in fact exist?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

We don't go there anymore.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Some old photos I took but should still look good

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck your summer/spring. It's still below 0 here in Sweden.