THE QUESTION 6: How do you like Starcraft 2 post-released?

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ISuperGamerI

Welcome to THE QUESTION 6

Now that Starcraft 2 has officially launched, how do you like it? Do you like it as much as the beta and if you weren't in the beta, how do you like it compared to the original game? 

PS: If you're also watching the GB crew play the gamei on Justin.tv what do you think? Did you buy the game or planning to buy it?
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I don't know, mainly because I still haven't gotten into RTSes. I've tried, and I'll try again, but for now, we're awkward friends, at best.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iam3green

i don't really know. i haven't played the game  yet and i don't really like RTS games. i'm thinking about trying it sometime if a friend gets it.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

If you haven't played the game why would you reply.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

III like the GB coverage of it..

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ISuperGamerI

RTS games are fun and I suggest playing the Age of Empires series in order to learn.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By nicolenomicon

As awesome as I thought it would be. 

EDIT: I didn't really play the original though.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RsistncE

Beyond my general rage and disdain for the unholy union that is Activision-Blizzard, the game is good fun and well put together. I still stand by my opinion though that the game is essentially Starcraft 1 remade.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ISuperGamerI
@RsistncE said:
" Beyond my general rage and disdain for the unholy union that is Activision-Blizzard, the game is good fun and well put together. I still stand by my opinion though that the game is essentially Starcraft 1 remade. "
Well that might be true but the campaign's story is a continuation.
Progman9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Progman9000

Love it.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By zidane_24

Love what I've played so far. Need to find other non-stellar RTS players to practice up with, but the SP's been a lot of fun so far (20 missions in).
s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By s10129107

The SP was excellent.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By RobertOrri

Good things:

- The game has a fun singleplayer campaign
- The multiplayer is still good, like in SC1
- The map editor is super powerful

Bad things:
- Battle.net 2.0 is horrible
- Custom map support is almost non-existant
- Region locking
- No clans
- No chat rooms

Blizzard has gotten too greedy over the years, and they now seek absolute control over the consumer's experience.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaptainObvious

I think it's great.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By crusader8463

It was meh. I played the single player and lost interest about half way in. Kept going anyway, but was let down by the ending. I have zero interest in playing it online so the rest of it holds no appeal to me what so ever.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Levio

Multi starts fun but gets boring.  Expect to use the same strats over and over (and over).
Single's missions could have been made in WC3, no real improvement. Most were just base builders with a somewhat interesting thing to kill.
In-between mission hub was fantastic.
Story was VERY slow, its 28 mission story had as many plot twists as the 10 mission stories from WC3 and SC1, but with many more side missions that help characterize people.
Continuining upgrades added some needed depth to the singleplayer.
Customs are currently very boring but have by far the most possibility of future improvement:  WC3 customs got freaking awesome, and SC2 has a superior editor.

Overall worth 60 bucks for a rts fan but not much more.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Wait, what is the spank monster unit? Is it part of the Zerg or something? I can't seem to find anything about it online, but I keep hearing of it. If anyone knows, please tell me.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I'll be borrowing it this weekend but I doubt I'll end up buying it.  I'm more of a solo person and since I know a lot of things wrong with the solo, it's a 99% deal breaker.
sammccallum16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By sammccallum16

As was said on TNT; it's a really fun game to watch so I'm enjoying it in that aspect. I don't own a computer capable of running any sort of game right now. :-/

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FacelessVixen

If I could, I'd buy something like this so I can actually play it.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By DoctorWelch

Honestly, I havent played any other game, except a little bit of madden, since it came out. Blizzard seems to have a knack for getting me to play their game and only their game for a long time. The one thing I will say is that Zerg are way too underpowered. Everyone says that Terran is OP but I dont agree as much as I used to. I think Protoss is pretty even its just that Protoss is a bit harder to play, but I think a good Protoss player has a 50/50 chance to beat a Terran player of similar skill. My problem is with the Zerg. They are by far the worst race in the game. Almost all their units except for the broodlords suck. Siege tanks cut through every single Zerg unit like a knife through butter, its pathetic. I'm in gold and I am not the best player ever, but if I go 4 racks, pump out the marines and marauders, get stim plus upgrades, and rush in the first 5 min, I really dont see how a Zerg player could stop me even if they knew it was coming. They really need to do something to buf up the Zerg because right now, they are garbage.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ISuperGamerI
@DoctorWelch said:
" Honestly, I havent played any other game, except a little bit of madden, since it came out. Blizzard seems to have a knack for getting me to play their game and only their game for a long time. The one thing I will say is that Zerg are way too underpowered. Everyone says that Terran is OP but I dont agree as much as I used to. I think Protoss is pretty even its just that Protoss is a bit harder to play, but I think a good Protoss player has a 50/50 chance to beat a Terran player of similar skill. My problem is with the Zerg. They are by far the worst race in the game. Almost all their units except for the broodlords suck. Siege tanks cut through every single Zerg unit like a knife through butter, its pathetic. I'm in gold and I am not the best player ever, but if I go 4 racks, pump out the marines and marauders, get stim plus upgrades, and rush in the first 5 min, I really dont see how a Zerg player could stop me even if they knew it was coming. They really need to do something to buf up the Zerg because right now, they are garbage. "
I think that all of the races are balanced, but I do agree that Terran need to get nerfed cause the stupid Reaper rush is ridiculous.