Thoughts on Marvel's Jessica Jones so far?

• 103 results
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@golguin: I'm with you there, though I do enjoy the stories that really delve into that fine line being the division between him and them.

But it's something I appreciated here, where the question was basically "how the hell do you deal with a mind controlling villian," and their answer was you just fuckin gotta kill him. Stark or Cap might've jimmied up some way to contain him, but fuckin whatever, they've killed a bunch of dudes. Come to think of it, a lot of Marvel stuff has high bodycounts. Daredevil is probably the first one where not killing was an actual focus for him. I kinda like that.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By jakob187

I can't believe that I never came back to this thread to finish my thoughts after watching the entire series. Here are those thoughts: the show sucked ass. Too slow for its own good, Doctor Who was a pathetic excuse of a villain, and the motivation they give for his villainy just makes him a wimpy whiner overall. That was one of the biggest downers, period. They had this incredibly vile, pure evil fuckstain of a man for a villain to portray, and there was no point where I felt like he was genuinely threatening or vicious, beyond maybe the fact that he had his father mutilated to death. Even then, that felt light by comparison of what the character SHOULD'VE been. The one thing I enjoyed about the show was Rosario Dawson showing up as Night Nurse and her verbal exchange with Malcolm. Beyond that, there were too many inconsistencies that just drove me absolutely insane, and it never lived up to the genuine brilliance of what Bendis was writing in the Alias comics.

Krysten Ritter has a sweet ass, though.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Finished this over the weekend. Pretty underwhelming, not enough story for the amount of episodes. Daredevil TV series is much much better.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

So finished Season 2...

After a dreadfully slow first episode ... Wow blown away.

I wasnt the biggest fan of Season 1; felt it had a lot of filler episodes that dragged out what was otherwise a good story.

Season 2 elevates the medium though and I'm going to go ahead a put it up as the number one Netflix/Marvel production so far. I'd even in put it there on the pedestal with Deadpool and Logan for breaking the mold on what can be done with the genre.