Today I cancelled my Premium Subscription.

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rcath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Who is bitter?

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I get it man. I’ve been thinking about canceling my subscription as well. They finished the features I cared about and I don’t mind fast forward through podcast ads. Frankly the past year has made it hard. I disagree with the crew on a lot of things (and probably most of the people in the community for that matter) but I still like them and I like what they do. So maybe I’ll still fork over the few bucks a month to support them and continue enjoying ad free podcast, even though I’m starting to have a hard time listening to all of them.

And I get why you would make a post like this. GB was once a very big part of my life. Hell i cried when Ryan died more than I cried when some family has died. It’s been a strange thing to not care about it as much anymore.

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By applegong

Yeah, I kinda feel similar too, so I didn't renew. But I think it's just a general process of coming to grips with passing time and feeling nostalgic. Nothing has to be current and up to date at all times as the ravages of time will swallow us whole in the end and moreover I feel we are the vessel of sentiments wallowing in cherished loop of positive feedbacks and memories. So get what you can glean from the site that still rekindle in you that magic, and know that you're going to be welcome to the community whenever if you decide to come back. Happy trails!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

One day, there will be a day when someone cancels their subscription and goes gracefully into that good night without announcing it to everyone else.

But not today.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One day, there will be a day when someone cancels their subscription and goes gracefully into that good night without announcing it to everyone else.

But not today.

This is a bias. You don't hear from the people who cancels without leaving a post, or conversely, you only hear from people who both un-subs and leave a goodbye post when in fact lots of people maybe unsubbing quietly.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeofcreation: It probably is! With some of the things people have said here I don't know anymore.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to think OP is just sitting back and saying to him/her self "gottem."

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ghost_cat: There is perhaps some irony in the fact that many people who make a post about leaving cite "inactive forums" as a reason (not that this OP did), and then those threads become some of the most active ones.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By OurSin_360

@lanechanger said:
@captain_insano said:

But not today.

This is a bias. You don't hear from the people who cancels without leaving a post, or conversely, you only hear from people who both un-subs and leave a goodbye post when in fact lots of people maybe unsubbing quietly.

I unsubbed a while ago, not for any reason other than justifying the cost. I still enjoy the site, but Videogames just can't be a priority for me anymore. (unless I decide to make them or do some sorta youtube/giantbomb esq type of content at some point). I may come back at some point if I can justify the cost again. I am still fairly active on the forums though, just not as much I used to be.