Tofu Never Dies. Sigh

Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jennacide

Anybody who has been keeping up to date on the latest games has heard about Super Meat Boy. And anybody who has been keeping up to date on the latest games newscan’t have missed the story about how much PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) absolutely positively hate Super Meat Boy.

Super Meat Boy is a game currently on X-Box and PC, which tells the tale of a small cube of meat named Meat Boy who must save his girlfriend Bandage Girl from the diabolical Dr Fetus. In response to this, PETA created their version of the game ‘Super Tofu Boy’.

“Meat Boy is a vengeful, bloody cube of rotting animal flesh. And he smells,” were the extremely mature words featured on the PETA website.  In the PETA version of the game, Meat Boy is the bad guy, who goes on a rampage once Bandage Girl dumps him for Tofu Boy.  PETA explains “o nce Bandage Girl slept with Tofu Boy and saw all that he had to offer, it was bye-bye beef, hello bean curd."

To me that says, “PETA doesn’t like people eating meat, but being a hussy is a-ok.” And that’s really not a-ok in my books. Also, to view the game on their website takes you to a violently blood splattered page which looks something like this:

Nothing like a page splattered with gore to make me want to listen to something someone has to say.

Also, PETA make  numerous references to tofu being tasty, meaning that they have created this allegedly lovable character, who is going to do all these things and become deemed “super”, and then devour him. NOT VERY ETHICAL PETA. Think of all the little Vegan children you’ve just scarred for life.
“But Mummy, I don’t WANNA eat Tofu Boy!”
“Shutup Timmy and eat your beans!”

Animals are life. PETA wants to protect life. But plants are living. And beans are plants. Therefore, aren’t PETA forcing a diet choice on everybody that causes them to eat something that technically goes against what they stand for anyway? Hmmm

I respect PETA and everything they stand for. But it just seems to me that they’ve taken a fantastic idealogy and belief, and completely ruined all their good work by making the general public hate them with stunts like this. Making the population hate you by pushing your diets on them and making them feel guilty for not conforming to your ideals isn’t any way to win fans.

And with that said and done, I think I’m gonna go and grab myself a steak for dinner.

Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jennacide

Anybody who has been keeping up to date on the latest games has heard about Super Meat Boy. And anybody who has been keeping up to date on the latest games newscan’t have missed the story about how much PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) absolutely positively hate Super Meat Boy.

Super Meat Boy is a game currently on X-Box and PC, which tells the tale of a small cube of meat named Meat Boy who must save his girlfriend Bandage Girl from the diabolical Dr Fetus. In response to this, PETA created their version of the game ‘Super Tofu Boy’.

“Meat Boy is a vengeful, bloody cube of rotting animal flesh. And he smells,” were the extremely mature words featured on the PETA website.  In the PETA version of the game, Meat Boy is the bad guy, who goes on a rampage once Bandage Girl dumps him for Tofu Boy.  PETA explains “o nce Bandage Girl slept with Tofu Boy and saw all that he had to offer, it was bye-bye beef, hello bean curd."

To me that says, “PETA doesn’t like people eating meat, but being a hussy is a-ok.” And that’s really not a-ok in my books. Also, to view the game on their website takes you to a violently blood splattered page which looks something like this:

Nothing like a page splattered with gore to make me want to listen to something someone has to say.

Also, PETA make  numerous references to tofu being tasty, meaning that they have created this allegedly lovable character, who is going to do all these things and become deemed “super”, and then devour him. NOT VERY ETHICAL PETA. Think of all the little Vegan children you’ve just scarred for life.
“But Mummy, I don’t WANNA eat Tofu Boy!”
“Shutup Timmy and eat your beans!”

Animals are life. PETA wants to protect life. But plants are living. And beans are plants. Therefore, aren’t PETA forcing a diet choice on everybody that causes them to eat something that technically goes against what they stand for anyway? Hmmm

I respect PETA and everything they stand for. But it just seems to me that they’ve taken a fantastic idealogy and belief, and completely ruined all their good work by making the general public hate them with stunts like this. Making the population hate you by pushing your diets on them and making them feel guilty for not conforming to your ideals isn’t any way to win fans.

And with that said and done, I think I’m gonna go and grab myself a steak for dinner.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FCKSNAP

They're adding Tofu boy to the PC version of Super Meat Boy. I'm so excited right now! 

This is my face right now.
 This is my face right now.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

I hope the jump button for Tofu Boy is explode and crashes your game in the process.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio

Don't be jealous because Tofu Boy is better at sex AND treats Bandage Girl better than Meat Boy did. 

Also, Animals are not plants. But who cares, anyways, I mean most of the ground "meat" from fast food places comes from human and animal remains...

Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jennacide
@Emilio: Pokemon animals can be plants
Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jennacide
@Snapstacle: Hahahahaha! Love it! 
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Emilio
@Jennacide:  
Pokemon aren't real. :c 

I mean, yeah, they sure are Super Real. I have like two arcanines and stuff.
Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jennacide
@Emilio: ....*world shatters*
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Sambambo

"How many members of PETA does it take to change a lightbulb?"

"None, as PETA cant change anything"

That was something that the creators of SMB said that made me chuckle.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scrawnto
@Jennacide: It's pretty silly. After all, aren't people made of meat? Is being made of meat somehow anti-animal? Meat Boy is clearly not intended for consumption, so their antagonism makes no sense.
Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jennacide
@SuperSambo: I read that over at Kotaku. It made me laugh. I've also heard the same joke, but about Feminists rather than PETA.  

Both are equally funny :P
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Emilio
@Jennacide:  
OH NO I'm SORRY WHAT HAVE I DONE?? WHAT HAVE I DONE?? 

@SuperSambo:  
Its kind of a dick joke, but I mean, what does that mean? Deep down, could it mean that a big group, or big organization like PETA has no power whatsoever to change anything about the world. Or saying their message ultimately means nothing, and has been doing nothing for however long they've been around? 

I hope that means that they haven't been receiving money from people, and that their money will ultimately go towards nothing but somebody's pocket. 

P.S. 

I had some water today. I am glad my state does not poison my drinking water (which they do).
Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Raymayne

"  “Meat Boy is a vengeful, bloody cube of rotting animal flesh. And he smells,” were the extremely mature words featured on the PETA website" 

Wait...you....you think they were serious? 0_0 Y-....you don't realise it was just a joke? 

I give up.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By FCKSNAP
@Emilio: The Super Meat Boy guys tweeted about how PETA spent way more money on that throw-away parody than the SMB guys did on SMB. Donation money at work!
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Skald
@Snapstacle said:

" @Emilio: The Super Meat Boy guys tweeted about how PETA spent way more money on that throw-away parody than the SMB guys did on SMB. Donation money at work! "

And yet Super Meat Boy has two things that Super Tofu Boy never will: functional controls and good level design.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Haha. Oh, PETA.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By GunnBjorn

Ah, and here I was, thinking you were talking about real tofu. Even though I'm a vegetarian, I don't like it. I tried it on numerous occasions in all its varieties; There's something about the consistency and texture that appalls me. Maybe some day, I'll keep trying.    
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#18  Edited By alistercat

No Caption Provided
frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By frankxiv

i think the best part about all this is that meat boy isn't even animal meat. peta lashing out against fictional people who don't have skin

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

FAT VEGAN PETA MEMBERS. WAT. The "game" is trash. Lets get PETA supporter Tommy Tallarico to do the musics! Really dumb to parody Super Meat Boy. I am still awaiting the Red Dead Redemption parody but I guess PETA doesn't wanna get their ass in trouble from a big publisher.

Also great Twitter reply. 

After seeing this, I went on to see the PETA episode of Bullshit!

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Emilio
@extremeradical said:
" @Snapstacle said:

" @Emilio: The Super Meat Boy guys tweeted about how PETA spent way more money on that throw-away parody than the SMB guys did on SMB. Donation money at work! "

And yet Super Meat Boy has two things that Super Tofu Boy never will: functional controls and good level design. "
OOOH burn, dawg!
Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jennacide
@GunnBjorn: I tried tofu. It didn't work out for me. Then I tried tofu ice-cream, thinking that it might be ok. It ruined icecream for me forever.
Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jennacide
@Raymayne: Wait. You mean.... PETA have a sense of humour? It was all a joke? IT WASN'T REAL? 

Mind=blown
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Emilio
@Jennacide:  
What does tofu ice cream taste like? 

I've heard there exists pumpkin cheesecake. I want to taste a slice.
chmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By chmod

I've been doing the whole vegan thing this year while I'm away at college. I don't mind tofu, it's not bad when cooked right. But PETA needs to shut the fuck up. There are zero animals treated unethically in this game. He's a cube of meat. PETA needs to stay away from video games and focus on stuff happening in the real world.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By bravetoaster
@AlisterCat said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
That sounds about right.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

Oh PETA... when it all comes down to it, we'll all be food for the zombies, even Tofu. So stop with the discrimination and stand with us!! 

Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jennacide
@Abyssfull: Please never mention zombies ever ever ever again.  

Number one fear in the whole entire world right there
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By meteora

Ahahha, oh PETA... 

On another note, I love the response from the developer.

phoenixflames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By phoenixflames

I find it hilarious that any mention of the word 'MEAT' makes Peta foam at the mouth. 

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BulletproofMonk
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" FAT VEGAN PETA MEMBERS. WAT. The "game" is trash. Lets get PETA supporter Tommy Tallarico to do the musics! Really dumb to parody Super Meat Boy. I am still awaiting the Red Dead Redemption parody but I guess PETA doesn't wanna get their ass in trouble from a big publisher.

Also great Twitter reply. 

After seeing this, I went on to see the PETA episode of Bullshit!
"
FUCKING TED FUCKING NUGENT. Great episode.
Jennacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jennacide

All this talk about this game is just making me hungry. And not for tofu. GG PETA

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#34  Edited By LordAndrew

There's a tip in the game that says you shouldn't eat things that have eyes.

Tofu Boy has eyes.