Too much Dan. Not that I don't like the guy.

• 119 results
Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I disagree, Dan is the best thing that could have happened to the site, just put him in everything, hell make him film his entire life, hes a really fascinating guy.

DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I appreciate the fresh opinion Dan provides to things. For example, without Dan, Smash Bros. would have just met one sided criticism, yet Dan made sure someone at the office could say "this game is fun!" not that it really matters. I guess it's just nice to have more differing opinions.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The recent Dead Island quick look with Dan and Brad is one of the best in recent memory. Dan saying dumb stuff mixed with Brads superior intellect is a hilarious combination.

The 6 months or so before Dan got hired it was overly apparent something new needed to happen, Dan was the perfect answer.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dan,jeff, and brad are the editors on the site. there are only so many combinations of those three people you can have man

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

My "issue" is that I don't get enough content with Vinny anymore :( There's plenty of everyone except Vinny (outside of Jason). There's tons of Patrick content, which I don't really care to consume, as well as Alex and the rest of the gang (except it feels like Jeff is starting to be in less and less content).

g6065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@landon said:

Dans the best thing that has happened to this site in a long time. It wasn't too long ago every single one of them were so down and cynical about everything. Dan has brought fun back to Giant Bomb.

So, so true. Prior to his appointment it was getting to a stage where listening to the 'cast and visiting the site was almost becoming a chore :(

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By J12088

More Dan, More mario party, More metal gear. I want more video features of Dan. Dan and someone plays N64 games. New video every day till hes played every N64 game around. Daily Dan content. Round the clock. Every hour.

Troglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, after reading through all of this, more specifically @villainy's comment I've realised that I do love Dan more than I thought I did. And although I did know there was probably reasons behind it I totally forgot about this month being busy for games, Jeffs duties as big boss man and GOTY prep. Makes total sense. Finally, without a doubt, Mario Party party is the best thing I've ever seen this site do. I love it so much.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Could you direct me to the nearest Dan pumping station?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dan's the go-to colour commentator right now, it seems. The wingman. I'm fine with that - He seems such a natural fit with whoever's driving the QL.

I'm enjoying the guy's input more than I ever thought I would. He's grown on me like that rash I had when I was 19...

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we have to complain about anything I'd go with too little Vinny.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like we get a "Too much X" every feew months. I remember it was Patrick at some point and Brad a bit later.

CountPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troglet: I am not sure what you're saying.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By pweidman

Remember Ryan? You can be really smart and wildly entertaining at the same time. Dan's an idiot, albeit a lovable one. For me it's more the gigantic hole left behind on the west coast GB with Vinny's departure, let alone still missing The Host.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

He's doing what he was specifically hired to do, bolster the creation of the regular content and develop new shows. I would agree that I prefer a more even spread of personalities (which is what makes Mario Party Party so successful), but you can't fault the man for doing his job, and doing it well.

This exactly. The site was suffering because it couldn't get out enough content down a man and Dan came in and has done that really well.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pweidman said:

Remember Ryan? You can be really smart and wildly entertaining at the same time. Dan's an idiot, albeit a lovable one. For me it's more the gigantic hole left behind on the west coast GB with Vinny's departure, let alone still missing The Host.

How's Dan an idiot? Sounds like he was just a sheltered youth before College, where most of his stories come from. Dude brute-forced his way into the video game industry, which is kind of admirable.

Syndrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think Dan's a lot smarter than he lets on. He's definitely a great addition to GB. Loving the beginnings of what could be a Dan and Brad *feud* going on.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#119  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@mcfart said:

@pweidman said:

How's Dan an idiot? Sounds like he was just a sheltered youth before College, where most of his stories come from. Dude brute-forced his way into the video game industry, which is kind of admirable.

It's more than kind of. It's really inspiring to me as someone who lacks the drive and persistence Dan has. Makes you realize how much you can step up to be more like him.

And in addition I think Dan's a smart guy. You can be smart and eat like an idiot or just say dumb stuff. Get drunk. I know people like that.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#120  Edited By mrfluke

Dan AND Jason were easily the best hires the site could have ever made, i personally think they recharged this site's "enthusiasm" since they came aboard.

I even chatted with some of your folks at Pax Prime and we agreed that Dan reminds us of Ryan in the best way possible.

so i personally dont mind seeing the guy in a ton of videos.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#121  Edited By conmulligan

I don't really have a problem with Dan's visibility so much as I wish the other guys were more involved. It's understandable why Jeff and Brad might be a bit tied up however, especially this time of year. I am a bit surprised by the number of people comparing Dan to Vinny and Ryan, though. Aside from the fact that very few people will come out on the good side of that equation, I think there's a big distinction between Dan's brand of puerile humour and Vinny/Ryan's. I also never got the sense that they were one bad remark away from saying something legitimately offensive and alienating a bunch of people, which is a lingering concern I have with Dan. That's maybe a bit unfair on my part, but I can't shake it for the life of me.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

But there is a reason for that. They knew their space & time at TVGuide.com was limted, but they still had to make some sorts of setup. That was a lot fo effort without much return but it needed to be done. Now they are at CBSi offices with a refurbished studio space being only now constructed, yet that is where their offices are....so they need to get settled there all over again. What I do hope, is they manage is to drag in a few weirdos from that office to be on camera. I have no clue what happens at that CBSi office in addition to CNet, but even tapping some of that talent to come hang out once in awhile would be cool.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ElixirBronze
@monkeyking1969 said:
@elixirbronze said:

But there is a reason for that. They knew their space & time at TVGuide.com was limted, but they still had to make some sorts of setup. That was a lot fo effort without much return but it needed to be done. Now they are at CBSi offices with a refurbished studio space being only now constructed, yet that is where their offices are....so they need to get settled there all over again. What I do hope, is they manage is to drag in a few weirdos from that office to be on camera. I have no clue what happens at that CBSi office in addition to CNet, but even tapping some of that talent to come hang out once in awhile would be cool.

No, even before that office change there wasn't enough. I'm sure he's busy like hell during the day, but I can't help but miss him on the podcasts, on the live shows (those mini liveshows with alex aren't the same) and on Quick Looks with the guys in SF (a Dan and Vinny QL would be great).

@conmulligan said:

I also never got the sense that they were one bad remark away from saying something legitimately offensive and alienating a bunch of people, which is a lingering concern I have with Dan.

Well, Ryan actually did that once... He apologised about it in a good way however.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#124  Edited By viking_funeral

I kind of wish Vinny was still around with Dan now on the cast. I would love to see them riff together.

Dan is on a lot of vids, but he's open minded and entertaining. So I don't mind.

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just makes me really, really miss Jeff/Vinny videos.