Twin Peaks - "Beyond Life and Death".....What?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

Just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 (still have the movie left) and uhhhh, not really sure what the fuck happened that last 15 minutes....not really sure what happened at all...

So does anyone have ideas what all that stuff means? Know of any breakdowns/synopsis I could read to help explain that craziness? I highly doubt the movie will solve any of that stuff. I read one thing and it seemed to explain some stuff but I would like to read some more regarding all the symbolism

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The real Cooper was stuck in the Red Room and the one in the hotel was doppelganger possed by Bob.

Or something.

A word of warning about Fire Walk With Me; It's very different than the series. I personally love it, but a lot of people seem to hate it.

doomguy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Damn I wish they did a final season or a follow movie to further to story. Season 2 finale was too abrupt and bleak, made it look like there was no hope left for cooper.

Twin Peak fans, check out "The Killing" US version. Goes only the same lines as Twin Peaks minus the setting and supernatural themes.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

been seeing a lot of twin peaks talk lately, and it's freaking me out since i started watching it yesterday and literally just finished season 1 a minute ago.

>_>

<_<

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I really loved season one and part of season two up until the murderer was found. Things went downhill super fucking fast after that and I just had to quit.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Damn I wish they did a final season or a follow movie to further to story. Season 2 finale was too abrupt and bleak, made it look like there was no hope left for cooper.

Twin Peak fans, check out "The Killing" US version. Goes only the same lines as Twin Peaks minus the setting and supernatural themes.

So minus the things everyone loves about Twin Peaks? Gotcha.

Haha, I know what you were getting at, but I just thought that was funny. The concept of solving a murder over the course of a season or two is actually a good one, as long as they have it all plotted out (which I heard The Killing didn't, right)?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 (still have the movie left) and uhhhh, not really sure what the fuck happened that last 15 minutes....not really sure what happened at all...

So does anyone have ideas what all that stuff means? Know of any breakdowns/synopsis I could read to help explain that craziness? I highly doubt the movie will solve any of that stuff. I read one thing and it seemed to explain some stuff but I would like to read some more regarding all the symbolism

Real Cooper is stuck in the black lodge and can't leave. The doppelganger, with Bob in him, is now free to roam Earth so that he can kill again through Cooper as he did through Laura's Dad. Watch Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me to get a little more of a back story as it gives a little more detail. That last episode is so fucking awesome!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrighteous86 said:

@doomguy64 said:

So minus the things everyone loves about Twin Peaks? Gotcha.

Haha, I know what you were getting at, but I just thought that was funny. The concept of solving a murder over the course of a season or two is actually a good one, as long as they have it all plotted out (which I heard The Killing didn't, right)?

The Killing wasn't great. Especially season two. There were good parts to it, but the whole thing just kind of dragged on and on. And yes, The Killing is essentially Twin Peaks with none of the charm.

I liked it enough to check out season three though.

@doomguy64 said:

BELIEVE
BELIEVE

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I never watched Twin Peaks but let's say that i really like X-Files and had a great time with some of the more campy episodes like "War of the Coprophages" or "Clyde Bruckmann's Final Repose" would i like this show?

Or maybe i get it completely wrong. It's the impression i get from the show by reading the wikipedia page.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus: The only way to find out is to give it a try. It's very different than The X-Files, but I do think if you like the X-Files there's probably a bit of built-in appeal though.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mellotronrules

@jasonr86 said:

@nightriff said:

Real Cooper is stuck in the black lodge and can't leave. The doppelganger, with Bob in him, is now free to roam Earth so that he can kill again through Cooper as he did through Laura's Dad. Watch Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me to get a little more of a back story as it gives a little more detail. That last episode is so fucking awesome!

this. but also the show got canceled, and from what i understand that had a profound impact on the final episodes. they packed a lot in without any hope of resolution. but oddly enough, i sort of like it that way...the show marched to the beat of its own drum, and god damn if it didn't finish that way as well.

edit: WHERE'S ANNIE!?

doomguy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrighteous86: Yeah its plotted throughout the two seasons and it does drag at times but characters like holder and a few others really make the show shine.

@soapy86: I really do hope Lynch makes a return to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man, as good as the first season is, and the second season is up until the resolution of Laura's death, the following 10 or so episodes really devolve into some ham-fisted, melodramatic shit.

Yes, it somewhat saves itself at the end, but if I ever rewatch it, I'd probably just skip straight from the reveal to the last two episodes. As far as I can remember, a ton of the stuff that happens between those two points basically goes by the wayside in the finale.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sense this has kinda turned into Twin Peaks discussion, I thought season 2 was great, not as good as 1 of course but overall I enjoyed the ride. Until Laura's Death and anything with Earle was fantastic, everything else was hit or miss, James side story was awful and Horne and the Civil war was stupid as shit.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never watched the last 9 episodes of "Twin Peaks."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomguy64: Holder was a great character. He was the main reason I kept watching after a certain point.

@nightriff: I agree. I think season two gets a lot of undeserved shit flung its way. There's a run of five or six episodes in the middle that aren't great that are kind of rough to get through, but the rest of season two is mostly pretty good. It has a lot of great moments and a few of the best episodes of the series, including the best episode in my opinion.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nightriff

@soapy86: What do you think is the best episode? I don't think I could narrow it to 1 specific one because I have only seen it once but more a lot of memorable moments. Anytime the other FBI agents showed up were classic, Gordon was my favorite; the relationship between Audrey and Cooper was fantastic and was very sad to see it end for no apparent reason; everything Pete related.

Anyone have a good reason for Josie shooting Cooper? I still don't understand why she did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on episode 15 and need a place to vent. I kept watching after the muder was resolved because I was realy interested in the lodge stuff and figured that would take center stage, but the framing and the leo shit and josie's bullcrap is making it rough to get through.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

I'm on episode 15 and need a place to vent. I kept watching after the muder was resolved because I was realy interested in the lodge stuff and figured that would take center stage, but the framing and the leo shit and josie's bullcrap is making it rough to get through.

Just skip ahead to the last three episodes. The last episode is genius.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#22  Edited By pyromagnestir

@theht:

Heh. That's exactly the episode that I stopped watching about halfway through and didn't finish until half a year later, back when I was watching the show a couple years ago. Also I think that's the episode the ratings bottomed out and they decided to pull the plug on the series. So yeah. It's pretty bad.

The final 4ish episodes do get interesting though. Just fast forward past the bullshit you don't like and watch only the Cooper scenes, is what I would recommend doing until then.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, the middle portion of Season 2 is pretty brutal with James and all that useless bullshit but once that is over with the end episodes are fantastic. I don't agree with the assumption that Season 2 is bad and no one should watch it, but it does have its rough patches.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheHT

@theht:

Heh. That's exactly the episode that I stopped watching about halfway through and didn't finish until half a year later, back when I was watching the show a couple years ago. Also I think that's the episode the ratings bottomed out and they decided to pull the plug on the series. So yeah. It's pretty bad.

The final 4ish episodes do get interesting though. Just fast forward past the bullshit you don't like and watch only the Cooper scenes, is what I would recommend doing until then.

i just finished episode 16 and my hope is restored. the drawer handle Coop. THE DRAWER HANDLE.

admittedly i got some enjoyment over brown tooth lady convulsing on the ground and truman's fist smack and "LET IT GOOOOO". there's only a few episodes left before the ones you and JasonR86 say get good, so i'll stick with it and keep playing solitaire during the shitty segments.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey gang, that ending sure is a real hoot.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

hey gang, that ending sure is a real hoot.

It's awesome isn't it? The whole episode is fantastic.