TWIN PEAKS: The Entire Mystery (July 29, 2014)

• 65 results
Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By PimblyCharles

This is a little off topic of this thread, but still somewhat related. A small cameo by Sherilyn Fenn, who played Audrey in Twin Peaks, was on Ray Donovan last night. It looks like she may have a prominent role in this coming season.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cashbailey: Lara Flynn Boyle before things got dark.

So I have only watched the first season of Twin Peaks. The last thing I ever saw about Twin Peaks is a door opening and a handgun going off. From everything I've heard, that's a wonderful place to leave it.

Hard to say. The second season definitely isn't as good as the first, but it has one hell of an ending.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird... I'm a huge David Lynch fan, I love everything from Eraserhead to Elephant Man to Six Men Getting Sick Six Times, but I've only ever seen the first episode of Twin Peaks. I really need to rectify that.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

It's weird... I'm a huge David Lynch fan, I love everything from Eraserhead to Elephant Man to Six Men Getting Sick Six Times, but I've only ever seen the first episode of Twin Peaks. I really need to rectify that.

Yes you do. Twin Peaks' cinematography delves into the brilliant, absurd and out right awkward territories. Wait, that's every David Lynch film/production...

Here's the GB tagline for this series:

If you like Deadly Premonition, it's a crime not to watch Twin Peaks.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By armaan8014

Really excited. Gotta thank Giantbomb for introducing me to this show. Saw it right after GB finished the Deadly Premonition ER :D

dotpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The Blu-Ray set is so good.

I got my copy yesterday and Fire Walk With Me looks incredible in HD and they did a bang up job with the audio. The deleted/extended scenes got the same treatment as the film and look/sound just as incredible. The scenes themselves are a little hit or miss, but if you are fan of the series you should be more than happy with them.

I've only watched the first three episodes of the series, but it looks much better than the old DVDs. The addition of surround sound is also really nice. You don't realize how much audio you were missing until you hear it in surround sound.

It is clear that I lot of love and care went into this box set.

Evan223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Evan223

As someone who own's the gold box set on DVD and Fire Walk With Me on Blu-Ray already, is it worth dropping £50 on this?

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I have never seen the show, should I watch the seasons first or the movie?

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By fetchfox

I've been waiting a long time for this set, finally!

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

If I have never seen the show, should I watch the seasons first or the movie?

From what I have heard (haven't watched the movie yet) you really need to watch the show first. While the film takes place first chronologically (for the most part), it spoils who killed Laura Palmer, which would really take some of the wind out of the sails for the show since you already know who the killer is. Another thing is there are certain aspects of the film that expand on what happens at the end of the second season.

dotpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@evan223 said:

As someone who own's the gold box set on DVD and Fire Walk With Me on Blu-Ray already, is it worth dropping £50 on this?

If you are a big fan of the series then I think it is absolutely worth it. You've got the best looking version of both the movie and the show plus they've added a bunch of new special features that are exclusive to the new set including the FWWM deleted/extended scenes.

It is a lot of money and this isn't going to be a limited run type of deal so you could always hold off and wait for it to get cheaper.

Avatar image for lostinthemovies
LostInTheMovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By LostInTheMovies

@brodehouse: "So I have only watched the first season of Twin Peaks. The last thing I ever saw about Twin Peaks is a door opening and a handgun going off. From everything I've heard, that's a wonderful place to leave it."

Terrible place to leave it, actually!

"Season 2" gets thrown around as if it's all one thing. It's not. The first 7 episodes have some of the best moments in the entire series, and episode 14 is one of two contenders for best episode ever (not just of Twin Peaks, like ever-ever). The other contender is the series finale. Plus you get to find out who the killer is (weren't you just a little bit curious? I've never understood how people could willingly stop at the end of season one) and learn much more about the darkness and tragedy at the core of Twin Peaks, haunting it from the first image.

The middle of season 2 is what you've been hearing about. It is remarkably weak and desperate but things pick up a bit in the end and then the finale, as already noted, is among the best bits of television - strike that, among the best bits of cinema - you'll ever see.

And much as people would like to dismiss the prequel film Fire Walk With Me, it's an essential part of the experience as well. No, it doesn't fit the tone of the series and it's not supposed to. It reminds viewers that beneath the fun murder mystery was a brutal murder (and life preceding it) - and if you know Lynch he's always about the darkness as well as the light. It also has sequences of stunning surrealism, a remarkable performance (by Sheryl Lee), and a far more redemptive ending than the series itself.

Get back to it, brodehouse! You don't know what you're missing.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I know about Fire Walk With Me is that David Bowie is in it at some point, and that actually is all I need to know.

I'm three or four (I move very slowly) episodes in to the series proper, which is really something else. As a dude whose sister was super-into soap operas growing up, the parody element of the show really works for me.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Roomrunner

HERE IS HOW YOU WATCH THE SECOND SEASON OF TWIN PEAKS AND STILL ENJOY IT

A) You have to think of Twin Peaks as a town that exists outside of the drama surrounding the Laura Palmer case. It's been around before that, and will continue to be after the case is cracked. Twin Peaks is a weird town full of weird people doing weird things. I like to think of all the second season shenanigans as what the town is like on a day to day basis. I know the reality is there are a dozen characters that are useless now that they are no longer suspects, and the writers refuse to kill them off. Just enjoy the characters being themselves and living their silly lives for a bit.

B) Keep reminding yourself of the reward in the end, because the final episode is pretty much the craziest thing to ever air on national TV.

C) Hit the fast forward button every time you see James or Dick Tremayne on your television screen. They are buzzkill monsters in their respective generes (drama / comedy). Doing this alone will increase your enjoyment of the series buy at least 70%. Just pretend that Windam Earle kills them, instead of two nameless drifters.