United Nations declares no-fly zone over Libya

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CmdrSheppard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CmdrSheppard
chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By chan05

It was about time if you ask me

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By illmatic19

I'm okay with this.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DougQuaid
CmdrSheppard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CmdrSheppard
@chan05 said:
" It was about time if you ask me "
This.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By wrighteous86

I guess you didn't like the other thread about this?

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By beej
@CmdrSheppard said:

" @chan05 said:

" It was about time if you ask me "
This. "
So I take it you're going to step up and join the military to support the violence that you think needs to happen right? Because that makes more sense to me than having people who might be in the military because of purely fiscal concerns who don't support the war fighting it for you while you stay here and post about video games on the internet.
Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Jayzilla
@Wrighteous86 said:
" I guess you didn't like the other thread about this? "
or maybe wading through these forums can be a pain sometimes.  or they missed it. i like to save the snarky comments on double threads for people that are obviously trolling. this thread isn't a troll thread.  

on topic: i am 100% ok with this. I remember when the stuff with libya was going on in the 80's. it was my first real time in my life being able to understand war/conflict etc. i think the US should stay out of it though. the UN can draw upon other world forces for this one.
KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By KarlPilkington

At least you spelt Libya correctly.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wrighteous86
@Jayzilla:
It was a joke... relax.  If you want to comment on this situation, you should probably go to the main thread.
chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chan05
@beej: No I wouldn't. But that's not the point. Somebody has to stop the crimes that are commited over there..its genocide! I got a lot of respect for USA, France and the other countries which participate....im from germany and like always we don't participate..which is wrong if you ask me. Big thanks to all the soldiers trying to stop this from going on until all freedom in libya is gone
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By beej
@chan05: That absolutely is the point, when you consider that the majority of our forces are made up of poor, immigrants, and minorities it becomes highly relevant, especially when we consider that this will most likely be funded via a tax on future generations. 
So basically your statement is "society's worst treated members ought to go die at the expense of other people so that I can see my political will enforced" If stopping Ghadafi is a moral imperative then why isn't it your moral imperative to help? Hell, war is a political action, why is it that we allow this political action to unfairly share the cost of engaging in it?
chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chan05
@beej: So you mean everybody should mind its own business? Feel lucky for not being born in Libya then!!
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wrighteous86
@beej: I think it's every country's right to do whatever they can to prevent atrocities when it comes to indirect actions, like denying trade and isolating the country from the rest of the world.  I only think it's a moral imperative to act directly when it comes to a ruler murdering his own citizens, and at a time like that, I think it's something nations should unite against.  That was the whole point of the UN (it just didn't wind up working that way).  

Do you not think there's any instance where foreign countries should intervene? 
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By beej
@chan05: Not what I'm saying at all, go reread it sir. But please go ahead and quote me where I say that. Or you could realize that I'm complaining about the unfair burden that military action imposes on the already disadvantaged. And how if it's a moral imperative it ought to be your moral imperative to help shouldn't it?
trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By trace