Video Game Site Politics

momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By momentarylogic

You could apply this argument to almost any big business, including movies.. But consider if gaming sites were viewed as Politically slanted or motivated.

I would consider Giant Bomb as a Democratically angled video game site, as they promote user input and talors their information toward what gamers want as opposed to what gamers should like based on the money placed in marketing. I consider sites like Kotaku or Game Trailers as Republican due to their deemphasis on gamer input with the use of independent forums, taloring their content to a biased view of what is happening in the industry, and empasising game quality based on the 'current' games in the market. Any thoughts/insight?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RsistncE

WHY must Americans put everything in terms of political party alignment or ideology. It's one of the things that annoys me so much about US citizens (the ones that do such of a thing of course).

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Gunner
RsistncE said:
WHY must Americans put everything in terms of political party alignment or ideology. It's one of the things that annoys ... [more]
because depending on what person/party gets elected, bad/good things can happen.

You have to keep up to date with this shit.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RsistncE
@Gunner: More like everyone is brainwashed into thinking politics are everything, when the truth is that politics are really just a whole pile of bullshit. You can't say anything in the US without getting stamped as a "liberal" or "conservative". Even in Canada it's quite annoying at points. The worst part is the religious mixing in this political ideology shitstorm. I'm glad I don't live down there for that reason and many others.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike
RsistncE said:
WHY must Americans put everything in terms of political party alignment or ideology. It's one of the things that annoys ... [more]
The reason why it may seem to you that so many more Americans politicize things is because there are about ten times as many of us as there are Canadians on the Internet. It's all relative, I'm sure there just as high a percentage of other nationalities that are guilty of this behavior, too.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Drebin_893

Well, there's a poster of Barack Obama in the upstairs offices.