Watchmen; not just for fanboys

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ShiroMe

I am sick to death of all the elitist fanboys wining about Watchmen. So many complaints are about how they cut out some insignificant part or the sad look in somebody's face. Well you know what; Peter Parker was suppose to be with Gwen Stacy first, Constantine wasn’t suppose to be some emo wannabe American, Wolverine should have been a short burly man. But we don’t always get what we want, and what we want doesn’t always make a good movie.

Now I’ve never read the comic, but from what I know; the main story was left intact. Doomsday clock, unknown villain, questionable morals and gritty truths. fans need to stop comparing the movie to the mind altering book they read when they were at an impressionable age. You will come up short every time. You can only experience a story for the first time once.

A lot of the fans want you to believe that if you have never read the book, then you will have no chance of understanding the story and will not like this movie. This could not be farther from the truth. The movie was so well executed that I felt by the end, I new each and every character intimately. Some of the original heroes may be a bit of a mystery, but the opening credits I thought did an excellent job of telling their story and setting up the altered reality in which the story takes place.

Many complain that the identity of the assassin is too obvious. No, it is not. It never showed that character fight, so I had no idea he could do something like that. And at the time, there was no reason to suspect him either. Some also complain that the ending has changed. I don’t know what the original ending was, but I thought the ending was great. (except for the snow leopard with horns)

My point is; the book may be better, but the movie is total badass. So if a fanboy starts talking to you, just plug your ears and walk away.

This by the way, is now one of my favorite movies of all time. Can’t wait for the Blueray.

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ShiroMe

I am sick to death of all the elitist fanboys wining about Watchmen. So many complaints are about how they cut out some insignificant part or the sad look in somebody's face. Well you know what; Peter Parker was suppose to be with Gwen Stacy first, Constantine wasn’t suppose to be some emo wannabe American, Wolverine should have been a short burly man. But we don’t always get what we want, and what we want doesn’t always make a good movie.

Now I’ve never read the comic, but from what I know; the main story was left intact. Doomsday clock, unknown villain, questionable morals and gritty truths. fans need to stop comparing the movie to the mind altering book they read when they were at an impressionable age. You will come up short every time. You can only experience a story for the first time once.

A lot of the fans want you to believe that if you have never read the book, then you will have no chance of understanding the story and will not like this movie. This could not be farther from the truth. The movie was so well executed that I felt by the end, I new each and every character intimately. Some of the original heroes may be a bit of a mystery, but the opening credits I thought did an excellent job of telling their story and setting up the altered reality in which the story takes place.

Many complain that the identity of the assassin is too obvious. No, it is not. It never showed that character fight, so I had no idea he could do something like that. And at the time, there was no reason to suspect him either. Some also complain that the ending has changed. I don’t know what the original ending was, but I thought the ending was great. (except for the snow leopard with horns)

My point is; the book may be better, but the movie is total badass. So if a fanboy starts talking to you, just plug your ears and walk away.

This by the way, is now one of my favorite movies of all time. Can’t wait for the Blueray.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I'm a huge fan of the book and I was not disappointed with the movie.

Besides, the opinion of any fanboy has little to no validity to begin with.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

hmm i haven't heard much complaining from fanboys over the film, most people i see seem pleased with it. cant wait for the dvd they filmed all the newstand stuff and the pirate stuff for it. 

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fynne

I'm a big comics guy and have read the Watchmen graphic novel.  I think they did a really good job with the movie.  Quite frankly, I thought the book was much too introspective to be a successful movie but they did a GREAT job of translating it.  They kept the main story intact and added enough action and mystery to keep people from getting bored.  I will be definitely getting the DVD (probably the special edition...maybe even BlueRay) when it comes out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

I saw Watchmen for the second time this past week, and it was vastly better the second time around.  It's definitely something that I suggest people HAVE to see more than once.  I was thoroughly impressed the first time, but I was impressed beyond all belief the second time.

Third and fourth time are coming this week.  = D