What are some of the weirdest/scariest dreams you have had?

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By supermonkey122

Just wondering. Last night I had a dream that Vinny died O_O... He just fell down during a live stream and Patrick was trying to wake him up, then the news came out that he died.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

I've had someone that still give me shivers down my back when I think of them... just disturbing, probably should see a psychiatrist for them.

i do remember one of being chased by a giant spider and I was driving a car, but I was like 7 years old at the time so it was really weird to me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

Imagine standing in a field of dead crows. Also, that you, like me, have a phobia of dead birds.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lunar_Aura

When I was nine I dreamed I took a pencil, reached around to the back of my head, then slammed on it really hard to decapitate myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i was in this weird forest and there were shadowy half-figures standing everywhere. people whispering my name. strange lights. then i saw a small child a little way off, huddled up in fear. i tried to run to him but he kept running off ... i couldn't keep up. then i finally caught him and his skin turned to fire in front of me and i woke up on my spaceship.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy

No clue!

I barely dream and if I do and can't remember what happened in them.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By supermonkey122

@Cloudenvy: I usually don't remember mine either.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BigChickenDinner

My weirdest dreams aren't even coherent, or physically possible, so I have trouble verbalizing them. But to say the least, a steam train that travels across a lake like a boat, is one of the more sane things that happens. My dreams are akin to a drug trip. Not quite like smoking DMT while awake, but pretty damn close. Which really isn't that surprising, considering.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By efman

Not so much a dream as conceptually one that feels like it when put through it, but sleep paralysis has to be the single most terrifying thing I've ever experienced in life.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Master_Funk

I had a dream where I was on a small boat in the middle of the sea with a blood thirsty baboon. Also had numerous nightmares where Rosie o'donnell was chasing me through the forest at night with an axe.

And those are just some of what I can remember ...

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By TheHBK

Had one this morning. Woke up at 5 and was trying to go back to sleep, and was dozing off, into that half awake half asleep state. Dreamt that I was driving my car down the freeway and was falling asleep at the wheel and that i just let it happen and lost control, then shook awake in my bed.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Morrow

My scariest dream so far is only a half-dream, as I was partially awake. It felt very strange. Do you know the phase that comes right before you really start to wake up? The point where you consist more of sub- conciousness than awareness?

I was lying in my bed, trying to move, but I couldn't. My eyes were open, but everything was blurry, and my body felt incredibly heavy, as if an invisible weight would put it down. I desperately tried reaching out with my left arm, but was unable, as if I was paralyzed. I felt a latent feeling of panic, well, as much as you can panic when half-asleep. I had a feeling someone was standing next to the right side of my bed, I tried moving my head, but was also unable to. I tried to make a noise, but I only heard a moan in my mind, nothing came out of my mouth (god bless, who knows what my neighbors would have thought).

The strangest thing was, I didn't wake up. I fell back asleep. When I woke up, really woke up this time, I remembered this, I knew I didn't dream it, that I was really struggling to wake up but somehow couldn't. Strangely I wasn't scared or felt like turning on the light or something.

I don't smoke, never drink alcohol or have any health issues. I usually have great control over my body, so I really don't know what this whole thing means.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StrikeALight

@Morrow said:

My scariest dream so far is only a half-dream, as I was partially awake. It felt very strange. Do you know the phase that comes right before you really start to wake up? The point where you consist more of sub- conciousness than awareness?

I was lying in my bed, trying to move, but I couldn't. My eyes were open, but everything was blurry, and my body felt incredibly heavy, as if an invisible weight would put it down. I desperately tried reaching out with my left arm, but was unable, as if I was paralyzed. I felt a latent feeling of panic, well, as much as you can panic when half-asleep. I had a feeling someone was standing next to the right side of my bed, I tried moving my head, but was also unable to. I tried to make a noise, but I only heard a moan in my mind, nothing came out of my mouth (god bless, who knows what my neighbors would have thought).

The strangest thing was, I didn't wake up. I fell back asleep. When I woke up, really woke up this time, I remembered this, I knew I didn't dream it, that I was really struggling to wake up but somehow couldn't. Strangely I wasn't scared or felt like turning on the light or something.

I don't smoke, never drink alcohol or have any health issues. I usually have great control over my body, so I really don't know what this whole thing means.

Its called sleep paralysis, and I've been suffering from it for years. Nothing to be concerned about, but it can be mildly distressing.

You will yourself to wake up, but are often unable to.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By efman

@Morrow I hear ya man. Sleep paralysis -- it's really disqueting. I had it happen to be, though I was able to wake myself up, even though I was aware of the fact that I was asleep, unable to make a move. From within, I strained every part of my body (head, feet, hands, fingers) until I found the stimuli to wake up. It shouldn't be happening to you often once you get your sleeping patterns more in tact, but when it does happen, there's nothing more nerve-racking, when you come to terms with what's happened.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By supermonkey122

@SimplyTron: WHAT THE FUCK

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Most dreams I only remember fragments of them and not how it was put togethger. For instance last night my dream involved everyone being lego, the air forces and Maya Rudolph who at one point lost her lego head.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Morrow

@StrikeALight said:

Its called sleep paralysis, and I've been suffering from it for years. Nothing to be concerned about, but it can be mildly distressing.

I see, I never heard of this. The only thing that really concerned me (more than the loss of control over my body) was the strange feeling that someone is standing next to my bed. I know of course there was no one, I live alone on the second floor. There was just something really intimidating about it. I guess that was just the dream part of this.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Aronman789

I had a dream where someone was stealing my car and I couldn't do anything about it because I was stuck inside a claw grab machine.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ducksworth

Dreams where I'm being chased down by whatever are usually the scariest for me regardless of how scary the monster actually is...but for whatever reason I actually find I kind of enjoy them. When I finally jump awake my heart is still beating fast but after I take a deep breath and let the safety of reality wash over me I think back and look at the dreams like a horror movie that didn't suck. Only time I don't feel that way is when there are family or friends involved in which case I turn into a little girl because I don't want to find enjoyment out of a nightmare where someone I care for got hurt.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StrikeALight
@Morrow said:

@StrikeALight said:

I see, I never heard of this. The only thing that really concerned me (more than the loss of control over my body) was the strange feeling that someone is standing next to my bed. I know of course there was no one, I live alone on the second floor. There was just something really intimidating about it. I guess that was just the dream part of this

I've never felt like there was someone else in the room with me, but that is actually meant to be a fairly common sensation / symptom of sleep paralysis - Check this out

I normally just wake up feeling slightly panicked and clammy.
Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Morrow

@StrikeALight said:

I've never felt like there was someone else in the room with me, but that is actually meant to be a fairly common sensation / symptom of sleep paralysis - Check this out I normally just wake up feeling slightly panicked and clammy.

Yeah, I read this right after you mentioned sleep paralysis :) It explains everything. I feel a lot better now, so thank you ^^

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I had one when I played Mass Effect 3, then I woke up and it was a week away. I was really pissed.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By donkeycow

I have two that really get to me. So my dog has fairly severe hip dysplasia (fact not dream) but for whatever reason he can't feel it so he trucks on just fine despite his advancing age. Anyway, i have a recurring dream where i'm walking my dog and his back legs just collapse out from under him and there's not much i can do to help him... That dream is always a bummer and freaks me the hell out, especially because chances are something like this will happen sooner or later.

My second dream is a bit more ridiculous and light hearted despite still bugging me the hell out. So in the dream i'm on the bus late at night in the raised back section (if any of you live in a city with kneeling, wheelchair accessible buses you know what i'm talking about) minding my own business. I'm the only person on the bus until a strange furry enthusiast cat person climbs aboard at the next stop. Of course, creepy cat man comes and sits at the back with me and proceeds to stare deep into my soul purring to himself softly. Slowly the purrs turn to audible meows and i look up to see him pressing the tips of his very long dangerous looking claws together in a fashion not dissimilar to how Mr. Burns places his fingers. I decide to ignore the creepy man and go back to minding my own business. Moments later however, the meowing stops and i look up just in time to see cat man leaping at me from across the aisle. Thankfully i woke up in a cold panic before i witnessed the terrible aftermath of the assault. I've always disliked Furry's, but since that dream i now see them as a potential threat... a threat which must be expelled!

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thompson820

Any time I have a nightmare it's basically one big cliché.

For instance: I'm in my bed and I can hear the sharpening of knives so I creep down the hallway and look into the kitchen. I see a trench coated figure standing with his back to me standing in front of the knife block, he suddenly whips around and laughs at me mockingly. I turn around and sprint down the hallway to my bedroom and jump back into bed. I cower in fear while his shadow slowly grows larger as he walks down the hallway sharpening a knife and laughing. After an eternity he appears in the doorway, holding two knives that shine in the darkness and laughs once more as he runs at me. I wake up.

I also had one where I went out into the kitchen and my dad was standing there having a midnight snack, I walked up to talk to him and he suddenly collpased into a massive swarm of spiders, ants, cockroaches and scorpions (I hate bugs) which proceeded to swarm all over the entire house.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By artgarcrunkle

There were Velociraptors in my house but I couldn't get away from them because I was too drunk :(

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I had a dream I married my cousin once

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By benpicko

I had a really long one about the Titanic that I wrote down for English once.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lagaroth

My third grade teacher, claws for nails, coloring changing lips, and the YMCA. I don't remember my dreams usually, but over 10 years later I remember that.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Leptok

Coming home to a dead daughter.

Watching blood and brain fluid mix in a shattered skull.

Grandfather about to have a heart attack.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nottle

One dream I had when I was really young I was in some sort of catholic church/ school, and it was just strange, I'm not even catholic. I can't think of more other than that and that when I woke up I was sleeping on those Egg carton shaped mattresses.

Another dream I had was when I was stuck to the road, just in the middle of the street unable to move. I think I eventually got hit by a car. Then I think my teeth cam out, but they weren't knocked out, it's like a smooth rock with those fake spaced apart hillbilly teeth glued to it was birthed from my mouth now laying on the asphalt next to me.

Also I've had dreams where people I don't talk to anymore are hanging out with me and having fun. It's nice, but when I wake up it's kind of sad realizing those people probably would rather not speak to me again, to be honest, I find that pretty frightening. That sudden realization that reality isn't as good as my dreams.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By RandomHero666

I've had the same dream almost every night for as long as I can remember. I don't know what it's about, all I know is it involves big round metal/stone things and I usually wake up terrified and covered in sweat.

soulfulsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By soulfulsoul

Some of the werdest dream I remember were:

When I was little, I remember having a dream that I got a new toy car, and when I woke up, I could actually feel it in my hand. I didn't realize it wasn't there until I looked in my hand.

I once had a dream I was a secret agent, and I was being chased through a campground by badguys. I ended up hiding behind a hedge, but was disovered, shot with a machine gun, and woke up in shock with a feeling of pins and needles in my chest!

I have recurring dreams where I find hidden areas in my own house of the houses of my neighbourhoods, I actually seem to have created an entire dream neighbourhood whih is based on my real life one. It is always slightly different, but I always seem to have a sense of where things are in relation to each other.

I've recently had some dreams with incredible detail, One was with a nasar racing around a track, and my view zoomed into the engine where a bolt came out of place, then the view zoomed out, the car crashed, and there was a huge explosion! The most recent occured in a crazy windstorm, so powerful that the trees were waving back and forth, nearly touhing the ground on each side of their swing. One snapped in half with an explosion of splinters shooting towards me. I went downstairs under my pool table to take shelter, and woke up when I heard (and felt) trees hitting the house.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Ketchupp

I had a dream I destroyed tanks by hand and ripped werewolves heads apart by their mouths.

SarjuTheRapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SarjuTheRapper

I fell asleep reading/listening to a read-aloud book tape in french on a boombox type thing, and in my dream i recorded babbling nonsense over the tape and then returned it and the book to the library. I then felt a tremendous amount of guilt, a pang of which still hits me whenever I think about it.

I'm not even sure if I was dreaming or not. I think I was 5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The scariest dream I've ever had, and this probably won't seem that frightening unless you've experienced it yourself, was one that felt so real I honestly couldn't tell that I was dreaming. I guess my dream started by me waking up. I was completely convinced that I was actually awake and going about my normal day. However, at some point I realized that something was "off". Something wasn't "right". At first I brushed it off and payed no mind to it. But the feeling that something, somewhere "wasn't right" only grew stronger the longer I tried to ignore it. I began talking to my parents and carefully examining things in the house to see if I could find whatever it was that causing this feeling of "wrongness". The feeling grew more intense and eventually I began to really panic and starting tearing things apart and turning the house upside down to find "it", whatever "it" was. At some point I noticed my parents had disappeared. I began to notice other strange things as well. Furniture out of place. Pictures hanging on the walls that I never noticed before. But none of those things were "it". I felt like I was going completely insane. It was at that moment when I felt what I can only describe as the entire world, or maybe even reality itself being torn apart at the seams. And then I woke up. Perhaps the most frightening part of the dream, is that I was so convinced that it was reality, that for several hours after I actually woke up I couldn't tell whether I was dreaming or awake.

Some more of my scariest dreams that are strangely all recurring dreams:

• When I was very young I had a recurring dream in which I was being kidnapped by some really gross people.
  • Another one from that same time is I would be swinging on a swing set, and I would want to swing really high and jump off. However, I was swinging a little too high and a little too fast, and when I jumped I rocketed in an arc all the way across the yard. When I finally landed, I could hear the bones in my legs shatter.
  • One more from that time. I would dream that I fell into a pit filled snakes and broken glass.
  • When I was a bit older I began dreaming that I was being abducted by aliens. These were especially frightening as they felt pretty real.
  • Another one was I would dream that a very tall skeleton "doctor" dressed in a thick black rubber butcher's apron and a surgical mask would come into my room to "examine" me. The examination mostly consisted of him poking and pinching my flesh really hard with his skeleton fingers and cackling and making other unidentifiable sounds.
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By dichemstys

I used to have these weird out-of-body experiences as a kid. I would just walk around and be conscious of it, but not be able to necessarily stop walking or think straight.

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By LastNinja

Recurring dream I have is going up or down long/tall spiraling stairs that are sort of free-standing in the middle of this huge hall/mall type of building, but there are no guardrails and for some reason gravity is pulling me to the edges and I always end up hanging from an edge loosing grip just when I wake up. Usually I'm just wearing underpants too.

Another dream I've only had once, but I remember it clearly for the incredible sense of dread and doom it left me with when I woke up. It's evening and I'm driving a car presumably to get home from work when I hear this strange rumbling and look out the window to see this huge black missile, with a red star on it, in the sky. Recognizing that it most likely was a nuke, and that it was headed for a nearby mountainside I get this incredible feeling of "fuck the world is gonna end right now, it's gonna end violently and there is nothing I can do about it". I then feel a searing incredible heat and wake-up drenched in sweat. After thinking about it I realize that the missile imagery came from Frank Miller's "The Return of the Dark Knight".

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NegativeCero

Sleep paralysis is pretty terrifying, especially the first time. I can't remember any specific dreams though.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AlexanderSheen

I rarely dream and if I do I forget it when I wake up.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I had one a week or so back where I was on some kind of boat, at night, and there was a storm going on. There was another boat ahead of us, and it was staying just out of our sight so we couldn't see it, but somehow I ended up getting tossed overboard and landing near the other ship- it's a dream, it doesn't have to be consistent like that- and I noticed that the water was full of bones, skulls and what have you, and I remember trying my damndest to swim away because I was convinced that those were the crew of the other ship and they'd pull me under.

I'm afraid of deep water, you see. It sucks.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Toxeia

I had my first nightmare at 4. I had gotten out of bed and was looking for my parents who were no where to be found. In the living room was a Minotaur with a nose ring on a pull chain. After pulling on the nose ring (I don't know what prompted me to do so) bats emerged from the nostrils and began to tear at my flesh.

No other dream has stuck with me enough to remember it like that one.

ZombieSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ZombieSpace

Sleep paralysis sucks, when i first experienced it i thought i was going to die!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By crusader8463

Haven't had any good/exciting/memorable dreams since I was a kid. One of them was when my mom asked me to go down to the basement to get something out of the freezer, but when I opened the door my basement had turned into a jungle. There was a clearing straight to the freezer and as I walked closer I suddenly knew that there was Raptors circling around me, and that I had to hurry to get the thing out of the freezer before they killed me. As I was running back to the door to get out I could hear the raptors running behind me and just as I was about to get to the door I could feel them breathing on my neck and suddenly the door just kept getting further and further away. Next thing I knew I fell down and when I rolled over to look at the raptors they pounced on me and started to rip my stomach to shreds. I remember the dream because I sat there for a good 2-3 minutes while they ate my insides and tore me to bits.

The other big dream I always remembered was me walking out to the school bus one day when I started to get an erection. Then I noticed that as my erection started to get bigger I could now float walk like I was on the moon. I spent a good 5-10 min just jump floating around my yard like I was on the moon, until it kept getting bigger and bigger. Then I suddenly found myself with a giant 6 foot long penis and I started floating up into the sky. Eventually it got so big that it exploded and then I feel down to the earth and died.

Those are the two that I always remember.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Last night I dreamed that my dad was getting arrested for stealing the Guitar Hero name.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By supermonkey122

I had a dream the other night that I was being yelled at by my middle school dean of students for something very bad that I did, but I don't remember what. After that it seemed like I was trapped in my middle school that I haven't been to in like 6 years. Then I saw my old guidance counseler and he yelled at me for the same reason the dean yelled at me for, but I still don't remember what it was.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jking47

I had a pretty crazy dream the other night.

My teeth, along with a huge chunk of the gum it was connected to, just started falling out. I would close my mouth, feel a tooth shift, then spit out a bloody piece of skin and tooth. This freaked me out, I looked in a mirror and saw my fucked up mouth, and I was starting to lose my shit. I was walking around (not quite sure where I was) with my teeth in my hands trying to find someone to help me, but everyone I went to just kind of sadly shook their heads and looked at me wistfully. Eventually my hands carrying the mess of teeth and flesh started to fall apart, just a digit from one finger at first, and slowly ramping up to whole fingers breaking off and falling. I woke up by the time all my fingers were gone, and ran to my bathroom to check on my teeth. Luckily all good!

I don't know why, I usually forget my dreams, but this one has stuck with me with a strangely strong feeling.