What in the hell do I do? And how do I get it done in time?

1_879_116_9420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By 1_879_116_9420

Imagine you recieve an email, not asking for your password or to update contact info, but saying "thanks for enrolling in Triple Advantage Monitoring free trial... cancel within __ days to avoid being charged."

Now, you don't recall ever going to freecreditreport.com, you always knew that its b.s.
So you signed up for the real free report offered by law from Experian's own site, and made damn sure you unchecked any "would you also like" option there.

Yet you recieve this email from the childish late-night commercial icon freecreditreport, and normally would just blow it off as a phishing attempt, but by the small token chance that this is real, and you missed one little signup checkbox at Experian before clicking "no thanks, continue to my order", you could end up being charged god knows how much money at the end of this trial period.

:( Fuck my life.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By angelkanarias

if you didn't place your credit card number you are allright. it is porbably just spam.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kmdrkul

If you truly are worried just call your credit union company and let them know...

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By alexrubens

Alot of times people pretending to be companies send out email saying that you for signing up for our product. Even though you didnt, then they say just enter your credit card and we'll get started.