What is one weird thing you collect that no one else does?

blackadder88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I collect vintage headphones from the 60s 7os 80s 90s 00s 10s .. and new too

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I collected a full jar of those tear off bits of plastic from Evian bottles at one point but then I threw them away.

World_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By World_Turtle

I have all the balls from the ball point pens I've used up over the last ~12 years.

samaroo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing cards. I have around 250 different decks, and just under a thousand total.

I'm very cool

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@samaroo22: Are you into Cardistry or card tricks?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6 sweep  Moderator

For years I collected beermats. I stuck them all up on the wall, it looked pretty cool actually. I had beermats from all over the world.

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And why, what's the point? I have an old 80's, want to give you a present? What country are you?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Anime on DVD and Blu-ray. Rubber bands, specifically the kind from my local post office. I've been building a fairly large rubber band ball for the past 10 years. It's a bit larger than a baseball at this point.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Something no one collects? I’m sure I’m not alone here, but my best answer is probably used drumsticks.

I’ve somehow amassed a small army of drumsticks that I’ve caught at concerts.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My movie ticket stubs. I know others collect this, but it's probably the most unique thing I collect. I have every stub from the past 12 years.

I use the save coffee cans from the vending machine coffee here in Japan, but having moved appartments a few times now bringing empty coffee cans was a bit much.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a weird obsession with pens. Not expensive pens, but like a Pilot Vball or whatever. I have a Darth Maul pen that writes way smoother than it has any right (write) to. My current favorite is a 4 in 1 pen made by a Japanese company called Zebra. I don't really write much so it is an odd habit.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I collect my own nail trimmings. I assume no one else is collecting my nail trimmings....

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Obviously quite a few people collect music CDs but most everyone around me only buys MP3s nowadays. I'd say I have nearly 1,000 approximately, if not more but I haven't counted in years. I'm going to have to get back to cataloging them soon.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@slaegar: i could see getting into that. Neat.

Not sure if I’d call it a collection, but I used to buy up used copies of books I liked and kept them around to give to reader friends who hadn’t read the writers. Out of college, that became pretty pointless and a waste of apace, but it was fun.

samaroo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sub_o: Wow, sorry for the late reply. Yes, I'm into cardistry, and I guess you are, too, since I've never heard anyone not into it use that word. I mostly do magic, though (or prestidigitation!) and haven't done any pure flourishing in a while.

You?

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@samaroo22: I just started , trying to learn it. Can’t do a damn thing, except for basic fanning, cuts, and riffle shuffle.

Yeah originally I was trying to learn card magic, but all seems to require some sort of flourish, so I decided to tackle cardistry first. Got my first deck, which is the Memento Mori from Chris Ramsey.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

I have a little collection of business cards

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BrunoTheThird

I collect keys: ornate chest keys, music box keys, replicas of movie keys (Beauty and the Beast, The Secret Garden, Return to Oz), mini keyblades, etc.

I have two binders of completed sets of Pokémon cards. I'm proudest of my Generations + Radiant Collection, all reverse holo foils (less valuable but I prefer the look).

I have about 25 sets of dice -- tonnes from Q Workshop and other stores with lots of D&D stuff. My faves are the Cthulhu and Halloween sets.

I have a similar number of decks of cards, like the Blaine White Lions, Red Keepers, and a bunch of rarer Bicycle sets like the limited Cthulhu and Deco ones I backed on Kickstarter.

My favourite deck is probably this one created by Ondrej Psenicka. They have an ingenious marking system in their design; you have to unlock the codex, so to speak, with the password that comes in the box. It was way cool.

No Caption Provided

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another playing card collector here. I do cardistry (poorly) and just started to dabble in card magic. Do you other collects have the same weird fear I do in using decks that you'll wear out your only pack of a specific deck and it's for some reason not available anymore, so you buy far too many packs when you buy new cards? I usually buy 1/2 brick minimum so I have buffer room to mess around without worry of wearing out cards i'll not be able to replace, but then I often end up with just 5 or 6 decks that stay in a neat stack on display and never really touch them except showing them off to people who don't care because i'm still using the same few decks I have been for months. The 2018 Virts I ended up buying a brick and a half, and I still have the only 2017 Virts deck that I opened last year still in near pristine condition.

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably beautiful headphones, or am I wrong?