What kind of headphones/ earbuds do you use?

• 78 results
cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I have Shure SRH840's for gaming, movies and music. Easily the best headphones I've ever owned, and more often than not I'll have them on my head whenever I'm at my flat. I also own a cheap pair of earphones for my everyday commute -mainly for podcasts. I cannot seem to make them last for more than a year, so I'm wary of spending too much money on a pair.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By monetarydread

I just purchased a pair of Sennheiser Momentums and am loving them - to an extent. They are a little warm sounding for my tastes (imagine the sound difference between vinyl and CD and you have an idea of what I am talking about), but other than that they are the best closed headphones that I have ever heard.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I have Shure SRH840's for gaming, movies and music. Easily the best headphones I've ever owned, and more often than not I'll have them on my head whenever I'm at my flat. I also own a cheap pair of earphones for my everyday commute -mainly for podcasts. I cannot seem to make them last for more than a year, so I'm wary of spending too much money on a pair.

Hi5 - I used to own a set of 840s, and they were fantastic. It seems we have the same problem with in-ears as well.

But yeah, seems like most of the guys who've posted here are rocking some pretty decent cans.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I use some Plantronics headset I got handed down for chatting/gaming. As far as earbuds for music and stuff, I use the MEElectronics M9. They're really good considering how much I paid for them ($15).

Subbeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In ear I've got some Senn CX300iis and for PC use Grado SR60i, paired with a good sound card they are a really nice set of headphones.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sennheiser 202 HD's. Incredible value.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Beats Studio for everyday and Logitech G35 for PC gaming. I'm a brand whore

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some random Skullcandy earbuds. I've had them for nearly 3 years and they work perfectly.

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By radecau

Love my Audio Technica stuff, sound quality is always great and their design is really comfortable, at least on my head. I've got ATH-A500 for at home that are getting a bit old now and some ATH-EW9 for when I'm out.

T1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use regular headphones. I head the ear plug headphones.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Audio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE (50th Anniversary Limited Edition)

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apple Ear Pods and Turtle Beach for the 360

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Logitech Wireless H800

I like being able to move around. I think they're better than the Logitech wireless clearchats I used to have.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Soul by Ludacris (the biggest ones) on sale for $99 around xmas, use those on my PC. Got skullcandy ink'd for listening to stuff out and about, and jvc marshmallows to sleep in. I trash earbuds so I always buy ones under $20.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DT880 250 Ohm

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

Grado SR80is for the desktop and whatever earbuds I can scrounge up for on-the-go (because they never seem to stand the test of time). Currently some Sennheiser CX200s with a backup pair of Monoprice earbuds.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I had a pair of Sennheiser earbuds that were Adidas branded and made specifically to take a beating and withstand a lot of sweat. They were basically made for runners. I got them because the wiring was kevlar-coated and I have a tendency to beat the fuck out of my earbuds. They were and still are durable as fuck. Only thing is one day I woke up from being blackout drunk and one of the earbuds was ripped off the wire. I'll pop one earbud in while I'm at work and weave it through my sweatshirt so my boss doesn't see and they serve their purpose. Otherwise I use the generic Samsung ones that came with my Galaxy S3. I wanna save up and get some Bose ones when I have the money. I've broken two pairs of Beats earbuds already, fuck those things. Blew the speakers on one set and the wire got fucked on the other one. Conveniently neither were covered by warranty.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sennheiser 280's, great pair of headphones at a decent price.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etymotic HF3 for iPhone and Sennheiser RS170 wireless ones for PC.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I use Skullcandy Skullcrushers.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have some model of the Sennheiser HD's. They are real good.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another vote for Grado SR60; best headphones available for under $100. I've owned various Sennheiser headphones, too… but they don't measure up.

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By panvixyl
LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By LikeaSsur
Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10. Crap name, great IEMs. Used to be crazy expensive but now you can have a pair for about $200, and since the cord is replaceable you don't have to worry about spending another $200 if it breaks.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Sennheiser MM-100 they are exactly what I need functionally for walking the dog / working out / driving.

shorthair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By shorthair

Beats studios. Everyday use for over a year now. I think they sound great but they are far from a great set of headphones. Having to go and buy batteries on a regular basis sucks and having to manage rechargeable AAA's isn't a whole lot of fun. Not worth full retail at all but if you can make friends with a monster employee (while monster was still making them) and use their 75% discount, they seem like a buch better buy than the AKG K272HD or Audio-Technica ATH-M50. In hind site i should have paid the extra €50 and gone with the AKG or AT's

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By zenmastah

Sennheiser HD 518s and for what theyre going for i have to say im a little bit disapointed..

His and mids are somewhat lacking and the bass aint that great unless you boost it with equalizer.

Still looking for the best value/performance headphones.

When im out ive been using Koss Porta Pros for years now, and theyre just great. Highly recommended.