• 143 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by dr_nefarious (1614 posts) -

I'm getting a major in film. Specifically writing and directing. What about you guys?

#2 Posted by Milkman (16614 posts) -

Communications.

#3 Posted by CaLe (3944 posts) -

Japanese language.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

I studied film, ended up in graphics.

#5 Posted by mrfizzy (1527 posts) -

Major in history and a minor in politics

#6 Posted by wemibelec90 (1598 posts) -

As useless as it's probably going to end up being, I'm majoring English. I have no intentions of becoming a teacher so I will most likely have trouble finding a job after college. Thought hard about better majors but just wasn't interested in taking those classes. At least this way, I'll enjoy what I'm taking.

#7 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Thuganomics

#8 Posted by dr_nefarious (1614 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

As useless as it's probably going to end up being, I'm majoring English. I have no intentions of becoming a teacher so I will most likely have trouble finding a job after college. Thought hard about better majors but just wasn't interested in taking those classes. At least this way, I'll enjoy what I'm taking.

Have you ever thought about having a career as a writer?

#9 Posted by Inkerman (1450 posts) -

Law/International Relations, double degree.

#10 Posted by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

Psychology, most likely.

#11 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

I was a History major back in college.

#12 Posted by wemibelec90 (1598 posts) -

@dr_nefarious said:

@wemibelec90 said:

As useless as it's probably going to end up being, I'm majoring English. I have no intentions of becoming a teacher so I will most likely have trouble finding a job after college. Thought hard about better majors but just wasn't interested in taking those classes. At least this way, I'll enjoy what I'm taking.

Have you ever thought about having a career as a writer?

Of course. That isn't something you can just fall into, unless you're extremely good at it. Unfortunately, I'm not. :(

#13 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6294 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

As useless as it's probably going to end up being, I'm majoring English. I have no intentions of becoming a teacher so I will most likely have trouble finding a job after college. Thought hard about better majors but just wasn't interested in taking those classes. At least this way, I'll enjoy what I'm taking.

Ditto. Fuck what people say, writing has been the only thing I've ever showed an aptitude in, I fucking suck at everything else. So what the fuck ever, I guess I have a shit major doing what I love.

#14 Posted by SpaceDandie (256 posts) -

Biology

#15 Posted by Sergio (2079 posts) -

Computer Science

#16 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -

Major in Economics, Minor in Political Science

#17 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

I feel like I should do something like musical engineering or something.  I really dont have a passion for science and I would rather do something interesting.  

#18 Posted by djn3811 (53 posts) -

Right now I'm majoring in Chemistry. Not really sure if I'm going to change, but I have no idea what I want to do in life so I guess I need to figure that out.

#19 Posted by TyCobb (1960 posts) -

I chose work experience over college. Best decision I ever made.

#20 Posted by TyCobb (1960 posts) -

@djn3811 said:

Right now I'm majoring in Chemistry. Not really sure if I'm going to change, but I have no idea what I want to do in life so I guess I need to figure that out.

Get a job as a pharmacist. Believe it or not, those guys at the local grocery store are making $100K/year.

#22 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (647 posts) -

Just like the OP I majored in film. Worked out pretty well for me as I worked on the a few films, the second season of Boardwalk Empire, and now work at a music TV channel (don't wanna say which just cuz I currently work there) having a great time working with TV personalities and musicians daily. Saying this cuz a lot of people think majoring in film is a waste, but if you graduate with an open mind it can work out fine. Living in NY like I do helps with film though (also LA, obviously).

#23 Posted by djn3811 (53 posts) -

@TyCobb: Yeah, that's what my dad told me and if i stick with chemistry that might be where I head, I'm just not 100% sure.

#24 Posted by DarthOrange (3857 posts) -

Good luck dude! My major is in Criminology, Law and Society.

#25 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

when i was in school i majored in multimedia. i want a job at a graphic design. right now i work at a grocery store pushing carts.

#26 Posted by DarthOrange (3857 posts) -

@iam3green said:

when i was in school i majored in multimedia. i want a job at a graphic design. right now i work at a grocery store pushing carts.

#27 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I am majoring in Biology and going pre-med. I'm going into my junior year right now.

#28 Posted by Game_Baron (119 posts) -

@dr_nefarious: Also film, but mainly producing and directing.

#29 Posted by ADarkMatter (138 posts) -

I'm majoring in Biotechnology :)

#30 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

Paleontology!

#31 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I would like to change my major to either Information Technology or Marketing. I may do the latter because I really don't think that I can pass Calculus.

#32 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2020 posts) -

Electrical and Computer Engineering here. Tough courseload but I love what I do!

#33 Posted by robdburrows (40 posts) -

Psychology/Philosophy/Computing Science Triple Major.

#34 Posted by Mastercheesey (219 posts) -

@dr_nefarious said:

I'm getting a major in film. Specifically writing and directing. What about you guys?

Where do you go if you don't mind me asking. Im interested in majoring in film and stuff after I graduate high school next year.

#35 Posted by Zleunamme (653 posts) -

I graduated with a BFA in Communication Design. Its another word for graphic design. For some reason people seem to confuse that with Mass Com.

#36 Posted by shootermcclay (219 posts) -

I got my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing. I'll probably go back in a few years to become a Nurse Anesthetist.

#37 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4599 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Thuganomics

So what you're saying is that, contrary to popular opinion, you chose the thug life?

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7069 posts) -

History with a minor in Political Science.

#39 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (504 posts) -

English.

#40 Posted by Ben_H (3335 posts) -

@Sergio said:

Computer Science

This. I was a math major but fuck math. Math goes from being interesting to really boring and frustrating really fast. If I could do a Statistics major I would but my university only offers it in combination with a math degree so I decided against it.

Oddly enough, I'll probably minor in history too. I've taken tons of history classes as electives and I think I'm something like 2 classes from qualifying for a minor

#41 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Major in Supply Chain Management, Minor in Economics

#42 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I'm double majoring in Film Studies and English with an emphasis in Creative Writing.

#43 Posted by Nux (2322 posts) -

English with writing. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I do know I don't want to be a teacher.

#44 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1406 posts) -

Computer Science and physics :)

#45 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

Did my undergrad in political science with a concentration in international relations and comparative governments.

Then went to law school.

Work in politics now.

#46 Posted by Sergio (2079 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

@Sergio said:

Computer Science

This. I was a math major but fuck math. Math goes from being interesting to really boring and frustrating really fast. If I could do a Statistics major I would but my university only offers it in combination with a math degree so I decided against it.

Oddly enough, I'll probably minor in history too. I've taken tons of history classes as electives and I think I'm something like 2 classes from qualifying for a minor

I was originally a civil engineering major. That took a lot of math, which I used to enjoy, until I got a series of incompetent math professors who talked with thick accents. Oddly enough, tinkering with Mathematica eventually led to me changing majors. My only prior programming experience was Pascal in high school.

#47 Posted by 49th (2722 posts) -

Multimedia. I'd like to focus a bit more on specific areas though. Jack of all trades, master of none.

#48 Posted by Fhool (16 posts) -

Sociology

#49 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2052 posts) -

I have no idea yet! I'm thinking maybe computer science? I am interested in learning Japanese as well too so who knows!

#50 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

I don't want to be in the military, no.